- Airport-approved and safe taxis (tel. 507 238-4305 or 220-1210) are available to Panama City (up to 2 persons about $25; 3 or more $10/person). Taxis also take you to Albrook & Los Rios, Clayton, Howard, Gamboa, Arraijan & Veracruz, Chorrera and Colon.
- Regulated tourist taxis can be pre-purchased by calling 238-4305; the fare is about $25.
- The Panama Airport Shuttle, a private van shuttle service, can be accessed toll-free from the U.S (1-866-390-3451) and from Panama 209-5657.
- Some area hotels also offer their own shuttle services.
The public Metro Bus requires a prepaid card, which can be purchased in the Arrivals area of the passenger treminal, and all routs only cost $0.25 one-way. Wipe your card at the yellow box at Bus entrance.
- Bus ending at Via Espana. The Bus stops at : Ave. Ricardo Alfaro, Paso Blanco, Felipillo, Pacora & Chepo.
Tocumen Routes: via Espana; via Espana - Plaza Concordia; Dead Tomb, & National Brewery, Transistmica and Transistmica - Cerveceria Nacional/ national service.
Future developments: As of January 2016, a study is ongoing for a Light Rail connection to/from the Airport by Metro Line 2 (currently under construction at Panama City, to have a length of 21km with 16 stations), whereby the Technical University's station of line 2 would allow for rail & bus connections to Tocumen. (Panama City's metro line 3 is also being extended.) No further information was available as of Aug. 2017.