Palm Springs International Airport Map & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
Palm Springs International Airport is served by eleven airlines and provides access to more than 20 destinations worldwide. The PSP Airport is open 24 hours a day around the week. All TSA security checkpoints open at 1.5 hours prior to the departure of flights.
The main terminal building structure at the PSP Airport has a centralized security checkpoint providing access to the two concourse areas of the airport: Sonny Bono Concourse and Regional Concourse.
Towards the right there are ticketing counters and an ATM.
Towards the left there are baggage claim counters, information centre, and phones. Outside there are car rental options, bus, and ground transportation options.
Sonny Bono Concourse
On November 4, 1999, the new Sonny Bono Concourse opened as part of the 1994-2000 expansion. Named in honor of the late singer, congressman and former mayor of the city, this newer concourse is the elevated one of the two.
Sonny Bono Concourse has Gates 01-11.
Near Gate 1 there is a playground and across from it there is a bar, coffee, restaurant, and restroom. Between Gates 4 and 5 there is an ATM, phone, restrooms, bar, restaurant, and shop.
The older Regional Concourse on the south side, simply known as the Regional Concourse on the airport website, or "Gates 12–20" on airport signage, is at the tarmac level and hosts smaller aircraft. Boarding uses ramps or airstairs.
Regional Concourse has Gates 12-20. The passage leading to this concourse has a Nursing Room. Inside this concourse near Gate 20 and 12 there is an ATM, phone, bar, restaurant, and shop.
For more information, please refer to the PSP Airport Map here.
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are various shopping and dining options inside both concourse areas of the airport.
Inside the Sonny Bono Concourse there is Desert News, Brighton, and The PGA Tour Shop for shopping. For dining there is Santa Rosa Kitchen & Spirits, PSP Coffee House,
Inside the Regional Concourse there is Desert News for shopping and for dining there is Tap Room Bar.
- For lost/found items you can contact:
- Your airline for items lost inside the aircraft
- Call (760) 318-3841 for items lost elsewhere
- You can also email at TSAPSPLostandfound@tsa.dhs.gov
- Another number for calling is (760) 833 9312
- Passengers are advised to arrive at least 2 hours before their scheduled departure time to account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
- To ensure a smooth check-in process, passengers should pack carry-on luggage in a suitable manner, have photo ID ready, and read all the airline guidelines properly prior to arriving at the airport.
- No unattended baggage will be allowed inside the terminal building. You must keep your bags with you at all times.