Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
Good morning I will be arriving in Bangkok from Phuk [more]Margaret 02/11/2018
Connection at Bangkok airport.
HKG arriving 12:40am and BKK leaving 3:00 am on 24 th [more]Sandy Panthaky 11/27/2017
what terminal or concourse does Thai Airways use international to KUL?
I have this Priority Pass for lounges and am trying t [more]LHH 08/14/2017
Arriving Thai Airways from Bali, connecting to NRT
Hello! I'm arriving on Thai Airways from Bali to BKK. [more]FlyCdn77 08/27/2013
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport ( BKK ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
International Arrivals: You will need your passport and Immigration Card TM6. After getting of the plane, show passport and TM6 card at Immigration Counter; then wait at baggage claim 6-23 for your arriving bags; with bags in tow, pass through customs control (with nearby Information counter) and (if not transferring to another flight) proceed to Arrivals Hall, level 2, which serves as 'Meeting Point' and use either Exit B or C.
International Departures: With new international checkpoints recently installed, passengers need, after check-in procedures, go up to the Mezzanine level, passing body scanning & thereafter passport check, prior to boarding. With both checkpoints are in service, 7200 passengers can be processed an hour.
Passengers transferring to domestic or international flights: If your time allows, you can avail yourself of the Day Room, Spa & Massage, Barber Salon, Area Tour or shops & restaurants in the terminal. Note that all Star Alliance airlines and Bangkok Airways PB Air are located on the east side concourses, while all other airlines are located on the west side concourses:
Transferring from an International to a Domestic flight: (if you have no boarding pass, go after disembarkation, to Level 2's and to theTransfer Checkin Counter):
- If you need to connect to either Chiangrai, Chiangmai, Phuket, Hatyai, Samui or Krabi - you need to go through Passport Check at Immigration Counter in the concourse C area of Level 2, go through Customs Check, pass through Xray- machine, and wait for boarding in holdrooms of concourses A. If you have a boarding pass, skip the Transfer Checkin Counter.
- If you need to connect to other provinces or you need to unload your luggage in Bangkok, go to the passport control on Level 2 Concourse area D, then pick up your baggage at the baggage claim, go to Level 4 (Domestic) ticket checkin, then pass through X-Ray machine & proceed to boarding hold rooms in Concourse A.
Transferring from an International to another International flight: After disembarkation, go to Level 2 (and to the Transfer Checkin Counter if you have no boarding pass); go through security checkpoint on either levels 2 or 3, and proceed to the hold rooms in Concourses D, D, E, F or G.
Automatic Self Check-in system (CUSS) to reduce check-in time is available in the Departure Passenger Lobby, level 4, Rows B-C, H, N, P & W; at Concourse D - West-side transfer cutoff - for passengers of the following airlines: Air France, Austrian, British, Cathay Pacific, Delta, Kenya Aiways, KLM Royal Dutch, Lufthansa, Thai Airways, & Transaero. Use one of three options: passport, ticket number, or frequent flyer number.
Obtaining a Visa: Level 2 has two 'Visa On Arrival' areas in the International concourse level.
Information counter locations*:
- in the Main Terminal, at Departure Hall, level 4 near gates 3 and 5-6;
- in the Arrival Hall on level 2 at gates 3-4 and 7-8';
- in the concourse buildings: between Concourse A & B, level 2;
- at Arrivals passenger hold rooms, and at the transfer counter on the eastside;
- between Concourses E, F & G, on level 2 in the Arrival passenger hold room;
- on Concourse D, level 2, of the Arrival passenger hold room, and
- on level 4 of the Departure passenger hold room, on both east & west sides.
* NOTE: Automatic information kiosks are in the Departure Hall (including the immigration booths area), which will give directions & time for holders of boarding passes to proceed to their gates.
TERMINAL LAYOUT & TERMINAL DETAILS: Note: In August 2016 contracts were signed for an accellerated expansion of the terminal, with a new concourse, parking bays and tunnel in the south side of the Airport, as well as the utility sysem setup and its oversight - all to be completed by November 2019.
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport has a huge main passenger terminal, flanked by concourses A/B through G - surrounding both Main Terminal & Parking Garage in the shape of an H. The Main Terminal houses houses two basement levels & seven above-ground levels. Each of levels 1 to 4 has access to the seven four-level Concourse Buildings A through G.
The terminal covers an area of over 6 million square feet, includes 130 passport control checkpoints; 26 customs-control checkpoints for arrivals, 8 for departures; 22 baggage conveyor belts; 360 check-in counters (with 100 additional counters for passengers without luggage); 107 moving walkways; 102 elevators, 83 escalators; 72 jet bridges & 69 non-jet bridges (18 Jet bridges & 6 non-jet bridges are specificallty for large aircraft) . Carriers can also park at remote locations on the ramp, where shuttle buses take passengers from or to the terminal.
The passenger terminal also boasts the 'World's fastest internet service - with 41.45 Mbps.
The basement level houses a currency exchange and the Airport Rail Link train station for trains to City (blue local, red express - the fastest & cheapest way to get mid-town), and
Level 1 offers bus, van & taxi service;
Level 2 is for Domestic & International Arrivals - on opposite sides, with Federal inspecton & customs clearance, health inspection, VISA counter, baggage claim belts 1-23, information counters, currency exchanges, and left luggage.
