trousseau of keys found and registered it under 457031...on 18/01
but I still haven't received it but my payment of 37€ [more]dominois claude 02/08/2019
Time between gates
There will be 4 of us arriving (2 are in their 80;s a [more]Pete 02/07/2019
travelling bhx to ams to ath on 17th. how long betwee [more]mb 12/10/2018
Has anyone else had a great experience with the fabul [more]Andy 12/04/2018
Schiphol was voted time and again by British business travelers as being the 'Best European Airport', and it ranks among the top three airports worldwide. It also has received a few awards for its innovative South Baggage Hall Two. And to top off its accolades, the Executive Travel Magazine just bestowed upon it the 'Leading Edge Award' as best international airport for quality, leadership, customer orientation & vision.
To contact the Airport within The Netherlands, call 0900-0141.
AMS Airport is located in the municipality of Haarlemmermeer - 9 km southwest of the capital city of Amsterdam. The A-4 motorway, at the Schiphol exit, will lead you via large 'Departures' or 'Arrivals' signs to the Airport complex.
With six long runways and 63.6 passengers in 2016, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is served by numerous airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe and by charters.
- Passengers flying with BMIbaby, Flybe, EasyJet, Jet-2 or Air Berlin most likely depart from Gates H or M - check your boarding pass. Once the flight info screens indicate 'boarding' (40 mins prior to departure), you can proceed to your gate. Note that the pier (Concourse) has no restaurants, bars or shops.
- Premium or Privium card holders (flying Blue Platinum, Gold & Silver; SkyTeam Elite Plus/Elite & Business-Class; Business-Class & Premium of all other airlines & Primium): Use the new Premium passageway between carpark P2 and Corridor BS (when departing from Piers B & C) - open 6am-10pm - saving you considerable time!
- Transfer desk locations: Follow the Transfer Desk signs. All Skyteam member airline transfer desks are at Terminals 2, 4 or 6 - all others are at Terminals 3, 5 or 9. KLM passengers may also use the self-service machines with on-screen instructions.
On-Airport Hotels: Since Schiphol Airport considers itself a small city, it also has five on-site hotels:
- Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel - a 5-star hotel with direct access to Arrival and Departure Halls;
- New Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol housing 433 rooms, 23 conference rooms, & ballroom opened in Dec. 2015 (tel: +31-20-710-4000 /fax 4080. A covered walkway connects it directly to the passenger terminal;
- Mercure Schiphol - a 3-star hotel, is in Lounge 3;
- CitizenM Amsterdam Airport - directly connected to airport terminals and train station;
- Yotel Schiphol -perfect to freshen up and rest between flights - at Departure Lounge 2, near Pier D.
The new Rental Car Center is at Schiphol Plaza, with rental car desks for Avis/Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz & Sixt.
Schiphol Airport has one large passenger terminal with six 'piers' /concourses. For Terminal details at this site open ‘Terminal Map’ and scroll down to the text; for ground transportation open ‘Ground Transportation: /Buses & Trains.
Present and future Airport developments:
- A Temporary Departure Hall with six lanes was opened April 2017 due to strong Schengen passenger growth (the lanes also include a priority waiting area for Privium members. Note that the pedestrian bridge from P2 is closed.)
- Ongoing preparatory work for a new Terminal and Pier includes modification of drop-off road, expansion of parking facilities and demolition of the unused Cargo Center.
- Construction of a new terminal and pier: The new terminal - to be located south Schiphol Plaza (next to the Control Tower) is to be connected to the current terminal, and is to accommodate 14M passengers annually. It will also provide a new flexible pier & additional gates for wide-bodied aircraft. Terminal completion is scheduled for 2023; Pier completion is set for 2019.
- With the development of a new pier and terminal, the infrastructure of access roads and parking facilities will need to be modified drastically. To obtain improved accessibility, investments are made in the public transport hub, Schiphol Plaza and the Jan Dellaertplein - and include the renovation and expansion of the train & bus stations, a new parking garage and expansion of the drop-off roads.
NOTE: To relieve Schiphol Airport's congested air traffic - the Lelystad Airport expansion is to turn it into a center for charter & budget airlines.
Phone: +31 207940800 or 0900-0141