Guest Services at Memphis MEM Airport
Airport Information Booths are located in the Main Terminal.
Volunteer Airport Ambassadors assist passengers with information about the airport and Memphis and its mid-south region. The Ambassadors can be identified by their uniforms of white shirts, khaki trousers, blue suede shoes and blue sweater with the blue suede service logo. They will help you find play stations, food locations, and attend to your business needs while at MEM Airport. These volunteers can assist to interprete over 140 languages.
American Airlines (901) 922-8330
Delta Airlines (901) 922-8241
United Airlines (901) 922-8688
USAir (901) 922-8261
AirTran (901) 922-8671
America West Express (901)922-8241
Phone Cards - International Travel Insurance has six Airport vending machines in the Airport to purchase Pre-Paid Phone Cards for long distance service. One machine is located in “C” concourse near Gate C12. There are three machines in “B” concourse. One machine is located near the Blue Note Cafe, the second machine is located near B12 and the last one is located near B35. The “A” concourse has one machine and it is located near A19. The machines accept U.S. currency only . All machines dispense AT&T phone cards.
Unisex Barber Shop - on Level 2 of the Airport between Ticket Lobby B & C; open daily providing haircuts/shampoo/sets for men and women.
Shoeshine - at Ticket Lobby B-C, and at gates B1 & C12.
On-Airport Radisson Memphis Hotel – (901)-332-2370 is just a short shuttle ride from terminal, at 2411 Winchester Rd., and offers 211 rooms, outdoor heated pool, 2 tennis courts, dining facilities, exercise room, and meeting / banquet facilities.
Lost & Found
Items left at TSA checkpoint:
For any items left at a TSA security check point, please contact the TSA at 866-289-9673 or visit tsa.gov.
Airlines' Lost & Found: Delta
Lost & Found Online Form Southwest
Lost & Found Online Form Allegiant Air
Lost and Found: 1-866-719-3910 American Airlines
Lost & Found Online Form Frontier
Lost & Found Online Form United Airlines
Lost & Found Online Form Air Canada
Lost & Found Online Form Southern Airways Express
Customer Service Center: 1-800-329-0485
Airline policies regarding pets vary widely and it is highly recommended that you contact the airline prior to making a reservation. Here are some helpful tips for traveling with pets:
Tips for Traveling with Pets:
· First, contact your airline to find out the rules and regulations they have on pet travel.
· Do not tranquilize your pet, as the effects of tranquilizers on animals at higher altitudes can be unpredictable.
· The Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has set up rules and regulations for the transportation of live animals, and your pet is required to be at least eight weeks old and fully weaned before traveling by air.
· Whenever possible, book a direct, nonstop flight and avoid holiday or weekend travel. Try to plan schedules that minimize temperature extremes.
· The kennel that you use must be sturdy, properly ventilated, and large enough for your pet to freely be able to stand, turn around and lie down.
· Get your pet comfortable with the kennel prior to flying; this reduces stress on your pet.
· Give your pet food and water within four hours before your flight. You will have to sign a certification of the time when you last offered food and water to your pet.
· Give yourself plenty of time for check-in so there is no rushing and everything is done properly
International Travelers at Memphis MEM Airport
NOTE: Prior to departure make sure that your original airline will transfer bags to your connecting flight - if not, you need, after customs clearance, take them to your connecting terminal and check them in at your connecting airline counter before proceeding to your gate.