Birmingham Airport BHX
Birmingham Airport is an international airport in the United Kingdom located 7 nautical miles east-southeast of Birmingham city centre in the Metropolitan Borough of Solihull. BHX airport, which also calls itself 'Midlands' Gateway to the World', is operated by Birmingham Airport Ltd.
Airport Stats & Facts
- Originally, Birmingham Airport was largely used for flight training and wartime production purposes.
- In 2017 over 12.9 million passengers traveled via BHX, making it the 7th busiest airport in the UK.
- In 2019, the airport served more than 12 million passengers.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Travelers are recommended to arrive 3 hours before an international flight departure, and 2 hours before a domestic flight.
- Packing properly will save you time and hassle when checking-in and going through security.
- Luggage services such as wrapping, weighing, and storage are available at Luggage Point, located in the North Terminal check-in area.
- Signposts outside the terminal building direct to check-in via Doors A, B or C depending on your airline.
- Before going to the airport to catch a flight, please have a look at the BHX Airport Map.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- Just a few metres from the terminal, the drop off car park is a few minutes’ walk to the main check-in desks, via a footpath.
- For those with lots of luggage, travelling with children, or who may have mobility issues, there is also a regular, wheelchair-friendly, and free bus service between the car park and the terminal, which picks-up from Car Park 5, across the road.
- For pickup, collect passengers from outside the terminal building. If you’re waiting for passengers then Car Parks 1, 2 and 3 are the most convenient. These are adjacent to the terminal and only a short walk from the Arrivals gate, making them easy to access for passengers and drivers.
- For arriving flights:At Arrival flight status you can find the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Birmingham Airport.
- For departing flights: Departing flight status lists scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- To get the best deals, book a flight at BHX here.
The current terminal complex at Birmingham Airport is divided into 2 terminals - Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, and are connected by the Millennium Link.
The Check in and the arrivals on Terminal 1 are located on the ground floor with security areas, shops, restaurants bars and gates located on the terminal's first floor.
It is also known as Eurohub. In the terminal, check-in desks and the Arrivals area are located on the ground floor with security areas and lounges located on the first floor.
To see the terminal locations, and for additional information, please have a look at BHX Terminal Map.
Birmingham Airport serves a myriad of airlines including TUI Airways, Jet2.com, easyJet, Emirates, Wizz Air, and more.
Here you can view the full list of airlines served at BHX Airport.
It is located next to Car Park 3, just a short walk from the main airport terminal. A sign for Valet Parking, at the entrance of the Valet Car Park, sits under the Air Rail Link running from the train station to the airport.
Car Park 1
Car Park 1 is a multi-storey car park, and is open 24 hours a day. It is a one minute walk from the check-in desks, making it one of the most convenient car parks.
Up to 1 hour - £5.70
Up to 2 hours - £11.40
Up to 3 hours - £17.10
Up to 4 hours - £22.80
Up to 24 hours - £44.00
Car Park 2 & 3
To arrive at Car Park 2 & 3, leave the M42 at Junction 6 and proceed along the A45, following the signs to the airport. On arrival at the airport follow the signs for Car Parks 2 & 3. The rates for this lot are the same as Car Park 1.
In addition to the above, there are many other parking options at BHX Airport including Car Park 4, Car Park 5, Coach Parking, etc.
From rental cars to limos to buses, and more, passengers have a variety of ground transportation options after arriving at BHX airport. Additionally, many passengers also opt for ride services such as Taxis, Uber, and Lyft.
There are various international car rental firms based at Birmingham Airport for collecting or returning hire cars. The car hire desks can be found in the Arrivals area.
Private Hire or Taxis
Arrow Cars is the official private hire company for Birmingham Airport, the only private hire company able to pick up and drop off on the terminal front. They’re located directly outside the terminal building. And, the official Black taxi supplier to Birmingham Airport, transporting passengers to any destination. Just pick up one of the Black taxis from outside the main terminal and one of their drivers will happily take you to your required destination.
Bus or Coach
Bus passengers can reach the Airport via two stops - Directly onsite at the Airport Terminal and At Birmingham International Interchange via Air-Rail link. There are three National Express WM bus services. Long distance coach services are operated by National Express and Megabus, with over 120 daily services to 35 main towns and cities across the UK.
Amenities & Services
For visitors to have a great stay, Birmingham Airport provides plenty of amenities and services including:
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Vending machines, and banks/ATMs.
Address: Airport Way, Solihull Borough, West Midlands, B26 3QJ, GBR
Phone: +44 (0)871 222 0072
Birmingham Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- In 1933, Birmingham City Council authorised the compulsory purchase of 300 acres of land for the use by the airport.
- On 8 July 1939, the Duchess of Kent, Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark, accompanied by the Prime Minister, Neville Chamberlain, officiated at the opening of Elmdon Airport.
- In 1961, an additional terminal building to handle the growing international traffic was opened.
- During November 2007, Birmingham Airport published a master plan for its development up to 2030.
- In 2011, it was decided the airport would drop the "International" from its official name to become Birmingham Airport.
- On 28 September 2016, £100 million of investment was allocated to a new baggage handling system.
Q: Is Birmingham Airport the same as BHX?
A: Yes. While the official name is Birmingham Airport, it is also referred to by its IATA code BHX.
Q: What cities can I fly from BHX?
A: You can fly to many cities from BHX Airport. Please have a look at our direct flights page to see where you can fly.
Q: Where do I report a lost item at Birmingham Airport?
A: All items lost in the terminal and on a number of airlines should be brought to Luggage-Point. Also, you can refer to lost & found here.
where to buy nembutal pentobarbital
where to buy nembutal online, nembutal pills for sale [more]kane walt 10/27/2020
REGISTERED IELTS CERTIFICATE Whats'App: +1 7204645871
BUY IELTS CERTIFICATE WITHOUT Exam| BUY ORIGINAL IELT [more]cave tor 10/10/2020
Get Quality Passports,Driver's License,ID (http://ausweiswebsite.net/)
We offer only original high-quality IDs and Passport [more]tawan 08/20/2020
Instant ielts band 7. 5 without test: +380-9542-31375)
stay home and save lives more.............................james will 08/14/2020