Evansville Regional Airport is a public airport in Vanderburgh County, United States. It is owned and operated by the Evansville-Vanderburgh Airport Authority District.
EVV airport is located 3 miles north of Evansville, in Vanderburgh County, Indiana, United States. The airport covers an area of 1,250 acres (506 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- For 2017-2021, The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems calls it a non-hub primary service airport.
- On September 28, 2020, Evansville Regional Airport was the first Indiana Airport to achieve global health accreditation.
- EVV Airport’s solar parking canopy project is the Midwest's largest airport solar canopy in size at 1.3 megawatts.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Passengers are advised to arrive at least 2 hours before their scheduled departure time to account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
- To ensure a smooth check-in process, passengers should pack carry-on luggage in a suitable manner, have photo ID ready, and read all the airline guidelines properly prior to arriving at the airport.
- No unattended baggage will be allowed inside the terminal building. You must keep your bags with you at all times.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, please have a look at the EVV Airport map.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- Passengers can be dropped-off outside the terminal. Remember parking is not allowed in front of the terminal building and unattended vehicles will be ticketed or towed.
- For picking up travelers, visitors can wait in the Cell Phone Green Curb waiting area, located south of the terminal building. Also, they can use the 4 hour free parking available in the covered and economy parking lots.
- For arriving flights: Arrival flight status provides the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Evansville Airport.
- For departing flights: Departing flight status lists scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- To get the best fares, book a flight at EVV here.
Evansville Regional Airport has one main terminal. There are two concourses - Concourse A and Concourse B.
Concourse A has three jet bridges and one hardstand gate. Delta and United operate out of this concourse, gates A1-A4.
Concourse B has two jet bridges and six hardstand gates, and each has vending machines, restrooms and drinking fountains. Allegiant and American operate out of this concourse, gates B1-B6.
For more information, and to see the terminal location, please refer to the EVV Terminal Map.
The various airlines served at Evansville Airport include Allegiant Air, American Air, United Express, and Delta Connection.
Evansville Regional Airport offers affordable parking options in the economy lot, conveniently close to the terminal.
First 4 Hours: Free
Each Additional Hour: $1
Maximum Daily Rate: $8
Maximum Weekly Rate (for 5, 6, or 7 days): $40
Solar Covered Lot
The solar covered lot is also a convenient parking option close to the terminal.
First 4 Hours: Free
Each Additional Hour: $2
Maximum Daily Rate: $16
Maximum Weekly Rate (for 5, 6, or 7 days): $80
From rental cars to limos to buses, and more, passengers have a variety of ground transportation options after arriving at the airport. Additionally, many passengers also opt for ride services such as Taxis, Uber, and Lyft.
Rental Cars are one of the best options to travel from EVV. Some of the well-known providers for car rentals include Alamo, Enterprise, Hertz, Budget, plus more.
Limo & Taxis
Passengers can travel via taxis or limos and choose according to their requirements and convenience.
Buses & Trains
Public Transportation is one of the most economical options for traveling to all major nearby locations. Personal Assistant Service & Transportation (PAST) operates at EVV.
Amenities & Services
For visitors to have a great stay, Evansville Regional Airport provides plenty of amenities and services including:
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Vending machines, and banks/ATMs.
Address: 7801 Bussing Dr, Evansville, IN 47725, USA
Phone: (812) 421 4401
Evansville Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- The airport was built in 1928.
- In 1928, Capital Air Corporation started passenger flights through Evansville.
- On December 16, 1930, the first Evansville Airport Manager, Werner J. Genot, took charge.
- In 1950 a new terminal opened at a cost of $787,000.
- In September 1964, the first jet at the Evansville airport was landed.
- In 1988, the original terminal was replaced with the new William H. Dress Terminal, designed by Hafer Associates.
- In the 2010s, the airport began to see passenger growth.
- In January 2012, the airport announced the adding of four new jet bridges.
- On January 17, 2013, a subsequent ribbon cutting took place at the airport.
- On June 4, 2015, United Express began three daily flights.
- On June 2, 2016, Allegiant Air began flights to Orlando/Sanford, operating two weekly flights on Sunday and Thursday.