Manchester Airport is an international airport at Ringway, Manchester, England, 7.5 nautical miles (13.9 km) south-west of Manchester city centre.
MAN airport covers an area of 560 hectares (1,400 acres). It is owned and managed by Manchester Airport Holdings.
Airport Stats & Facts
- In 2019, MAN was the third busiest airport in the United Kingdom in terms of passenger numbers and the busiest of those not serving London.
- The airport was initially known as Ringway Airport, and is still called this locally.
- Manchester Airport has flights to 199 destinations, placing the airport thirteenth globally for total destinations served.
- A £1 billion expansion will be completed in 2024.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Passengers are recommended to arrive at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- To ensure a hassle-free check-in process, passengers should pack carry-on luggage in a suitable manner, have photo ID ready, and read all the airline guidelines properly prior to arriving at the airport.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, please have a look at the MAN Airport map.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- Passengers can be dropped off directly outside the terminals and train station.
- Travelers can be picked-up in the arrivals car parks and multi-storey car parks.
- The Arrival flight status provides the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Manchester Airport.
- The Departing flight status lists scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- To get the best fares, book a flight at MAN here.
Manchester Airport has three passenger terminals - Terminal 1, 2, and 3.
The largest terminal at the airport, it’s used by airlines with scheduled and charter operations, flying to European and other worldwide destinations. This terminal has 2 Piers which combined have 29 stands, of which 15 have air bridges.
It is used by a variety of airlines, operating both charter and scheduled flights to many European and worldwide destinations. It has 16 gates.
Terminal 3 is linked to Terminal 1 and the skylink by a covered walkway. It is spread over an area of 44,400 m2 (478,000 sq ft).
For more information, please refer to the MAN terminal map here.
The various airlines served at Manchester Airport include easyJet, Ryanair, TUI Airways, Scandinavian Airlines, and many more.
View the full list of airlines served at MAN here.
Short Stay Parking
The short stay parking is ideal for when your trip is only for a few days. It is close to the terminal.
Starting from £63.00
Mid Stay Parking
If you're going away for up to a week, Mid Stay Airport parking is an easy and convenient option, as well as being great value for money. You can get to the terminal in just a three to ten minute walk.
Starting from £74.99
There are several different transport options for passengers to choose from when planning their trip from Manchester Airport to the destination of their choice.
Passengers can reach the Car Rental Village via a free bus transfer that departs from each terminal every 10 minutes. Choose among the great range of vehicles available at a competitive price.
Taxi Ranks are located just outside at all three Terminals and The Station. No booking is required, and passengers can go straight to the taxi rank.
Manchester Airport is well-served by a network of local and regional buses, running daily from early morning to late night. It is linked to the city centre by a 24-hour Stagecoach bus service.
Amenities & Services
For visitors to have a great stay, Manchester Airport provides plenty of amenities and services including:
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
Address: Manchester, M90 1QX, UK
Phone: 0808 168 6111
Manchester Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- Construction commenced on 28 November 1935 with the airport partially operational by June 1937, with full construction completed on 25 June 1938, in Ringway parish.
- 1963 saw the introduction of the first transatlantic flight to originate at Manchester.
- In 1971, The airport reached a milestone of handling over 2 million passengers in one year.
- Manchester Airport saw rapid growth and expansion during the 80's & 90's which shaped the airport for the coming decades.
- During the early 2000's British Airways scaled down operations from Manchester Airport with the sale of their BA Connect subsidiary to Flybe and the ending of their franchise agreement with GB Airways, a business subsequently sold to EasyJet.
- In 2013, Manchester Airport celebrated its 75th Anniversary. It also saw the completion and opening of the newly constructed air traffic control tower.
- In 2014, the Manchester Airport Metrolink route launched as part of the route expansion plans of the Manchester Metrolink tramway.
- In 2019, The first phase of the new Terminal 2 extension was completed with Pier 1 opening on April 1st 2019.
Q: What’s the earliest time I can check in at Manchester Airport?
A: This can vary depending on your type of flight, so please contact your airline directly for this information.
Q: Are trolleys provided at Manchester Airport?
A: Yes, trolleys are available at MAN and cost £1, or a €2 coin.
Q: Does Manchester Airport have cash machines?
A: Yes, cash machines are available in every terminal, offering GBP, Euros and US Dollars.
Q: Are there any shower facilities at MAN?
A: No. Manchester Airport does not currently offer shower facilities. However, the Radisson Blu Hotel at Manchester Airport, located in Terminal 2, offers a shower and change service.