Swiss International Air Lines Guide
Embark on a journey with Swiss International Air Lines, the flag carrier of Switzerland, as we delve into its operations, services, and history. This guide provides a comprehensive overview of the airline, including its flight status and tracking, destinations, aircraft fleet, partners and alliances, gateway hubs, baggage rules, pet policy, and customer service. Let's explore the world of air travel with Swiss International Air Lines. For more information about other major passenger airlines, check out the Airline Guide on iFly.com.
Swiss International Air Lines, a subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group and a member of the Star Alliance, operates from its primary bases at Zurich, Geneva, and Basel-Mulhouse Airports. With a network spanning over 100 destinations worldwide, the airline is a key player in global aviation. For a detailed company overview, click on the link.
Flight Status & Tracking
Stay updated with your Swiss International Air Lines flight status through their website, mobile app, or airport FID screens. This airline also offers real-time flight tracking using GPS, radar, and satellite communication.
Check Swiss International Flight Status to get current departure, arrival, or delay status of any flight, including flight tracker on a map.
Find more help here for your journey through the airport
Explore the diverse and modern aircraft fleet of the airline, known for its commitment to passenger comfort and safety. Learn about the different types of aircraft in their fleet and their future plans.
Partners & Alliances
As a member of the Star Alliance, the airline leverages partnerships and alliances to enhance its global presence and provide seamless service to passengers. Learn more about these strategic partners & alliances.
Discover the world of Swiss International Air Lines' hub system, a well-structured network that offers efficient connections and operations. Based in Zurich, Switzerland, this hub system utilizes the state-of-the-art facilities of Zurich Airport, providing passengers with modern terminals, efficient baggage handling, and a wide range of amenities. The airline's hub system, established in 2002, connects Switzerland to over 100 destinations in more than 40 countries, ensuring seamless connections, efficient transfers, and high-quality service. Learn more about the history and benefits of SWISS's gateway hubs today.
Flights & Destinations
Whether you're planning a beach getaway, a city break, or a mountain adventure, the airline has you covered with a wide range of destinations. Find helpful information on the booking process and tips for securing the best deals here.
Are you planning to fly with Swiss International Air Lines? It's essential to familiarize yourself with the airline's baggage rules, limits, and fees to ensure a smooth and hassle-free journey. From carry-on and checked baggage allowances to extra, oversized, and special items, this article provides a comprehensive overview of what you need to know. You'll also find information on the specific rules for Swiss International Air Lines' frequent flyer program members and tips on how to avoid issues when traveling internationally. Check out the full baggage info to ensure a stress-free travel experience.
The airline has a pet-friendly policy that ensures a safe and comfortable journey for your furry companions. However, certain restrictions apply. For more information, click traveling with pets.
Founded in 2002, the airline has carried forward the legacy of one of Europe's oldest and most reputable airlines. Explore the detailed airline history to learn more.
Quick Facts About Swiss International Air Lines
- Swiss International Air Lines is the flag carrier of Switzerland, headquartered in EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg near Basel, Switzerland.
- It was founded on March 31, 2002, following the bankruptcy of Swissair, Switzerland's former flag carrier.
- Swiss is a member of the Star Alliance and is a subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group.
- The airline operates scheduled services to Europe, North America, South America, Africa, and Asia.
- Swiss International Air Lines has a fleet size of 90 aircraft, mainly consisting of Airbus A220, A320, and A330, as well as Boeing 777.
- Its frequent flyer program is called "Miles & More", which is shared with several other airlines in the Lufthansa Group.
- Swiss International Air Lines offers three classes of service: Economy, Business, and First Class.
- The airline is known for its high-quality service and has won several awards, including the World's Best First Class Lounge Dining by Skytrax in 2019.
- Swiss International Air Lines has codeshare agreements with more than 20 airlines, expanding its network to many more destinations.
- Its main hub is Zurich Airport, with Geneva Airport serving as a focus city.
The airline is committed to providing top-notch customer service and support. For more detailed information, visit the contact info page.