Hartford Bradley Airport is a civil and National Guard airport in Windsor Locks, Connecticut. BDL airport is about halfway between Hartford and Springfield.
The airport is owned and operated by the Connecticut Airport Authority. It covers an area of 2,432 acres (984 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- BDL Airport is Connecticut’s busiest commercial airport and the second-busiest airport in New England.
- In 2016, the airport launched its new brand, “Love the Journey.”
- In 2017, Bradley Airport was the 53rd-busiest airport in the United States, by passengers enplaned.
- For 2017-2021, the FAA National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems categorized BDL as a medium-hub primary commercial service facility.
- In 2017, Hartford CT Airport was named 5th-best airport in the United States by Condé Nast Traveler's Reader's Choice Awards.
- In 2019, the airport served more than 6 million passengers.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Bradley Airport is busiest during the morning hours between 4:00 am - 6:00 am.
- Passengers are advised to arrive 2 hours before a domestic flight and 3 hours before an international flight departure, to account for TSA security wait times, and any possible delays.
- Curbside check-in may be the fastest way to check luggage and receive a boarding pass for people with confirmed paper or electronic tickets.
- In order to facilitate the screening process, travelers should remove all metal objects prior to passing through the metal detectors.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, please have a look at the BDL Airport Map.
- For Arriving Flight Status: Arriving flight status provides Hartford Airport arrival times, delays, gate information, and time-to-land.
- For Departing Flight Status: Departing Flight Status provides scheduled vs actual departure times, map tracking, flight delays, and BDL gate information.
- To check flights and fares from Bradley Airport, search here.
Bradley Airport has one Terminal with 2 Concourses - East and West. For additional information, and to see the terminal location, please refer to the BDL Airport Map.
The East Concourse has Gates 1-12.
Gates 20-30 are on the West Concourse.
Hartford Airport serves various airlines including Southwest Airlines, JetBlue, Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection, United Airlines, and more.
View the full list of the airlines served at BDL Airport.
Short-Term and Long-Term Parking
Parking at BDL Airport is available at the terminal. From hourly to daily to long-term parking, various parking options are available at the Bradley Airport.
There are many parking lots that offer economical off-site parking near Bradley Airport. Also, most of the lots allow 24x7 access.
After arriving at the airport, passengers have numerous options for ground transportation to their next destination. From car rentals to buses to limos, they can choose any option that is convenient for them. Also, many travelers utilize ride services like Lyft, Taxis, and Uber.
To travel hassle-free, passengers can opt for Car Rental Services, easily available onsite at the airport. Some of the well-known car rental providers like Enterprise, Hertz, National, and more, offer the passengers a huge variety of vehicles to choose from.
Taxis & Limos
Passengers can book their ride and travel to the nearby areas via Taxis and Limos services. Some common taxi and limo service providers include Bradley Express, ACE Taxi Cab, Premier Limousine, Wow Limousine, and more.
Buses & Trains
Public Transportation is also easily available from the airport to all major nearby locations.
- Connecticut Transit route 34 provides local service connecting Bradley with Windsor and Hartford.
- Amtrak and Hartford Line trains serve both the nearby Windsor Locks and Windsor stations.
Amenities & Services
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops
- Shoeshine stations and bars
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport
- Multiple art exhibits and installations on display
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- After passengers leave the aircraft, a corridor guides them to escalators down to the arrivals level.
- People can wait in the arrivals hall to meet the passengers arriving aboard international flights at concourses E and F. The ground transportation area, passenger pickup curb, and hourly parking facility are just outside the arrivals hall.
Address: Schoephoester Road, Windsor Locks, CT 06096, USA
Have you lost an item at the airport? Lost & Found.
Bradley Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- In 1947, civil operations began at the Bradley International Airport.
- In 1948, the federal government deeded BDL to the State of Connecticut for public and commercial use.
- In 1950, the airport exceeded the 1 lakh passenger mark.
- In 1986, the new Terminal A was completed.
- 2001 saw the beginning of the Terminal Improvement Project to expand Terminal A with a new concourse, construct a new International Arrivals Building and centralize passenger screening.
- In 2002, September, East Concourse was opened.
- In December 2002 a new International Arrivals Building was opened, housing the Federal Inspection Station with one jetway.
- In early 2016, Terminal B was demolished.
- The airport had 93,678 aircraft operations in the year ending March 31, 2016.
Maps, Airlines & Amenities
Hartford Bradley Airport (BDL) Terminals
Lost phone going thru security on delta flightDL2095 on 10/4 What do I do?
