Ontario Airport is an international airport in Ontario, California, and is owned and operated by the Ontario International Airport Authority. ONT Airport serves California's San Bernardino & Riverside counties, as well as portions of north Orange and east Los Angeles counties
ONT is located two miles east of downtown Ontario, in San Bernardino County, California, and about 38 miles (61 km) east of Downtown Los Angeles. covers an area of 1,741 acres (705 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- Ontario CA Airport has a total of 24 passenger destinations.
- In 2018 & 2019, the airport was named fastest growing airport in the US.
- In 2019, the airport served more than 5 million passengers.
Airport Traveling Tips
- The peak hours of the airport include
- Morning: 5:00 am - 6:00 am
- Afternoon: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- For an international flight, passengers are advised to arrive 3 hours before the departure time, and for a domestic flight, 2 hours before the departure to account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, please have a look at the ONT Airport map to get oriented with the terminals and facilities.
- Passengers are advised to make sure they carry their government-approved IDs to avoid any inconvenience at the security check.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- For picking up passengers, you can go from I-10, exit Haven Avenue, then go south to Airport Drive, right on Airport Drive. Once your party is ready for pick up, they can call you and you can proceed to the terminal loading and unloading zone.
- Also, the visitors can use parking in the cell phone waiting lot, located at 3350 John Bangs Dr, Ontario, CA 91761 , that is free for up to an hour.
- For drop-off, the passengers can be dropped outside the terminals from where they’ve to board a flight.
- For arriving flights: Arrival flight status provides the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Ontario Airport.
- For departing flights: Departing flight status lists scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- To get the best fares, book a flight at ONT international.
There are 2 terminals and a separate adjacent international arrivals facility at Ontario International Airport. Originally, the terminal numbering scheme was designed to accommodate future growth under a prior airport master plan.
For more information, and to see the terminal locations, please have a look at the ONT Terminal Map.
This terminal has gates 201-212. The baggage claim is located at the ground level, and it also has Lost & Found behind the information desk.
Terminal 4 has gates 401-414. The baggage claim on this terminal is also located at the ground level.
International Arrivals Facility
The International arrivals facility has 2 gates for arrivals only, and it has a U.S. Customs and Border Protection FIS/Federal Inspection Service.
As the full list of airlines served at Ontario Airport shows, Ontario International Airport serves various airlines including Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue, Volaris, United Airlines, and more.
There are many short-term & long-term, and other parking options at Ontario Airport.
Lots 2 and 4 General
They’re exactly in front of terminals 2 and 4, respectively.
Upto 1 hour Rate: $6
Up to 2 hours Rate: $8
Up to 4 hours Rate: $10
Up to 24 hours Rate: $21
In addition to the above, there’s also a premium parking option at the terminals.
This is in between Terminal 2 and 4, and is just a short walk distance from both the terminals.
Full day parking at a flat rate: $16/day
ONT Airport also offers valet parking that is available right next to the terminal curbside.
Off-Airport parking is available in various parking lots near the Ontario Airport. Most of the off-site lots allow 24/7 access.
From rental cars to limos to buses, plus more, passengers have a variety of ground transportation options after arriving at the airport. Additionally, many passengers also opt for ride services such as Taxis, Uber, and Lyft.
The Rental Car Center is located at 3450 East Airport Drive, Ontario, CA 91761, near Haven Avenue. Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz, etc. are some of the well-known providers for rental cars.
Taxis & Limos
Taxis are a convenient transportation option for both getting to and leaving Ontario Airport. Fares to various destinations are based on the taxi’s meter, and pricing depends on the length and timing of your ride. Also, many limousine operators provide transportation to and from ONT. The passengers can choose between the taxis and limos as per their convenience.
Bus & Rail
Public Transportation is easily available when traveling from Ontario International Airport. The Southern California bus and rail providers offering ONT service include Amtrak, Foothill Transit, Greyhound, Metro Bus and Rail, Metrolink, and many more.
Amenities & Services
For visitors to have a great stay, Ontario Airport provides plenty of amenities and services including:
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- PPE vending machines.
- Therapy Dogs.
- Escape Lounge.
