JAX Airport is a civil-military public airport in Florida and is operated by the Jacksonville Aviation Authority (JAA).
JAX is located 13 miles (21km) north of Downtown Jacksonville, in Duval County Florida. It covers an area of 7,911 acres (3,201 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- In 2019, Jacksonville FL Airport served more than 6 million passengers.
- It offers passengers great service, art exhibits and live music, rocking chairs & free WiFi.
- A new concourse at the airport is expected to be opened in 2022.
Airport Traveling Tips
- JAX Airport is busiest during the morning from 9 am to 10 am.
- Passengers are recommended to arrive at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure to account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
- Take a few minutes to look at the airport map before heading to the airport for a flight.
- For arriving flights: JAX Arriving Flight Status provides Jacksonville airport arrival times, delays, time-to-land, and gate info.
- For departing flights: JAX Departing Flight Status lists actual vs scheduled departure times, flight delays, map tracking, and JAX airport gate info.
- To view the best fares, book a flight at JAX airport here.
The Airport has 1 main terminal with two concourses - A and C. To see the terminal location and for additional information, please refer to airport terminal map.
This concourse has 10 gates, numbered from A1-A10 and houses Delta JetBlue, and United Airlines. Also, there is a Delta Sky Club on Concourse A.
This concourse also has 10 gates, numbered from C1-C10 and houses Allegiant, American Airlines, and a few more.
Jacksonville Airport serves various airlines including American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, JetBlue Airways, and more.
View the full list of airlines served at JAX airport, and see from which concourse each airline departs and arrives from.
JAX Airport Parking
Short-term and Long-term Parking
Parking at JAX Airport is available at the terminal. From hourly and daily parking to long-term parking, there are several parking options that offer convenience and service.
Many parking lots offer affordable off-site parking near JAX Airport. Most of the off-site parking lots allow 24/7 access.
After arriving at the airport, passengers have several options for ground transport to their next destination. Some of the transportation options include airport shuttles, car rentals, and buses. In addition, many passengers also utilize ride services like Uber, Lyft, and taxis.
Airport Car Rental
Car Rentals are a breeze at JAX. There are multiple car rental agencies onsite at the airport. Hertz, Enterprise, National, and other well-known car rental providers offer airport travelers a large variety of vehicles to choose from.
Airport Shuttle Services are a great way to travel from Jacksonville Airport. With the availability of various shuttle services, you can get a ride to almost any nearby location.
Buses & Trains
Public transportation is available from the airport to all major areas nearby. A courtesy desk is available in the arrivals area of the terminal which offers route information and schedules.
Amenities & Services
To help you enjoy your stay, Jacksonville Airport provides visitors with many different amenities and services including:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Shoeshine stations and massage bars.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the entire airport.
- Currency exchange.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- The courtyard is a perfect place to meet arriving passengers as each concourse exits into it, and you can pick up the passenger from there.
- The passengers can be dropped outside the terminal.
Address: 2400 Yankee Clipper Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32218, USA
Contact: [email protected]
Phone: (904) 741 4902 /fax 2224
Have you lost an item at the airport? Lost & Found.
Jacksonville Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- On September 1, 1968, the Airport was built replacing Imeson Field.
- By 1982, the airport served only two million passengers.
- By 1999, JAX served over five million passengers annually.
- In 2002, an expansion plan was approved for the airport.
- In mid-2006, the second phase of the expansion program commenced which was projected to cost about $170 million.
- In 2009, JAA commenced the demolition of Concourse B.
- In 2016, the airport had around 1 lakh aircraft operations.
- With more than 7 million passengers in 2019, prompted the Jacksonville Aviation Authority to revive the plan to build Concourse B.
- By 2022, the new concourse is expected to be open, with six additional gates.
Maps, Airlines & Amenities
Jacksonville Airport (JAX) Terminals
Where do you pick up arriving passengers?
Asked by Sabrina Smith - Wed, 5 October
You can pick passengers up at the main doors, however they request you wait in the cell phone parking lot until your passenger lets you know they are at the curb and ready to be picked up.
What number can I call to find out if my luggage has arrived since my luggage was lost
Asked by Gita - Sat, 1 October
You will need to contact your airlines directly for any lost luggage concerns.
