ITH Airport is only four miles northeast of Ithaca, just off of NYS Route 13. (Cornell University is a short ten-minute drive from the airport and downtown Ithaca, while the Ithaca College connection takes only fifteen-minutes.)
- Since October 2016 Ithaca Airport is now primary Soutern Tier regional hub for American Airlines, which discontinued its flights to Elmira & Binghamton, and instead started to serve Philadelphia PHX, an international hub - thereby offering Ithaca passengers a great choice of connecting flights.
- During October & November 2017 United airlines adds 6 new US hub destinations (see 'Current airlines serving the terminal' below).
- In March 2017 TSA introduced the latest checkpoint screening technology equipment (AIAT) for improved passenger screening.
- In August 2017 the Airport received a grant of $289,216 from the US Dept. of Transportation - to upgrade its facility (rehabilitation of airport apron, and installation of new apron flood lighting & perimeter fencing).
With an estimated 234K passengers a year, Ithaca Tompkins Regional is served by major airlines, offering direct flight to Detroit, Philadelphia & New York's EWR, with global connections.
The passenger terminal at Ithaca Tompkins Regional - with airline gates 1 through 6 - offers a restaurant and cafe; conference room, lounge; free Wi-Fi access; and rental car desks. Roaming Airport Ambassadors provide assistance and guidance to passengers - they are identifiable by a blue shirts and jackets. WiFi access is free inside the terminal. A conference room can be reserved by contacting the Second Landing Cafe (tel. 266-0007).
The terminal opens 4am and closed with the last arriving flight - usually around midnight.
If you lost an item at the airport, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current airlines serving the terminal:
- Delta - to Detroit DTW (tel. 1-800-21-1212),
- American (Philadelphia PHL (tel. 1-800-428-4322)
- United (tel. 800-864-8331) upcoming flights Oct/Nov 2017:
Oct. 5 to San Francisco SFO; Oct. 20 to Newark EWR;
Nov. 8 to Denver DEN; Nov. 8 to Los Angeles LAX; Nov. 15 to Orlando MCO; Nov. 22 to Ft. Lauderdale FLL.
Transportation: Other than by taxis, the Airport is also served Mon-Fri by TCAT bus Route 32 to Cornell Univeristy and to downtown Ithaca /Ithaca Commons. Route 72 handles weekend service for the same area.