1 hour connection time in OAK
I fly from Rome into OAK on Saturday and my next flig [more]MR 11/19/2018
Is there an ATM that dispenses Eurosmb 05/05/2018
Flying in on Southwest (term 2) but flying out to Europe (term 1)
New to flying international and never have flown thro [more]CC 03/26/2018
best way to get from terminal 2 to terminal 1
had foot surgery need to know if I can hire someone t [more]steven lees 02/27/2018
OAK Airport is only 4.6 miles south of the business district of Oakland, a city in Alameda County, and is accessible via Interstate Highway 880 north & south (exit at 98th Ave to OAK; north traffic must turn left at stoplight; south traffic must turn right at stoplight; then continue straight on to Airport Drive. (Use right lanes for T1, left lanes for T2 for passenger pickup/ dropoff). Nearing the airport, tune into TIPS Radio 1700AM for current airport traffic, parking availability and security information.
With four runways and a passenger count and12.1 million passengers in 2016, Oakland International Airport is served by regular and low-cost airlines offering numerous direct and connecting flights throughout the country, with connections to all points of the globe.
Hawaii is a key market for Oakland International, and flights are offered to Maui (OGG), Hawaii (KOA), Kauai (LIH), and Oahu (HNL).
The first six months of 2017 added new flights to Baltimore, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Detroit, London, Los Cabos & Puerto Vallarta (Mexico), Paris (Spring 2018) and Rome.
- New low-cost airline LEVEL (flylevel.com - code-shares with AA offers three weekly flights to/from Barcelona, Spain - with a choice of over 50 connections onwards.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle (Norwegian.com/us) added to its current 787 Dreamliner service a new Barcelona, Spain route (twice-a week, then 3 times/week). It will also add 4 weekly flights to Paris by April 10, 2018.
Courtyard Oakland Airport, a Marriott hotel, is on 350 Hegenberger Road - minutes from Airport entrance - tel: 1-510-568-7600.
Oakland International Airport has two passenger terminals - T1 & T2. OAK offers Global Entry (members are also eligible in TSAPre-Check for expedited screening. (For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.)
Current Airlines, their Code, tel. number, and nonstop services to the following Airports (Codes only) :
- Alaska AS, 800-426-0333 - to Hawaii (LIH, HNL, OGG, KOA), PDX, SEA
- Allegiant G4, 702-505-8888 - to G4, BLI, EUG, AZA, PVU; LAS, ELP - with summer 2017 service to FCA, IDA, MSO
- American AA, 800-433-7300 - to PHX
- Azores, 408-729-3712 - summer service to TER (Terceira Island, Portugal)
- Boutique, 855-268-8478 - to MCE and LAX, California
- British Airways BA, 800-247-9297 - to London LGW
- Delta DL, 800-221-1212 - to LAX & SLC
- Hawaiian HA, 800-367-5320 -to Hawaii: LIH, HNL, OGG, KOA
- JetBlue B6, 800-538-2583 - to BS (seasonal)
- Norwegian DY, 800-357-4159 - to OSL, ARN, LGW
- Southwest WN, 800-435-9792 - to 25 U.S. airports; and to San Jose del Cabo/ Los Cabos, and Puerto Vallarta (Mexico).
- Spirit NK, 801-401-2222 - to BWI, DFW, IAH, LAS, LAX, ORD
- Volaris Y4, 855-865-2747 (Mexico: 01-(55) 1102-8000) to Mexican Airports GDL, BJX, MLM, MEX & TIJ.
NOTE: Southwest is the dominant Airline, with Spirit taking second place.
The OAK BART TRAIN STATION is in front of the terminal. BART trains depart weekdays every 5 minutes during peak hours. For fare information open the BART website at: art.gov/tickets/calculator. Passengers use the 3.2 mile elevated guideway between Coliseum BART station & Oakland Airport (with direct connections to Powell Street in San Francisco & to Fremont ). The trip takes just 8.5 minutes. Total travel time is 12-14 minutes (including the walk from BART Coliseum Station to OAC platform, & from OAC to the passenger terminals). BART trains offer seamless single-ticket connections to all of its 45 stations throughout the SF Bay Area.
Current and future Airport developments: Terminal 1's retrofit & renovation have been completed.
In June 2017 Oakland Airport received a $37M grant from the FAA to upgrade & expand the International Arrivals Building (IAB). IAB provides all required US Customs & Border Protection (CBP) passenger processing facilities for Federal inspection services of international arrivals. Those facilities include aircraft gate vestibules, sterile corridor system, primary /secondary pssenger processing, international baggage claim, in-transit lounge, and CBP office and support areas. As IAB is now in need of upgrage /expansion - including new baggage carousel system, and/or replacement of current one; a building addition with space for queuing and a processing area; CBP office/support space, new /upgraded restrooms, new passenger service equipment, seismic upgrades, reconfiguration of passenger boarding bridge and of taxilanes & aircraft parking positions.
Currently, seismic exterior & interior retrofit was completed, followed by upgrades of security checkpoint lobby, replacement of baggage carousel and baggage conveyors; modifying passenger boarding bridge, aircraft parking and taxi lane; rehabilitation of Main Runway 12-30.