Level 3 with shops & restaurants, also houses lounges, CIP rooms; prayer rooms, currency exchange and other services.
Level 4 is for Domestic & International Departures and houses Thai Airways premium passenger service, airline check-in counters A - W, information counters, a host of services, & access to Concourses A - G after security check. (The Mezzanine Level - reached after check-in - houses international checkpoints.)
The 7-level Concourse Buildings A through G are arranged in a letter "H" format: While Concourses A serves domestic passengers; Concourse B serves international passengers beween 9:00pm & 4am; - Concourses C, D, E, F & G serve international passengers (except between 9pm - 4am, when they are served by Concourse B). At Main Terminal, past security check, is the boarding area, which has:
in the center access to Concourse D (with gates D1-8);
to the left access to Concourses C, B & A ( with gates C1-10, B1-6, and A1-6);
to the right access to Concourses E, F & G (with gates E1-10, F1-6 and G1-5).
As noted above - all Star Alliance airlines and Bangkok Airways PB Air are on the east side concourses, while all other airlines are located on the west side concourses.
Level 5 houses Thai Airways Company and Star Alliance offices;
Level 6 houses the Airport’s One-Stop Service Center; and
Level 7 has an observation deck.
Underground levels house the Airport Express Station, Airport Express Platform and the baggage conveyor system.
Services and Amenities inside the terminal complex include in alphabetical order: Airport baggage delivery, airline lounges, baggage service, baggage delivery, baggage wrapping, CIP Lounge, electric buggy service, free charger, internet cafe, Louis' Tavern CIP Lounge & Dayroom Hotel, Medical help and emergencies, Muslim Prayer Room, Mobile services, Oversized baggage claim, Priority Lane & services; Postal service, Sanghas Samaneras Lounge, self-service check-in, Vat refund, Visa on Arrival & Re-Entry Visa.
- Two Banking Facilities offer full-service banking and currency exchange: (a) Kasikornbank at level 2, Customs; Terminal 3, at level 3, East Side, level 6. (b) Siam Commercial Bank at level 2, level 3 gate 8, level 4 gate 10, level 6 West Coast. Western Union offers international money transfer.
- Transfer Passenger Lounges are available on level 3 of Concouses B & D, at west side, where comfortable adjustable armchairs are available in a soothing environment.
- Rest areas with a view are available on level 3 of Concourses C,E,F,G.
Airline & CIP Lounges:
1. Lounges of Thai Airways,, Bangkok Airways /Blue Ribbon, and Singapore Airline /Silver Kris:
(a) Domestic flights at Concourse A, level 2 of Thai Airways, tel. 02-134-5397, and Bangkok Airways /Blue Ribbon, tel. 02-134-3999, ext.1;
(b) International flights at Concouse A, level 3 of Bangkok Airways /Blue Ribbon, tel 02-134-3999 and Singapore Airlines /Silver Kris,tel. 02-134-1103
(c) International flights at Concourse C, level 3 and Concourse D, level 3 of Thai Airways /Royal Silk - tel. 02-134-5397
2. All other lounges:
- AirFrance KLM Pay-in Lounge accessible to all Skyteam economy class passengers at 1,000 baht or $30, payable at check-in area, near counter aisle P. It is located in the departures hall of level 3, & offers food & drink,a busines corner, shower facilities, and more.
- Oman Air Lounge with a capacity of 72 passengers is available to Oman Air's business class guests, and Silver & Gold-tier Sinbad frequent flyer members. It also serves as pay-in lounge.
- Thai Airways Lounges are located near Gates A1-A6 on level 2; and near C-1-C10, B1-B6, D1-D8, and E1-E10 on level 3.
- Emirates Lounges (and for a few other airlines) are located near gates F1-F6 and G1-G5. NOTE in April 2017 Emirates opened a new and larger lounge for up to 202 guests, accessible to all Emirates First Class & Business Class passengers, and to members of Platinum & Gold Skywards members. (It is not clear if both lounges are now in service, or the new lounge is a replacement.)
- The CIP Lounge has 5 rooms for up to 20-25 persons per room - opern 24/7 (tel. (66)0- 2134-6284 /fax 6285) located on level 3, wetern passengers lounge.
- The Royal Orchid Lounge at Concourse E West
- The new Qatar lounge is modeled after their Heathrow Airport lounge).
Important telephone numbers at Suvarnabhumi Airport:
- Call Center 0-2132-1888;
- CIP Rooms 0-2134-6284;
- Left Baggage Service 0-2134-7795-6;
- Limousine service 0-2134-2323-5;
- Lost Property Counter 0-2132-1880, 0-21321890;
- Lost/Found (other than in the baggage belt area): At Terminal level 4, between gates 5/6; at next to information counter; and at Full Service Center. Tel. 02-131-1890 / 02-132-1880
- Novotel Airport Hotel 0-2131-1111;
- Thai Airways International 0-2346-1111;
- Tourist Police 0-2135-1155, 0-2134-4070;
- Tourist Information Center: call 1672