Hartford Bradley Airport is a civil and National Guard airport in Windsor Locks, Connecticut. BDL airport is about halfway between Hartford and Springfield.
The airport is owned and operated by the Connecticut Airport Authority. It covers an area of 2,432 acres (984 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- BDL Airport is Connecticut’s busiest commercial airport and the second-busiest airport in New England.
- In 2016, the airport launched its new brand, “Love the Journey.”
- In 2017, Bradley Airport was the 53rd-busiest airport in the United States, by passengers enplaned.
- For 2017-2021, the FAA National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems categorized BDL as a medium-hub primary commercial service facility.
- In 2017, Hartford CT Airport was named 5th-best airport in the United States by Condé Nast Traveler's Reader's Choice Awards.
- In 2019, the airport served more than 6 million passengers.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Bradley Airport is busiest during the morning hours between 4:00 am - 6:00 am.
- Passengers are advised to arrive 2 hours before a domestic flight and 3 hours before an international flight departure, to account for TSA security wait times, and any possible delays.
- Curbside check-in may be the fastest way to check luggage and receive a boarding pass for people with confirmed paper or electronic tickets.
- In order to facilitate the screening process, travelers should remove all metal objects prior to passing through the metal detectors.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, please have a look at the BDL Airport Map.
- For Arriving Flight Status: Arriving flight status provides Hartford Airport arrival times, delays, gate information, and time-to-land.
- For Departing Flight Status: Departing Flight Status provides scheduled vs actual departure times, map tracking, flight delays, and BDL gate information.
- To check flights and fares from Bradley Airport, search here.
Bradley Airport has one Terminal with 2 Concourses - East and West. For additional information, and to see the terminal location, please refer to the BDL Airport Map.
The East Concourse has Gates 1-12.
Gates 20-30 are on the West Concourse.
Hartford Airport serves various airlines including Southwest Airlines, JetBlue, Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection, United Airlines, and more.
Short-Term and Long-Term Parking
Parking at BDL Airport is available at the terminal. From hourly to daily to long-term parking, various parking options are available at the Bradley Airport.
There are many parking lots that offer economical off-site parking near Bradley Airport. Also, most of the lots allow 24x7 access.
After arriving at the airport, passengers have numerous options for ground transportation to their next destination. From car rentals to buses to limos, they can choose any option that is convenient for them. Also, many travelers utilize ride services like Lyft, Taxis, and Uber.
To travel hassle-free, passengers can opt for Car Rental Services, easily available onsite at the airport. Some of the well-known car rental providers like Enterprise, Hertz, National, and more, offer the passengers a huge variety of vehicles to choose from.
Taxis & Limos
Passengers can book their ride and travel to the nearby areas via Taxis and Limos services. Some common taxi and limo service providers include Bradley Express, ACE Taxi Cab, Premier Limousine, Wow Limousine, and more.
Buses & Trains
Public Transportation is also easily available from the airport to all major nearby locations.
- Connecticut Transit route 34 provides local service connecting Bradley with Windsor and Hartford.
- Amtrak and Hartford Line trains serve both the nearby Windsor Locks and Windsor stations.
Amenities & Services
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops
- Shoeshine stations and bars
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport
- Multiple art exhibits and installations on display
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- After passengers leave the aircraft, a corridor guides them to escalators down to the arrivals level.
- People can wait in the arrivals hall to meet the passengers arriving aboard international flights at concourses E and F. The ground transportation area, passenger pickup curb, and hourly parking facility are just outside the arrivals hall.
Address: Schoephoester Road, Windsor Locks, CT 06096, USA
Have you lost an item at the airport? Lost & Found.
Bradley Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- In 1947, civil operations began at the Bradley International Airport.
- In 1948, the federal government deeded BDL to the State of Connecticut for public and commercial use.
- In 1950, the airport exceeded the 1 lakh passenger mark.
- In 1986, the new Terminal A was completed.
- 2001 saw the beginning of the Terminal Improvement Project to expand Terminal A with a new concourse, construct a new International Arrivals Building and centralize passenger screening.
- In 2002, September, East Concourse was opened.
- In December 2002 a new International Arrivals Building was opened, housing the Federal Inspection Station with one jetway.
- In early 2016, Terminal B was demolished.
- The airport had 93,678 aircraft operations in the year ending March 31, 2016.