Dublin Airport DUB
Dublin Airport is an international airport serving Dublin, the capital city of Ireland. It is operated by DAA ( Dublin Airport Authority).
DUB airport is located 7 km (4.3 mi) north of Dublin, in Collinstown, near Swords, Dublin. A new runway measuring 3,110 m (10,203 ft) is currently under construction parallel to the existing runway 10/28.
Airport Stats & Facts
- Dublin Airport is the 12th busiest airport in Europe and is by far the busiest of Ireland's airports by total passenger traffic.
- DUB also has the greatest traffic levels on the island of Ireland.
- In August 2019, Dublin Airport was chosen for the Special Achievement in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) award for its use of mapping software from ESRI Ireland.
- In 2019, 32.9 million passengers passed through the airport, making it the airport's busiest year on record.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Passengers are advised to arrive at check-in at least 90 minutes prior to European flights and 3 hours for long-haul flights.
- The check-in desks in Terminal 1 are located on the first floor of the building, whereas in Terminal 2, they’re located on the ground floor.
- Save time and have a smoother journey by preparing correctly and ensuring that all items in your hand luggage meet security requirements.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, please have a look at the DUB Airport Map.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- For dropping off passengers for a flight, you can use the designated set down zones located outside both Terminal 1 & Terminal 2. Just make sure not to leave your car unattended.
- For picking up passengers, avail of the short stay Multi-Storey Car Parks. These car parks are clearly signposted on approach to both Terminal 1 & 2.
- For arriving flights: Arrival flight status provides the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Dublin Airport.
- For departing flights: Departing flight status lists scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- To get the best fares, book a flight at DUB.
There are two terminals - Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport.
Opened in 1972, Terminal 1 is currently home to all airlines except Aer Lingus, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Emirates, Norwegian (long-haul services) and United Airlines.
Terminal 2 is now the transatlantic gateway for flights to the United States as it features a US pre-clearance immigration facility.
To see the terminal locations, and for more information, please refer to the DUB Terminal Map here.
The various airlines served at Dublin Airport include Ryanair, Aer Lingus, Transavia, United Airlines, British Airways, and more.
View the full list of airlines served at DUB here.
Short Term & Long-Term Parking
Short term parking is the most convenient option at Dublin Airport. It has 4,000 parking spaces located beside Terminals 1 and 2.
First Hour: €3
Per day: €40.00
The long term parking has 18,600 parking spaces serving both Terminals 1 and 2. These car parks are available for both drive-up parking and online pre-booking spaces.
Per day: €9.50
From rental cars to buses, and more, passengers have a variety of ground transportation options after arriving at Dublin airport. Additionally, many passengers also opt for ride services such as Taxis, Uber, and Lyft.
Currently, car rentals service desks operate at Terminal 2. Avis/Budget, Hertz, Sixt, etc. are some of the well-known providers for rental cars.
Passengers should follow taxi signage from Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 to the taxi rank in Terminal 1. A taxi dispatcher is available at the taxi rank in Terminal 1 if you require any further information or assistance.
Dublin Airport is served by a large network of bus and coach routes, serving both the wider Dublin area and intercity links to the rest of Ireland. More than 700 buses a day service Dublin Airport. In Dublin city, Dublin Bus is the main provider of transport to and from the airport operating Airlink Express routes 747 and 757.
Amenities & Services
For visitors to have a great stay, Dublin Airport provides plenty of amenities and services including:
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Vending machines, and banks/ATMs.
Address: Collinstown, Fingal, Dublin County, IRL
Phone: +353 (0)1 814 1111
Dublin Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- On 19 January 1940, the inaugural flight from Dublin to Liverpool took place.
- In August 1938, work began on a new airport terminal building.
- In early 1941, the terminal building was opened.
- In 1983 Aer Lingus opened its 'Aer Lingus Commuter' division.
- In 1993, a major milestone for the airport was the signing of a new United States - Ireland bilateral agreement which allowed airlines to operate some direct transatlantic services for the first time to/from Dublin Airport instead of touching down en route at Shannon Airport on the west coast of Ireland.
- In 2009 and 2010, DUB saw a decline in traffic.
- In July 2013, the Dublin Airport Authority was officially renamed "DAA plc" by the Irish Government.
- By 2021, a new runway is expected to be completed at DUB.
Q: Is Dublin Airport the same as DUB?
A: Yes. While the official name is Dublin Airport, it is also referred to by its IATA code DUB.
Q: Is there a prayer room at DUB?
A: Yes, there’s a multi-faith prayer room on the departures level in Terminal 2.
Q: What cities can I fly from DUB?
A: You can fly to many cities from DUB Airport. Please have a look at our direct flights page to see where you can fly.
Q: Is there a left luggage facility at Dublin Airport?
A: Yes, it is operated by Excess Baggage Company and located in Terminal 1.
Dublin airport taxi
Have anyone booked a taxi from Dublin airport on http [more]David Hurley 08/20/2020
Over bite mail
Can you send an overnight post from the airportPjr 11/25/2019
Arriving from the U.S.
What is best bus to catch from DUB to Trinity College [more]Richard F 04/28/2019
Does Barclays banking have ATM machines available at [more]RWM 04/25/2019