Palm Beach International Airport is a public airport in Palm Beach County, Florida, west of the city of West Palm Beach, Florida, United States. It is operated by Palm Beach County's Department of Airports.
PBI airport is located 2.5 miles west of downtown West Palm Beach and just 3.5 miles west of Palm Beach. It covers 2,120 acres (858 ha) of land and has three runways.
Airport Stats & Facts
- Palm Beach International Airport is one of three major airports serving the Miami metropolitan area.
- In 2020, the airport served more than 3 million passengers.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Passengers are recommended to arrive at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- Travelers should be prepared to show this ID at various locations, such as the ticket counter, TSA security checkpoint, and gate.
- It’s suggested to carry medication, keys, and valuables with you, and not in checked luggage.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, please refer to the PBI Airport Map here.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- Passengers can be dropped off and picked up outside the terminal building.
- Drives must make sure to not stop for too long and not leave the vehicles unattended at all.
- For arriving flights: Arriving flight status provides Palm Beach Airport arrival times, gate information, time to land, and delays.
- For departing flights: Departing flights status shows actual vs scheduled departure, map tracking, departure times, flight delays, and gate information.
- To get the best fares, book a flight at PBI Airport here.
Palm Beach International Airport has four levels - Level 1, 2, 3, and 4 and three concourses - Concourse A, Concourse B, and Concourse C.
This level has Baggage Claim, Ground Transportation, Rental Cars, and Automated Reservation Centers.
Level 2 comprises Primeclass Lounge, Delta Club Room, TravelEx Currency Exchange and Business Center, etc.
At level 3, you can find Airline Ticket Counters, Curbside Baggage Check In, and Passenger Check In.
The short term parking can be found on this level.
The various airlines served at Palm Beach International Airport include JetBlue Airways, American Airlines, United Airlines, and more.
View the full list of airlines served at PBI here.
The short-term parking is at Level 4.
$17 per day.
It is another convenient parking option at PBI Airport.
$30 per day
$2.00 for the first 20 minutes
$1.00 each additional 20 minutes
For ground transportation, passengers have a variety of options to choose from, after arriving at the airport. The various options include buses, car rentals, airport shuttles, etc. Many passengers also opt for ride services such as Uber, Lyft, and Taxis.
Car rental services are conveniently located on Level One - Baggage Claim of the Airport terminal. Alamo, Avis, Dollar, etc. are some of the well-known providers.
Taxi, sedan, SUV and van services are available on an On-Demand, or Walk-Up basis at the Ground Transportation desks located in the Terminal- Baggage Claim, level one.
Buses & Trains
Palm Beach County's public bus transportation offers regular services throughout Palm Beach County. A bus stop is conveniently located on the outer curb, Level One and route maps can be found inside the Terminal, Level One, Baggage Claim. Tri-Rail provides rail service transportation between West Palm Beach and Miami with stops at many locations in between.
Amenities & Services
To help you have an amazing stay, Palm Beach International Airport provides visitors with different amenities and services including:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Massage bars, and shoe shine stations.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Currency exchange.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
Address: 846 PBI Airport, West Palm Beach, FL 33406, USA
Phone: (561) 471 7420
Palm Beach Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- Palm Beach International Airport began operations in 1936 as Morrison Field.
- In 1937 the airport expanded beyond an airstrip and an administration building when the Palm Beach Aero Corporation obtained a lease.
- After several years of Palm Beach County fighting the Air Force presence in West Palm Beach, the Air Force started to close down operations there.
- Delta Air Lines began scheduled flights in 1959 and Capital Airlines in 1960. The first turbine-powered flights were Eastern Airlines Lockheed L-188 Electras in 1959, and Eastern DC-8 nonstops to Idlewild started in December 1960.
- In October 1966 an eight-gate Main Terminal opened on the northeast side of the airport.
- In 1974, Delta Air Lines moved into its own six-gate terminal with the airport's first jetways.
- By the mid-1970s, the airport's dominant carriers were Delta, Eastern and National.
- Following the 2016 election of Donald Trump as President of the United States, Air Force One again became a frequent visitor to PBI, typically parking on the south side of the airport near Southern Boulevard while Trump visited his nearby Mar-a-Lago estate.
- Until 2017, a line of school buses was used as a temporary barrier between the aircraft and onlookers.
Maps, Airlines & Amenities
Palm Beach Airport (PBI) Terminals
How to connect free Wi-Fi?
