basic map of PHL terminals
I would like to see a basic map of the PHL terminals. [more]Donna Duffy 21 hr ago
Map of terminals
I would like to see a basic map of the PHL terminals.Donna 21 hr ago
I will be flying in September from St Louis, MO to Ph [more]Donna 21 hr ago
Can I meet a work colleague at baggage claim (Termina [more]LFW 05/15/2018
PHL Airport is about 7 miles southwest of central Philadelphia, accessible via Interstate Highways 95 (Delaware Expwy) & 76; PA 291 & 611, and the PA & NJ Turnpikes. The Airport, bordering to the south on the Delaware River, is served by the Airport High-Speed Rail Line stopping at Eastwick Station, University City, 38th Street Station, Penn Center Suburban Station and Market East Station.
With four runways and serving around 30.2M passengers in 2016, Philadelphia International Airport is served by major airlines offering nonstop and connecting flights to desinations around the world.
- Frontier started year-round service to San Juan SJU (Puerto Rico) in June 2017.
- Icelandair started services to KEF Keflavik Airport ( near the City of Reykjavik), with 4 weekly nonstop flights.
- Alaska will will start daily service Aug. 2017 to San Francisco SFO , with a red-eye departure at 20:35pm on Aug. 31, arriving at PHL at 7am. From PHL to SFO 8:15am on Sept. 1; ariving at SFO at 11:25am. (Alaska currently also offers daily services to Seattle, and started seasonal Portland PDX service.
- On Sept. 1, 2017, Alaska starts service to Los Angeles LAX - operated by Virgin America (departing red-eye flight at 6:30am; returning to PHL Sept. 2 at 9:26).
On-Airport Hotels at PHL Airport:
- the Airport Marriott, next to Parking Garage B (tel. 215-492-9000); and
- the Aloft Hotel on Island Avenue (tel. 267-298-1700).
Philadelphia International Airport has seven terminals - A-West, A-East, B, C, D, E & F (Terminals B & C and D & E are connected), with access to corresponding garages. (For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.
TSA Checkpoints: It is strongly advisable to arrive at the Airport 2 hours prior to domestic, and 3 hours prior to international scheduled flights.
PHL Airport has been working with the TSA & airlines to ease wait times at TSA checkpoint lanes during the busy summer months. PHL checkpoint hours: A-West: 5:15am; B: open 24/7; C: 4:15am; D/E: 3/45am; F: 4:15am.
- Airlines hired extra staff to assist passengers at checkpoints.
- Frequent flyers should take advantage of TSA Pre-check, expediting the screening process in a separate lane (annual fee: $85).
- Pre-check passengers may request expedited screening if C lane is closed. Also, as pre-check is unavailable at F, lane D/E may be used.
- The downloadable 'MY TSA mobile application' on iOS & Android devices is available from the www.tsa.gov/mobile site and from iTunes & Google Play.
Post-Security animal relief areas are now available at:
- TA-West, near gate A16; & TA-East near gate A1 shuttle bus stop;
- TB at B 30 of the AB-Link;
- TC & TD at respective C & D ends of the CD-Link
- at gate E1, and at TF past checkpoint, at elevator/escalator lobby.
Airlines at PHL in alphabetical order, their Code, reservation numbers and terminals for baggage claim/gates/ticketing:
Air Canada AC, tel. 888-689-2247, at TD
Alaska, tel. 800-ALASKAAIR, at TD
American AA*, tel. 800-433-7300; (* see below)
American Eagle AA, tel. 800-433-7300; Baggage Claim at TD/E; Gates/Ticketing at TF: check departure gate and teminal before PHL arrival. The Admirals Club is on level 2 near Food Court.
British Airways BA, tel. 800-AIRWAYS; at TA-West. The Galleries Lounge is near Gate A14.
Delta Air Lines DL, tel. 800-221-1212; Baggage Claim at TD; Ticketing at TE. The Sky Club is at TD, near exit doors.
Frontier F9, tel. 800-432-1359; at TE; however internat'l flights arrive at TA-East.
Icelandair FI, tel. 800-223-5500; at TA-West
JetBlue B6, tel. 800-JETBLUE; at TE
Lufthansa LH, tel. 800-645-3880; at TA-West
Qatar Airways QR, tel. 8770777-2827; at TA-West
Southwest WN, tel. 800-435-9792; at TE
Spirit NK, tel. 801-401-2200; at TA-East
United UA, tel. 800-864-8331; at TD.
* American Airlines AA at: Baggage Claim /Ticketing at Terminals TA-West, A-East, B/C; Gates /Ticketing: TA-West, TA-East, B/C: International & Caribbean flights at TA-West; Arriving passengers on domestic flights at TA-West and not connecting to other flights, must pick their bags at A-East's baggage claim.
- The American Airlines Admirals Club is at: TA-West's Mezzanine level at gates A15/16; TA-East at gates A4/A6; at B/C Connector on level 3; at TF's level 2 Food Court.
Automated flight info tel. 800-PHL-GATE
Airport general Information & Paging tel. 215-937-6937;
Airport Police 215-937-6817;
Aviation Division 215-937-5499;
Concessions 215-937-1200 or www.philamarketplace.com
Present and Future Airport Developments: Recently completed projects included replacement of a 13-kV underground electric cable, terminal refurbishment (checked baggage system at TD /TE, and new ticket counters with larger queuing spaces).
- 'Over the next several years' the terminals are to be refurbished.
- Long-term improvements: The Airport itself will be expanded - using largely undeveloped parcels of land - to be completed in phases over a 12-15 year span. Within this time period the following improvements are to be made: extension of runway, taxiway, designing new APM (automated people mover); construction of consolidated rental car facility, redesign of Terminal B/C for new ticketing, baggage & security screening; and many airport rehab infrastructure projects (roof, window, & escalator replacements, new restrooms & security upgrades).