Jacksonville Airport JAX
JAX Airport is a civil-military public airport in Florida and is operated by the Jacksonville Aviation Authority (JAA).
JAX is located 13 miles (21km) north of Downtown Jacksonville, in Duval County Florida. It covers an area of 7,911 acres (3,201 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- In 2019, Jacksonville FL Airport served more than 6 million passengers.
- It offers passengers great service, art exhibits and live music, rocking chairs & free WiFi.
- A new concourse at the airport is expected to be opened in 2022.
Airport Traveling Tips
- JAX Airport is busiest during the morning from 9 am to 10 am.
- Passengers are recommended to arrive at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure to account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
- Take a few minutes to look at the airport map before heading to the airport for a flight.
- For arriving flights: JAX Arriving Flight Status provides Jacksonville airport arrival times, delays, time-to-land, and gate info.
- For departing flights: JAX Departing Flight Status lists actual vs scheduled departure times, flight delays, map tracking, and JAX airport gate info.
- To view the best fares, book a flight at JAX airport here.
The Airport has 1 main terminal with two concourses - A and C. To see the terminal location and for additional information, please refer to airport terminal map.
This concourse has 10 gates, numbered from A1-A10 and houses Delta JetBlue, and United Airlines. Also, there is a Delta Sky Club on Concourse A.
This concourse also has 10 gates, numbered from C1-C10 and houses Allegiant, American Airlines, and a few more.
Jacksonville Airport serves various airlines including American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, JetBlue Airways, and more.
View the full list of airlines served at JAX airport, and see from which concourse each airline departs and arrives from.
JAX Airport Parking
Short-term and Long-term Parking
Parking at JAX Airport is available at the terminal. From hourly and daily parking to long-term parking, there are several parking options that offer convenience and service.
Many parking lots offer affordable off-site parking near JAX Airport. Most of the off-site parking lots allow 24/7 access.
After arriving at the airport, passengers have several options for ground transport to their next destination. Some of the transportation options include airport shuttles, car rentals, and buses. In addition, many passengers also utilize ride services like Uber, Lyft, and taxis.
Airport Car Rental
Car Rentals are a breeze at JAX. There are multiple car rental agencies onsite at the airport. Hertz, Enterprise, National, and other well-known car rental providers offer airport travelers a large variety of vehicles to choose from.
Airport Shuttle Services are a great way to travel from Jacksonville Airport. With the availability of various shuttle services, you can get a ride to almost any nearby location.
Buses & Trains
Public transportation is available from the airport to all major areas nearby. A courtesy desk is available in the arrivals area of the terminal which offers route information and schedules.
Amenities & Services
To help you enjoy your stay, Jacksonville Airport provides visitors with many different amenities and services including:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Shoeshine stations and massage bars.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the entire airport.
- Currency exchange.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- The courtyard is a perfect place to meet arriving passengers as each concourse exits into it, and you can pick up the passenger from there.
- The passengers can be dropped outside the terminal.
Address: 2400 Yankee Clipper Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32218, USA
Phone: (904) 741 4902 /fax 2224
Have you lost an item at the airport? Lost & Found.
Jacksonville Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- On September 1, 1968, the Airport was built replacing Imeson Field.
- By 1982, the airport served only two million passengers.
- By 1999, JAX served over five million passengers annually.
- In 2002, an expansion plan was approved for the airport.
- In mid-2006, the second phase of the expansion program commenced which was projected to cost about $170 million.
- In 2009, JAA commenced the demolition of Concourse B.
- In 2016, the airport had around 1 lakh aircraft operations.
- With more than 7 million passengers in 2019, prompted the Jacksonville Aviation Authority to revive the plan to build Concourse B.
- By 2022, the new concourse is expected to be open, with six additional gates.
Q. Is Jacksonville Airport the same as JAX?
A. Yes. While the official name is Jacksonville International Airport, it is also known as Jax airport.
Q. How far is the Jacksonville Airport from Downtown Jacksonville?
A. The airport is 13 miles (21 km) from Downtown Jacksonville, in Duval County, Florida.
Q. Can you sleep at Jacksonville Airport?
A. Passengers are permitted to sleep in the airport. It remains open 24 hours a day and visitors can stay inside overnight. We also recommend these awesome JAX layover ideas.
Q. What cities can I fly from JAX?
A. You can fly to many cities directly from Jacksonville Airport, mostly to US destinations. Check out our direct flights page to see where you can fly from the airport.
Early morning flights
Have a 5:30am flight on a Thursday. No bags to check [more]FLFlyer 02/25/2020
Pick up arriving crated dog
Location in terminalJia 11/01/2019
Jax free WiFi not getting up address by Gates and not connecting
Jax free WiFi does not connect at concourse a and sti [more]AQEEL MOMIN 10/27/2019
Need the terminal # for Frontier airlines ( departure [more]Isabel 07/16/2019