Asked by Roberta Mason - Tue, 18 October
You should be able to search for wi-fi available and then connect your device.
is there a lost baggage office for American Airlines at PBI?Is it open today?
Asked by william domb - Mon, 10 October
Please contact American Airlines at (800) 433-7300 with any baggage questions.
Can I make a reservation in long term parking on site at PBI?
Asked by Lara - Wed, 28 September
We didn't find an option for reservations for parking.
What are the hours for the currency exchange office?
Asked by Kathy - Sat, 24 September
The hours the currency exchange is open are from Monday-Friday 7:00 am-7:00 pm and Saturday-Sunday 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
Where do I park for Concource C?
Asked by Richard - Wed, 24 August
The Economy parking lot is the closest long-term parking lot to Concourse C.
Where do you pickup a Lyft/Uber at PBI?
Asked by Kenneth - Sun, 14 August
You can pick up passengers as a Lyft/Uber or other rideshare programs at the outer curb of the third-floor on the Departure Level.
I am flying United on August 13th and ordered a wheel chair. Where do I go to get the wheelchair?
Asked by Greg - Wed, 10 August
The wheelchair should be available to you when you check-in with your airlines.
Do I need to reserve a spot for long term parking?
Asked by Megan Hall - Sun, 7 August
You don't have to reserve spots for long-term parking.
Where is Breeze Airways?
Asked by Tracy - Fri, 3 June
Breeze Airways is located in Concourse C.
Does a reservation need to be made for long term economy parking?
Asked by Linda Epstein - Sun, 1 May
No, a reservation does not need to be made for long-term economy parking at this airport.
Can I use ez pass to pay for parking?
Asked by ray - Thu, 28 April
No, you cannot. Only credit cards, cash and SunPass is accepted
If I am traveling from PBI on Thursday, April 14, do you think I will encounter long waits due to Spring Break?
Asked by Lisa - Thu, 7 April
Where is the entrance to long term parking?
Asked by Howard - Mon, 4 April
We suggest putting this into your GPS: Long Term ParkingWest Palm Beach, FL 33415. This will get you to the entrance.
My flight was canceled on 4/1/22 and rescheduled for same destination, PBI on 4/3. I checked with the departure airport airlines, Delta, and they said my luggage was sent to PBI. Where do i retrieve my luggage when I arrive in West Palm Beach (PBI) on 4/3/22?
Asked by dawn - Sat, 2 April
Please contact your airline directly for any baggage questions or issues. Good luck!
What’s best parking if I’m traveling with my dog?
Asked by Evon - Mon, 21 March
Any of the parking options would work well when traveling with a dog! Here is more airport parking information.
Baggage claim phone number?
Asked by James Jenkins - Wed, 16 March
Please contact your airline directly about any baggage issues.
Is shuttle bus operating from economy parking to and from airport terminal?
Asked by Barry Lubliner - Mon, 14 March
Economy parking shuttles is in service to and from the airport terminal. It's available 7 days a week. From Saturday to Wednesday, it operates 24 hours. From Thursday to Friday, it operates from 3:00 am - 1:30 am.
How do I get to level 3?
Asked by dianne cimino - Sat, 5 March
How many days is considered short term & long term?
Asked by Michelle - Sun, 27 February
The Airport's Parking website doesn't specify how long each term is. It does note any vehicle left longer than 30 days will be towed.
What are the hours for TSA at PBI Airport?
Asked by Nikhil - Sat, 26 February
The office for TSA is located at Level two in the main terminal. The hours for the TSA are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm from Tuesday-Thursday and are closed from 1:00 pm -1:30 pm.
Is there a smoking area?
Asked by Heney - Wed, 23 February
No, passengers at this airport cannot smoke inside the airport as smoking is restricted there.
Directions to economy parking at West Palm Beach airport.
Asked by Daniel Marcus - Mon, 21 February
Here's the address for the Economy Parking Lot: 1817 Perimeter Rd, West Palm Beach, FL 33415, US. Put this address into your GPS to get to the parking lot.
Where is the pickup area for arriving flights?
Asked by sherein - Fri, 18 February
Outside the terminal building, the passengers can be dropped off and picked up.
Which Terminal does Spirit Airlines use at PBI?
Asked by Lisa - Mon, 14 February
Spirit Airlines serves Concourse C.