Melbourne Airport MLB
Located outside the city of Melbourne, Florida, the Orlando Melbourne International Airport provides routine rescheduled, charter, and conventional aviation services. Served by prime airlines, it sports connections across the world.
It is established 1.5 miles (2.4 km) northwest of downtown Melbourne, in Brevard County, Florida, and 50 miles southeast of Orlando. MLB airport has three asphalt runways and covers an area of 2,800 acres (1,133 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- The Melbourne International Airport was awarded a place in the "Top 10 Most Scenic Airport Landings" by 'PrivateTly' in April 2017.
- It is estimated that the airport serves more than 430,000 passengers every year.
- The airport does not receive local tax dollars as it is included in the Melbourne municipal budget.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Melbourne Airport opens at 4:30 a.m. and closes typically after the last flight of the day.
- You are recommended to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before your scheduled departure to account for the security wait times and any delays.
- It will be useful for you to check out the MLB airport map before you reach the airport.
- Ensure you go through the security screening guidelines as the security officers have the final say to determine whether an item can pass through.
- For arriving flight status: Arriving flight status gives you all the information about the airport gate, arrival times, and possible delays.
- For departing flights: Departing flight status provides the scheduled versus actual departure, any delays, and map tracking.
- You can book a flight at MLB to get the best fares.
MLB Airport has 2 Concourses: International Concourse & Domestic Concourse. For further details, please visit MLB Airport Terminal Map.
MLB Airport serves many airlines, including American Airlines, American Eagle, Delta Airlines, and more.
View the full list of airlines served at MLB Airport.
Parking at MLB is available just steps away from the airlines. There are covered walkways present to protect travelers along with separate handicap spaces. For the convenience of the visitors, it offers a free cell phone lot as well.
You can benefit from several options when it comes to ground transportation for passengers after reaching the airport. Whether bus services are convenient for you or you prefer airport shuttles, the MLB airport leaves it up to you. Travelers can also choose to use taxi or limousine services for maximum comfort.
Bus and transit services
Melbourne's Greyhound Lines bus terminal can easily connect passengers to popular Florida destinations. The Melbourne Airport Express provides Door-to-door pickup service for your convenience. The Space Coast Area Transit (SCAT) makes traveling a breeze throughout Brevard County. It also provides wheelchair-accessibility in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
There are various taxi services available to travelers. Passengers can give a call to Cab To Go, Flash Cab, Gateway Travel Connection, and many other services for an excellent travel experience.
If you like to travel in style, the various limousine services are for you. Services like Brevard Executive Limo, Celebrity Limo, Classic VIP Limo, Destiny Limo, and many more provide luxurious rides.
Hotels with courtesy vehicles
The Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, Hilton Rialto Place, and the Suburban Extended Stay provide ground transport to passengers in need.
The AAA Shuttle Service and the Cocoa Beach Shuttle are available for passengers who prefer using the shuttle services for travel.
Amenities & Services
For an enjoyable and wholesome travel experience, MLB Airport offers several amenities and services for its visitors, including:
- Free wireless internet.
- Pet-relief area.
- Restaurants, and Cafes.
- Art Installations.
Address: One Air Terminal Parkway, Suite 220, Melbourne, FL 32901-1888, USA
Melbourne Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- In 1928, a Pitcairn Aircraft landed on a cow pasture strip north of Kissimmee Highway. This was how the Orlando Melbourne International Airport started.
- Melbourn got hold of 160 acres (65 ha) west of Indian River Bluff to form an airport in 1933.
- Scheduled airline flights at the airport started in 1953.
- The airport operated as a Surplus Property Airport after the War in 1947 and was a municipal airport until 1967.
- Eastern Airlines Boeing 727s, Douglas DC-9s, and Lockheed Electras fled from the airport in the 1960s and 1970s.
- To relate its name to its role, the name of the airport was changed to Melbourne Regional Airport in 1973.
- The airport’s name was changed to the Orlando Melbourne International Airport in 2015. This attracted travelers who were interested in visiting the beaches and Walt Disney World.
Q. Is the Melbourne International Airport the same as MLB?
A: Yes. The Melbourne International Airport is also known by its IATA code MLB.
Q. How far is the Melbourne International Airport from Downtown Melbourne?
A: The Melbourne International Airport is located 1.5 miles (2.4 km) northwest of downtown Melbourne, in Brevard County, Florida, and 50 miles southeast of Orlando.
Q. What cities can I fly from MLB?
A: Passengers can fly to various cities from the MLB Airport. You can visit our direct flight page to see all the destinations you can fly to.
Q: Can I get wheelchair assistance at Melbourne International Airport?
A: Yes. Arriving and departing passengers can benefit from the wheelchair assistance. The team of Passenger Service Agents is always ready to help disabled travelers with their needs related to luggage and wheelchair.
Concrete Polishing Melbourne is quick turning [more]singhfloors 01/16/2020
I'm departing 9/18 and returning 9/23. How much would [more]Daniel I Haber 09/05/2019
4 day parking rate
cost of short term parkingCMT 11/11/2018
Airport to Cocoa Beach
Can someone suggest a reasonable service for 5 people?Upstate 03/25/2018