The Airport is just minutes from Vail, and can be reached from Denver via Interstate Hwy 70 ( exit 147) or,driving towards Glenwood Springs, take exit 140.
With a long runway and about 327,000 passengers in 2016, Vail Eagle County Airport is served by major airlines offering direct flights to U.S. hub cities, with global connections. (their summer & winter schedules vary).
NOTE: It is recommended that you arrive 90 minutes before scheduled flight.
The passenger terminal at FlyVail.com Airport has continually grown, adding customs services for private aircraft and free wireless internet service in the terminal; the security checkpoint was expanded, an electronic boarding pass scanner added, and a new baggage screening system installed. Rental car counters serve 9 agencies. New retail & food concessions were recently added and new flight information screens replaced the old TV. Amenities and services include shops & restaurants (both can be reached at 970-524-9269), and ATM machine.
- Outside of the terminal at east curbside baggage checkin.
- Inside (est to west) are: Alpenglo Express, Cafee/News/ Gifts/Other; Airport Informtion, rental car couners, AA Baggage, rue Lcal Deals, High Mountain Taxi, Colorado Mountain Express. Beyond, the area is divided between the Bagage Com (west), TSA Screening checkpoint (center) and the Ticket Lobby with airline conters. After Security check passengers enetr the secured area, housing a Bar/Lounge (Townie Tavern), and offering access to the departure area (with restaurant, cafe, and news/gift shop) and access to East & West Concourses and their gates, which are divided into East & West Concourses (separated by a service area housing two restrooms, a restaurant and a caffee):
- The East Concourse with gates 3,4,5 (Delta at gate 3, American at gates 4 & 5, Air Canada at gate 5)
- The West Concourse with gates 1 & 2 is for United .
Current airlines serving the terminal and their destinations: (West/southwest) to Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Los Angles, Phoenix; (East /southeast) Toronto, Chicago, New York JFK, Newark EWR, Washington D.C., Atlanta & Miami. Curbside checkin is available from American, Delta & United airlines.
- Air Canada - tel. 888-247-2262
- American - tel. 800-433-7300
- Delta - tel. 800-221-1212
- United - tel. 800-864-8331
Current and future Airport developments: Phases 1 - 4 construction on the 4-phase terminal expansion may be completed /will be completed by year-end 2017. Between 2018 & 2024 other non-terminal upgrades will have been completed.
Gypsum, CO 81637
Phone: (970) 328 2680 /fax 2687