How does Hurricane Ian affect your operations?
Asked by JAMES - Tue, 27 September
Hurricane Ian is affecting some flights. The airport recommends you check with your airlines before traveling to the airport.
Where is arrival pick up? Do all airlines pick up at the same location?
Asked by Kristine Magnuson - Sun, 18 September
Where is there a pet relief area AFTER security?
Asked by Sandra - Fri, 2 September
The pet relief area is located after security between concourses A and C, and it includes seating, handwashing sink, pick-up bag dispenser, and a trash can for droppings.
What is the cost for Valet parking?
Asked by Rocky - Thu, 25 August
Valet Parking is $26 for every 24-hour period for regular-sized vehicles and $30 if your vehicle is oversized. You also don't need a reservation.
Are dogs allowed on the airport shuttles from any of the on-site parking lots?
Asked by Denise - Mon, 22 August
We couldn't find anything that said you couldn't have a dog on the shuttle bus.
What is the number to American airlines baggage office?
Asked by anthony - Fri, 12 August
The number to reach American Airlines is 1-800-433-7300.
Is there a waiting cell phone section?
Asked by Martino - Mon, 27 June
Yes there is a cell phone waiting lot at this airport.
Where is the business center located?
Asked by Ronnique - Mon, 27 June
There isn't a business center located at JAX. They do have an Executive Conference Room available upon prior reservation.
For parking, does the Jacksonville Airport uses SunPass Mini?
Asked by Stephanie - Fri, 24 June
The JAX Airport uses JAX Passport for its frequent parking program.
How do I reserve a wheelchair at checkin?
Asked by John - Tue, 21 June
You can reserve a wheelchair when booking your flight so that it will be ready when you get there. If you have any questions while you are at the airport they do have JAX Airport Ambassadors wearing blue vests that can assist you.
Can I purchase a long term parking before departure?
Asked by LESLIE ONEIL - Sat, 21 May
No reservations are required (or an option) for this airport, including long term parking.
How far is concourse a to concourse c?
Asked by Yulia - Sun, 10 April
They are located fairly close to each other - just on opposite ends of the main area after you exit security.
Does JAX have a cell phone lot? if so where?
Asked by bill - Thu, 7 April
Yes, there is a free Cell Phone Lot. To enter the lot from Airport Road: make a left after the JAA building onto Pecan Park Road and then a left into the Waiting Lot.
Where are your pet relief stations in the terminal?
Asked by Faith A Markus - Mon, 28 March
The post-security pet relief area is located between concourses A and C near the Food Court. There is also an outdoor pet relief area located outside baggage claim on the southside of the terminal.
Is there a store that sells beach chairs?
Asked by Michele - Tue, 22 March
There does not seem to be any stores that would sell beach chairs at this airport.
Is passenger pickup located right in front of the main terminal?
Asked by Erik Nilsson - Thu, 17 March
Yes, you can pickup passengers at the Arrivals level.
Do you pay for long term parking on your way out of airport or in your vehicle on way out of parking?
Asked by Barbara Pasquale - Sun, 6 March
You pay in your vehicle as you exit the parking area.
What is the airports address?
Asked by michael barden - Fri, 25 February
The airport is located at 2400 Yankee Clipper Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32218.
Where to park for arriving passengers?
Asked by richard - Fri, 11 February
If you are picking up arriving passengers, park in the Cell Phone Lot, which is located just beyond the Jacksonville Aviation Authority (JAA) Administration Building as you are approaching the terminal. You can wait here until the passengers arrive and are ready to be picked-up.
Directions to world golf village?
Asked by Chris - Thu, 10 February
The best way to reach World Golf Village is to drive. Take I-95 south to exit 323, International Golf Parkway. Following the exit, turn right onto International Golf Parkway, and right again into World Golf Village.
On Friday I am coming in on United. I need to meet family coming in on Delta. Do all airlines use a common baggage claim area? If not, what would be the best way to plan our meeting? Thank you.
Asked by Tom - Thu, 10 February
This airport does have one shared baggage claim area, so you should be able to meet there without any issues.