Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure at the Piedmont Triad International airport consists of one main terminal with two levels which house all airport facilities and terminal gates.
The lower Arrival level consists of baggage claim and ground transportation options. There are two baggage claim carousels towards the far west of the level with baggage claim offices for United and Delta on either side. The other two baggage claim carousels are on the far east of the level with baggage claim offices for Spirit and American airlines on either side. Between these carousels, you will find a chapel, payphone, vending machines, a conference room, and a taxi stand. There is an ATM at the center. Across the baggage claim carousels towards the entrance, there are car rental options, coin machines, and a visitor information center. Outside there are dog walks and pet relief areas on either side of the terminal.
The upper Departure level consists of ticketing counters and two security checkpoints providing access to the terminal departure gates labeled Gate 20 - Gate 51. From left to right, the ticket counters are served by United, Delta, Allegiant, Spirit, Charters, and American airlines. In between, there are dining options, a bar, an executive center, and restrooms. In the gate areas you will find a lactation suite at Gate 22 and 45, a family restroom at Gate 46, shoeshine at Gate 25 and 45, and restrooms throughout. Other services include an ATM, payphones, a visitor greeting area and information center, and FedEx.
To get better oriented, see the Piedmont Triad International Airport Main Terminal Map (GSO Map).
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around GSO airport. On the upper Departure level, there are dine-in options and bars in between the ticketing counters. At Gate 46 in the right-wing, there are more dine-in options and bars, along with gift shops.
The security checkpoints at GSO airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the concourses and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Piedmont Triad International Airport Security Wait Times Page.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- There are shuttle services available at the airport connecting the concourses and the main terminal.
- Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time.
- Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport.
- Keep your identification documents and other items of need in a small carry-on bag.
- Check with your respective airlines for the baggage limit and other related rules.
- Keep your luggage and personal items prepared for the TSA security checkpoints.
- When traveling with kids, keep items to keep them busy and engaged such as games, laptops, books, snacks, or others depending on their interest.
- Keep an itinerary at home for your family and friends to be able to reach you in case of any emergencies.