Shreveport Regional Airport is a public-use airport in Shreveport, Louisiana, United States. It is owned by the City of Shreveport.
SHV airport is located four nautical miles (7 km) southwest of its central business district. SHV covers an area of 1,625 acres (658 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems, Shreveport Regional Airport is a primary commercial service airport.
- Also, The FAA classifies Shreveport Regional Airport as a "Small Hub" airport.
- For the 2018 calendar year, Shreveport Regional Airport ranked just under Mobile Regional Airport (Mobile, Alabama) and Augusta Regional Airport (Augusta, Georgia) and just above Grand Canyon National Park Airport (Grand Canyon, Arizona) and Aspen-Pitkin County Airport (Aspen, Colorado) in total enplanements.
Airport Traveling Tips
- To account for any possible delays, show up at least 2 hours early for the scheduled flight departure.
- Don’t forget to print your boarding pass the night before and contact your airline with any questions or concerns. Also, visit the SHV Airport map before heading to the airport.
- In order to travel hassle-free, all passengers 18 years of age and older must show valid identification at authorized checkpoints.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- Passengers can be picked up and dropped off at the curbside.
- However, you cannot park a car curbside for more than a few moments to drop off or pick up a customer.
- For arriving flights: Arrival flight status provides the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Shreveport Regional Airport.
- For departing flights: At Departing flight status you can have a look at the scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- For the best deals, book a flight at SHV.
The Shreveport Regional Airport Terminal has an upper level and a lower level.
The upper level of the airport terminal houses Delta, American, Allegiant, and United Airlines. It also has a restaurant & bar.
Baggage claim, ticket counters, vehicle drop-off, etc. are on the lower level of the airport terminal.
For more information, please refer to the SHV terminal map here.
The Shreveport Regional Airport is served by four airlines - Allegiant Airlines, American Airlines, United Airlines, and Delta Air Lines to seven major destinations.
Standard Parking operates the paid parking lots at Shreveport Regional Airport. Travelers to Shreveport Regional can choose three different levels of parking, depending upon their needs. Each of the lots is located within a short walking distance of the airport terminal in well lit and secure areas.
Short Term Parking
$1 + tax per 20 minutes
$10 + tax per day
Long Term Parking
$1 + tax per 20 minutes
$9 + tax per day
$1 + tax per 15 minutes
$12 + tax per day
To travel from SHV Airport, passengers have a variety of options including public and private for ground transportation after arriving at the airport.
Six on-site rental car companies operate at Shreveport Regional Airport. Each company has a rental counter located on the lower level of the terminal building. Rental cars in a lot adjacent to the southern end of the airport terminal, requiring only a short walk for customers to reach them.
Limos & Taxis
Some of the renowned limos & taxi companies at SHV airport include 222-TAXI, Shreveport Limousine, and more.
Sportran is the public bus transportation system for Shreveport-Bossier City. It offers multiple bus lines that connect at Shreveport Regional Airport. From the airport, you can get to anywhere Sportran serves.
Amenities & Services
Shreveport Regional Airport provides plenty of amenities and services for visitors to have a great time at the airport.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Vending machines, and banks/ATMs.
Address: 5103 Hollywood Ave, Shreveport, LA 71109-7766, USA
Phone: (318) 673 5370 /fax 5377
Shreveport Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- Historically, Shreveport was served by a number of airlines operating mainline jet service.
- Delta Air Lines was a major player at the airport for many years as Shreveport was a "focus city" and mini-hub for this air carrier.
- In 1971, a 160,000-square-foot terminal with two new concourses, an administration building, and connector bridges with adjacent parking was added.
- At that time, the name of the airport was changed to Shreveport Regional Airport.
- In 1998, the ground was broken on a $30 million expansion/renovation project at Shreveport Regional.
- In the nearly 20 years since the terminal building opened, the Shreveport Airport Authority has continued to make changes to improve passenger service for the ever-changing travel industry.
- The 2000s and early 2010s saw airlines consolidate, like TWA with American Airlines, Northwest Airlines with Delta Air Lines, and Continental Airlines with United Airlines.
- In May 2018, Western Global Airlines announced they would be opening a maintenance base at Shreveport Regional Airport for their fleet of wide-body aircraft.
- In 2018, due to increased passenger numbers, the airport consolidated the two individual security checkpoints into a single location in the main atrium area.
- Today, many of the original features of the Greater Municipal Airport can still be seen. TAC-Air, the airport’s fixed-base operator, has completely renovated the terminal built in 1951 and continues to operate in that facility.