Southwest Georgia Regional Airport is a public airport 4 miles southwest of Albany, in Dougherty County, Georgia, in the United States.
ABY airport covers 980 acres (397 ha). ABY is owned by the City of Albany.
Airport Stats & Facts
- The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems categorized it as a primary commercial service airport.
- ABY is the closest airport to Darton and LaGrange Colleges, as well as the Marine Corps Logistics Base.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Passengers are recommended to arrive at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- To ensure a hassle-free check-in process, passengers should pack carry-on luggage in a suitable manner, have photo ID ready, and read all the airline guidelines properly prior to arriving at the airport.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, please have a look at the ABY Airport map.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- Passengers can be dropped off outside the terminal, and remember no stopping or unattended vehicles are allowed.
- Also, when picking up or dropping off passengers you can use the public parking lot, where the first one hour is free.
- For arriving flights: Arrival flight status provides the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Southwest Georgia Airport.
- For departing flights: Departing flight status lists scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- To get the best fares, book a flight at ABY here.
Southwest Georgia Regional Airport has one main terminal. It consists of check-in areas, help desks, restrooms, etc.
There is only one airline - Delta Connection, served at Albany Airport.
Short-Term Parking is a convenient parking option at ABY Airport.
0-60 Minutes - Free
Each additional hour - $3
Daily Maximum - $12
In the long-term parking also, the first hour is free.
Each additional hour - $2
Daily Maximum - $8.00
Lost Ticket Fee - $150
For ground transportation, passengers can choose between car rentals and taxis after arriving at Southwest Georgia Regional Airport.
There are many car rental providers available at the airport including Avis, Budget, Hertz, and more.
The different taxi can service providers at ABY include Albany Quality Cab Company, Friendly Cab Company, and Albany Veteran Cab Company.
Amenities & Services
For visitors to have a great stay, Albany Airport provides plenty of amenities and services including:
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Vending machines, and banks/ATMs.
Address: 3905 Newton Rd, Albany, GA 31701, USA
Phone: (229) 430-5175
Southwest Georgia Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- Albany Airport was opened in 1935.
- In 1940 the United States Army Air Corps established civil pilot training schools at airports in the southeast, with its moderate weather.
- In September 1945 control of the airfield was turned over to the City of Albany, and Eastern resumed service in 1945.
- In 1959 a new terminal building was completed and named in honor of Mayor Bill McAfee, who died recently.
- In the year ending July 30, 2011, the airport had 34,980 aircraft operations, an average 95 per day.