Montréal Airport YUL
Located in Dorval, Quebec, the Montreal-Trudeau International Airport is named after the former Canadian Prime Minister, Pierre Elliott Trudeau. It covers the area of Montreal, Greater Montreal, Quebec, and eastern Ontario in Canada.
All of its terminals are situated in the suburban Dorval region. YUL airport has three runways, two of which run parallel in the north-south direction. The two managing bodies of the international airport are Aéroports de Montréal (ADM) and Montréal–Mirabel.
Airport Stats & Facts
- In 2019, Montreal airport served 20.3 million passengers.
- It is considered to be the third busiest Canadian airport with 65% of its passengers taking non-domestic flights.
- The airport headquarters of three of the country’s largest airlines, viz. Air Canada, Air Transat, and Air Inuit.
- YUL celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2016.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Montreal Airport has the Primary Inspection Kiosks for saving time for passengers returning from abroad. Travelers can download the CanBorder app to process their application details faster and save time at the terminal.
- Passengers can check-in online 24 hours before the departure and text their flight number to 23636 to get regular updates.
- There are multiple ways to get to the airport, such as Uber and Car2Go, 747 shuttles, limousines, and taxis. Passengers must reach the airport at least three hours before their boarding time.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- The pickup zones are divided into five zones, namely A, B, C, D, and E. Passengers will arrive at any of these zones for departure.
- When arriving at the airport, you can skip the traffic and plan your drop-off through YUL’s CellParc app.
- Both the pickup and drop-off zones have no parking areas, and passengers cannot park their vehicles.
- You can find the details about Arriving Flights at YUL along with information about the gate, arrival time, and delays if any.
- Passengers can get real-time status updates for the Departing Flights with scheduled departure time, delays, tracking, and map.
- Book flight tickets at the best fares for YUL.
The Montreal airport has one large terminal with three jetties/concourses. The terminal is divided into four areas –
Public area for all passengers and visitors
Domestic jetty – Gates 1-15 and 17-30
International jetty – Gates 47 to 68
Transborder area – Gates 72 to 89
YUL Montreal Airport serves an array of airlines, such as United Airlines, Interjet, Qatar Airways Airlines, Air Inuit, and Air Canada, among others.
Find the complete list of airlines served by the YUL here.
There is an elaborate arrangement for parking at the YUL airport. These three main parking options will help you find the best suitable alternative to park your vehicle.
- There are three kinds of parking spaces available at the terminal – short-term, multi-level, and ValetParc.
- You can book any of these parking spaces for 20 minutes, 24 hours, or 7 days at varying prices.
There are three options available for economy parking –
- EconoParc P5
- EconoParc P8-P9
HotelParc facility is also available for parking.
Passengers arriving at the YUL airport can avail of many ground transport services at the Montreal-Trudeau airport.
The 747shuttle service runs across the Montreal-Trudeau airport 24x7. The bus services are available from downtown and from the airport as well. The travel duration is usually between 45 and 70 minutes.
VIA Rail Canada is the country’s national railway service and runs several inter-city trains from the airport. Passengers can avail of a free minibus service to travel from Dorval station to the airport. Three of the main rail corridors are Québec City-Montréal Ottawa-Montréal and Toronto-Kingston-Montréal. Public transportation is one of the best means of transport to travel from YUL.
Aeroshuttle, Orleans Express, Autocars Skyport, and Greyhound are some of the regional shuttles providers that run from the YUL airport to different locations. The shuttle service varies as per the season.
There are multiple car rentals and taxis available at the airport. You can find an Uber or Eva for local travel. Apart from that, you can find taxis as well as limousines to travel to and from the airport.
Amenities & Services
While visiting the Montreal-Trudeau airport, passengers and visitors can enjoy varied amenities and recreational services, such as
- High-speed WiFi and digital book platforms
- Restaurants, bars, cafés, and boutiques
- Multiple lounges spread across the airport premises
- Plane spotting sites and exhibition zones
Address: 975 Romeo Vachon Blvd. NorthDorval, Quebec, QZ HH4 1H1CAN
Phone: (514) 394 7377 / 1-800-465-1213
YUL Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- In the 1940s, Canada’s Ministry of Transport bought a piece of land at the Dorval Race Track to create an airport larger than Saint-Hubert Airport.
- On 1 September 1941, the YUL was opened under the name of Dorval Airport. In five years, it handled 25,000 passengers annually and upgraded to over a million passengers in the 1950s.
- The airport also played a crucial role in the Second World War when many Allied aircraft flew over Dorval to England.
- After its renaming in 1960, the Ministry of Transport launched a brand new $30 million terminal.
- The YUL has been the gateway into Canada for all European and Asian traffic.
- In the 1970s and 1980s, the airport lost significance owing to Montreal’s economic decline.
- The period of 2000-2007 saw large-scale expansion.
Q. What does YUL airport stand for?
A: YUL is the code name for the Montreal-Trudeau international airport.
Q. Are there any hotels inside or near YUL airport?
A: Yes, you can find multiple hotels inside and around the YUL airport. You can find a comprehensive list and compare different hotel prices here.
Q. What can I do to pass the time if I have a layover at the Montreal-Trudeau airport?
A: There is a wide range of recreational activities that passengers can avail of at the YUL. From bars and restaurants to in-house hotels and lounges, passengers waiting for connecting flights have many options to spend time. Check out these layover ideas to have fun at YUL airport.
Q. How can I follow through for my items lost at the YUL airport?
A: Passengers can find and claim their lost items at the airport cloakroom. If you have left something on the flight, then you can contact the airline.
Domestic Connection - 45 Min
Hello, I just booked a flight from Moncton to Vanco [more]lcb 02/11/2020
connecting to US flight
How much time is needed between flights to connect fr [more]vg 12/29/2019
Greyhound bus from Ottawa - pickup location at YUL?
Does anybody know where EXACTLY you can park and pick [more]NDG mom 12/27/2019
Connection to Fort Lauderdale
Will arrive on AC0398 at 15:14. Connecting flight to [more]Peter 11/22/2019