Asked by Ludmila Brady - Fri, 7 October
We recommend you contact Delta at 800-221-1212 for assistance.
What concourse is Breeze airline?
Asked by Nancy - Sun, 18 September
Breeze Airways is located in Terminal A Gates 22.
Does the baggage claim close at a certain hour?
Asked by Jodie - Fri, 26 August
We couldn't find specific hours for the baggage claim at this airport.
What are the baggage claim hours?
Asked by Sammi - Fri, 26 August
You will need to contact your airline directly with any baggage claim questions and those hours can vary.
United sent me a message saying my luggage is being rerouted. Where do I go to file a claim when I land?
Asked by Morgan - Wed, 24 August
You will need to contact your airline directly for luggage claim.
I need the phone number to Southwest baggage claim.
Asked by Victor - Thu, 11 August
You can contact Southwest Airlines at 800-435-9792.
What time do the shops open to buy water for a 5am trip?
Asked by Mary - Sun, 31 July
The shops do not list their hours.
How do I reserve 2 wheelchairs for two elderly parents?
Asked by Wayne zaleski - Wed, 27 July
You can reserve the wheelchairs through the airlines when booking your flight.
Is there discounted disabled rates available for long term parking?
Asked by Charles Borchert - Sun, 17 July
We didn't find any discounted parking rates at this airport. You can contact the parking department at (860) 627-3555 to see if anything is available.
Is there an area inside Terminal A to meet arriving passengers?
Asked by Jane Daniels - Sun, 17 July
The best place to meet a passenger is by the doors at the check-in areas for the airlines as that area is pre-security screenings.
When I get home I will have foreign coins. Can I exchange them at the airport?
Asked by Mattye P Ellis - Wed, 13 July
There is no currency exchange at this airport.
What is the phone number for baggage claim?
Asked by Janice A Gifford - Sat, 2 July
You will need to contact the airline directly that you used for any baggage claim issues.
What time does TSA open on a week day?
Asked by Robert Cassarino - Thu, 16 June
TSA hours vary depending on the flight schedule with each airline.
Can I use the TSA security line if I have a first class plane ticket for faster processing?
Asked by sandra canterbury - Tue, 26 April
Your ticket, once you check in, will tell you what security lines you have access to.
How does a person get from terminal a to terminal b?
Asked by S. A. Beaulieu - Mon, 25 April
There are regular shuttle buses that go between all terminals at this airport. Follow signs for shuttles at the airport.
How much does it cost to use the parking garage?
Asked by John Peregrin - Sun, 3 April
Should we reserve a long term parking space over vacation week April 8 - 17?
Asked by C. Pat Anderson - Mon, 28 March
Reservations are not required, and don't seem possible to make, for any of this airport's parking options. Learn more about parking options and rates.
Bdl guest asked for network key
Asked by Kris Smith - Sat, 26 March
You should use the network BLD Airport Free Wifi. Here is more information about wifi at this airport.
I need the phone number for baggage claim for AA at BDL.
Asked by Doreen - Mon, 14 March
i have a pacemaker can i contact TSA?
Asked by john wyzik - Fri, 11 March
Yes, you can call the TSA at (866) 289-9673.
Does Long Term Parking have handicap spaces?
Asked by KATHLEEN - Sat, 5 March
Handicapped parking options are available in all of the parking lots and garages.
What are the hours for TSA?
Asked by nisha - Fri, 4 March
Terminals are open 24/7. You can check with your airline for ticketing hours, typical opening is between 4:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. depending on their first flight out.
Is there a smoking lounge?
Asked by Jelly - Fri, 25 February
There are no smoking lounges, but there are designated smoking areas outside of the airport.
Where do you get flights to Mexico?
Asked by Karen Borowy - Tue, 22 February
All flights, domestic and international, depart from Terminal A.
We have a flight at 5:30 a.m. What time is the airport open?
Asked by Sandy Fazio - Mon, 21 February
The Terminals are open 24 hours a day.
Where can I find the oversize baggage claim?
Asked by Shivani - Tue, 15 February
The baggage claim is on the ground level. We don't have specific information on oversized baggage location, but it is usually marked well with a sign.
Is there a Cell Phone Lot?
Asked by Stephen William - Sun, 9 February
Yes only a few minutes away from the terminal, there is a Cell Phone Waiting Lot that is conveniently located on Light Lane and is easily accessible as well. The cell phone lot is free of charge.