Where to meet
I am arriving on BA at Terminal 3. My daughter is ar [more]RW Yesterday
transfer from a Jet2 from LBA flight to a ryanair to PMO flight
How much time is required to make this connection com [more]AJ 10/27/2019
Meeting - best place to meet?
Meeting Someone coming in on Alitalia AZ 621 arriving [more]rc14306 10/25/2019
Connection in rome
Arriving in Rome on delta 62 and connecting to Alital [more]Vn 09/04/2019
Rome Leonardo da Vinci Airport Overview
Rome Airport FCO - better known as 'Fiumicino Airport', is Italy's largest Airport and is one of two major Airports serving the 'Eternal City' of Rome and its surroundings (the other is Ciampino). Both airports are managed by Aeroporti di Roma (ADA).
- Rome Airport Awards
- 94% customer satisfaction rating
- 2016 - 1st European Hub for Service Quality
- 2017 - Best Airport for Passenger Satisfaction
Rome Airport Facts & Stats
FCO Airport is located 32 km southwest of Rome, and is accessible via A91 Roma-Fiumicino, a 6-lane motorway. It can easily be reached from Rome's surrounding ring road, taking the Fiumicino (A12) exit and following signs guiding to the Airport. The G.R.A. urban motorway to the Roma Fiumicino motorway takes you directly to the airport.
The Kiss&Go area - a controlled traffic zone (ZTC) - is for drivers headed for Terminals 1, 2 3 - allowing for a 15-min. stop in that area - while the Stop&Go area - a limited traffic zone (ZTL) - is only for authorized operators.
With five long runways and over 42 million passengers annually, Leonardo da Vinci Airport is hub to Alitalia, Air Alps, Blu-Express & EasyJet, and is served by a myriad of international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- Hilton Airport Hotel (tel. +39 (0)6 65258) is connected to the passenger terminals and the train station by a skybridge
Leonardo da Vinci Airport has four passenger terminals - T1, T2, T3 & T5. For terminal details, please refer to 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the extensive text.
Airport Recent News
It is planned to expand the Airport by 2021 to increase passenger capacity to over 50M annually, half of them will use available public transport from a new Ground Transportation Center. The project expands the aircraft apron and current passenger terminals, building a new runway, new taxiway system, increasing environmental upgrades (renewable sources for electricity, thermal power, reduction of emissions), and construct & install a new building complex, car parks, services & facilities:
Boarding area changes:
- Boarding Area A: The new pier at eastern end of terminals is to have two levels & a mezzanine for passengers, 14 gates with loading bridges & 10 remote gates. It will be connected to Terminal 1 by elevated passage leading to an extension of T1's front portion.
- Boarding Area E: Terminal 3's new front portion will have 8 boarding gates at apron level, Boarding area E, and house on the upper level the service areas & VIP lounges.
- Boarding Area F - replacing former Pier C - will host 14 boarding gates with loading bridges (some for Classes E & F aircraft). Access will be by aerial link with the front portion of T3. At apron level, a new BHS/HBS system is to be installed.
- New Boarding Area J, directly connected to new T4, will have the new BHS system on the apron level and 11 gates with loading bridges on the upper level. Its 9 boarding gates will have direct access from T4.
Multimodal Transport system: For more information open www.romaintermodale.it.
Via del Aeroporto di Fiumicino 320
Fiumicino, 00050 ITA
Contact: [email protected]
Phone: +39 06 65951