Syracuse International Airport is a joint civil-military airport. It is operated by the Syracuse Regional Airport Authority, a New York public benefit corporation with an 11 member board.
SYR airport is 5 miles northeast of downtown Syracuse, in Onondaga County, New York. The airport has two runways and covers an area of 2,000 acres (809 ha) at an elevation of 421 feet (128 m).
Airport Stats & Facts
- Syracuse airport is Central New York’s gateway to the world.
- SYR provides nonstop service to 24 cities.
- In 2012-13, the airport received the Balchen/Post Award for Excellence in the Performance of Snow and Ice Control eight times.
- In 2019, the airport served more than 2 million passengers.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) recommends that passengers arrive at least 2 hours prior to their scheduled departure time, and to account for any possible delays.
- Passengers should make sure to carry valid identification documents to pass the screening process without any hassles.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, please visit the SYR Airport map.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- For pick up, if you have to wait for your passengers, you can use the Cell Phone Lot that is free. To locate it, turn right at the traffic light and follow the signs for the Observation Area/Cell Phone Lot.
- Do not leave your vehicles unattended as they can be subject to ticketing.
- Dropping off and picking can also be done along the curb line, but here the vehicles are not allowed to stand and wait.
- Taxis pick up and drop-off locations are located on both ends of the terminal, just outside the baggage claim areas.
- For arriving flights: Arrival flight status provides the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Syracuse Airport.
- For departing flights: Departing flight status lists scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- To get the best fares, book a flight at SYR here.
Syracuse Hancock Airport has two terminals that can be accessed through the centralized passenger screening checkpoint. For more information, and to see the terminal locations, please refer to the SYR Terminal Map.
The airline ticket counter and baggage carousel C and D are on the first floor of Terminal A. It has Gates 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8-12, 14, and 15.
Baggage carousel A and B, and airline ticket counters on Terminal B are also on the first floor. It has Gates 20-27.
Syracuse Airport serves various airlines including Frontier Airlines, Delta Connection, Delta Air Lines, American Eagle, United Express, plus more.
Here you can view the full list of airlines served at SYR Airport.
There is ample parking space at Syracuse Hancock International Airport.
Short-Term & Long Term
The garage and open lot are available for both short- and long-term parking.
Parking Garage Rates: Up to 1 hour - $5, 1-3 Hours - $7, 3-6 Hours - $9, 6-24 Hours - $14, 2 Days - $28.
Open Lots Rates: Up to 1 Hour - $4, 1-3 Hours - $6, 3-6 Hours - $8, 6-24 Hours - $12, 2 Days - $24.
Monthly parking permits are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and will have use of the parking garage or open lot only when available.
Rate: $225 (with 6 month contract)
Passengers have myriad options for ground transportation after arriving at the airport. From public to private, they can choose the mode of transport as per their convenience and requirements.
The rental car agency offices are located on the first level, center terminal, pre-security checkpoint. Some of the well-known providers for car rentals include Alamo, Enterprise, Hertz, Budget, etc. Passengers can make a reservation for rental cars on the arrival or in advance.
Ridesharing & Taxis
If you want to opt for Lyft or Uber, app-based ridesharing is available at SYR Airport. The pickups for the same are located in the overflow parking lot outside of the Terminal B baggage claim. In addition to this, Taxi services are also available on both ends of the terminal.
For public transportation, just take a taxi or hail a ridesharing service from the airport to the Regional Transportation Center to connect to a bus. Always, Trailways offer services from the airport. You can find the Trailways bus outside Terminal A.
Amenities & Services
Travelers can have a great stay at the airport as Syracuse Airport provides plenty of amenities and services including:
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Vending machines, and banks/ATMs.
Address: 1000 Col. Eileen Collins Blvd., Syracuse, NY 13212, USA
Phone: (315) 454 4330
Syracuse Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- On September 17, 1949, the Clarence E. Hancock Airport was opened to the public.
- The first airlines at the airport were American, Buffalo, Colonial, and Robinson Airlines.
- On May 15, 2013, the airport opened the new security area to passengers.
- In 2018, Low-Cost Carrier Frontier Airlines announced new low fare, non-stop flights from Syracuse International Airport.
- On July 6, 2018, a charter flight on a United Airlines Boeing 747-400 visited SYR from Alexandria.
- In October 2018, the last international flight that took off was bound for Toronto.
- On November 1, 2018, $62 Million renovation efforts were completed on Syracuse's terminal.