Address: 2900 East Airport Drive, Ontario, CA 91761USA
Phone: (909) 937 2700
Ontario Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- In 1929, the city of Ontario purchased 30 acres (12 ha), now in the southwest corner of the airport, for $12,000, and established the Ontario Municipal Airport.
- In 1941, the city bought 470 acres (190 ha) around the airport and approved construction of new runways, which were completed by 1942.
- In 1946, Ontario Municipal Airport was renamed Ontario International Airport.
- In 1968, ONT airport saw its first scheduled jet flights.
- In September 1986, Ontario hosted the Concorde supersonic airliner during a promotional round-the-world flight.
- In 1981, a second east–west runway, 26L/8R, was built.
- In 1998, the new and larger airport terminal was opened.
- In 2005, The airport's traffic peaked with 7.2 million passengers.
- in November 2016, The Ontario International Airport Authority took over control of the airport’s operations
- In early 2017, the airport's continuing traffic decline reversed, when the airport experienced faster growth than LAX for the first time since 2007.
Do i need to reserve long term parking at lot 3 in advance?
Asked by sung - Wed, 19 October
You can reserve advance or you can also pay once you get there.
Is there covered parking?
Asked by Sandra Benuzzi - Thu, 29 September
There is no covered parking available at this airport.
Is there a shuttle to the car rental or is it close enough to walk?
Asked by Juanita - Mon, 26 September
There is a shuttle bus available to and from the car rental location.
I lost my parking ticket as soon as I arrived at the airport. What do I do?
Asked by Kourtney - Sun, 25 September
You can contact the parking department at 909-937-1240.
How can I contact baggage claims dept for American Airlines at Ontario Airport?
Asked by Sandra Ann Snyder - Mon, 12 September
You can contact American Airlines at (800) 433-7300.
Can I reserve parking at ONT?
Asked by Elaine - Tue, 6 September
What terminal is SWA in at ONT?
Asked by Dave - Sat, 3 September
Southwest Airlines is located in Terminal 4 at this airport.
Can you prebook parking?
Asked by Greg - Sun, 14 August
Where is the prayer room?
Asked by Christopher Jared - Wed, 10 August
There isn't a prayer room located at this airport.
What Terminal is Gate 201 United?
Asked by Steve - Tue, 9 August
Is there free Wi-Fi service At Uber ride pick up area?
Asked by Joseph - Tue, 28 June
We could not find any verification of free Wi-Fi Service at this airport.
What is the baggage services phone number for American Airlines?
Asked by Stephan Herzog - Mon, 27 June
You can call the American Airlines customer service number at (800) 433-7300 with any baggage issues.
Does Delta fly into this airport?
Asked by Claire - Sat, 21 May
Yes, Delta operates out of Terminal 2 at this airport.
Directions to Terminal 2.
Asked by KP - Sat, 14 May
We recommend that you put this address into your GPS: 2500 E. Airport Drive, Ontario, CA 91761.
Does Southwest fly out of this airport?
Asked by Claire - Sat, 7 May
Yes, Southwest Airline operates out of this airport.
Do I have to wear a mask?
Asked by Kea - Sat, 30 April
Where does United fly out of?
Asked by Kea - Sat, 16 April
United operates out of Terminal 2 at this airport.
Is there a Dunkin Donuts?
Asked by Kea - Sat, 2 April
Yes, there is one Dunkin at the airport. You can find it at Terminal 4, Gate 407.
Where is the Dunkin Donuts?
Asked by Kea Paddy - Fri, 25 March
Dunkin Donuts is located at Terminal 4, at Gate 407.
Do we have to remove toiletry bag and laptop from luggage?
Asked by Laxme - Mon, 14 March
Yes. Unless you have TSA PreCheck, you will have to remove liquids and electronics and put them in separate bins before going through security.
How early should I arrive for my flight?
Asked by Kea Paddy - Mon, 7 March
TSA recommends arriving 2 hours prior to your flight. However, waits at this airport average under an hour
How do I check in?
Asked by Lesley kunze - Tue, 22 February
Check with your airline on the options they offer to check-in - many allow to you check-in online 24 hours prior to your flight. It is recommended that you arrive an hour and 30 minutes to two hours prior to your departure time