In the planning stages is a new rail link between the Airport, Paisley and City Center, whereby 'journeys to/from the Airport would be transformed into a state-of-the-art system to carry passengers on specially-designed tram-trains using both the current railway network a new light rail spur from Paisley to the airport'. Upon approval, the system could become operational by 2025.
- Bus 500 First Glasgow Shuttle - at stop 1, the official & accessible Glasgow Shuttle serves Glasgow's city center and has links to Glasgow's two main rail stations (Central & Queen Street, as well as to the Buchanan Street Bus station); it runs every 10 mins (taking 25 mins) , and at its Buchanan bus station link, you can connect via Scottish Citylink bus 900 to Edinburgh.
- Bus 747 AirLink at stop 8, the city service bus, runs every 20 mins between Glasgow Airport and City Center via a number of stops - ideal for those needing to get to the west end of the city. The trip takes about 48 mins.
- Bus 757 McGill's at Stop 7 and is the connection to the Paisley Gilmour Street Train station, serving very frequently. The bus is accessible.
- Bus 915 Citylink at stop 9 serves Skye via Loch Lomond & Ft. William.
- Stagecoach East Scotland offers new bus link from Dunferm line to Glasgow Airport. Its X24 route operates between the Airport and St. Andrews.
- The nearest train station is Paisley Gilmour Street, one mile from the passenger terminal, reachable by taxi or McGill's Bus 757. Eight trains an hour run from Paisley Giolmour station, and tickets can be purchased from SPT Travel Center on the ground floor of the terminal, next to domestic arrivals.
- The First 500 Glasgow Shuttle also connects directly to Glasgow Queen Street & Glasgow Central Train Station .
For more train information contact:
- ScotRail: www.scotrail.co.uk
- National Rail Enquiries: www.nationalrail.co.uk
- Traveline Scotland: www.travelinescotland.com/welcome.do