Arriving PHL from BUF on American Airlines 4806 at 10 [more]Patricia 10 hr ago
Where in the airport are there lottery vendors? Wher [more]JC 01/16/2020
How long does it take to get from terminal C to terminal APk 12/29/2019
Terminal B gate 10 no one would take cash for the dri [more]trf 12/27/2019
Philadelphia International Airport Overview
Serving the State of Pennsylvania, PHL is a major east coast Airport; ranking very high among large U.S. airports in customer satisfaction. PHL Airport is about 7 miles southwest of central Philadelphia, accessible via Interstate Highways 95 & 76; PA 291 & 611, and the PA & NJ Turnpikes. The Airport, bordering to the south on the Delaware River, is served by the Airport High-Speed Rail Line stopping at Eastwick Station, University City, 38th Street Station, Penn Center Suburban Station and Market East Station.
Airport Facts & Stats
With four runways and serving over 32M passengers annually, Philadelphia International Airport is served by major airlines offering nonstop and connecting flights to destinations around the world.
It is strongly advisable to arrive at the Airport 2 hours prior to domestic, and 3 hours prior to international scheduled flights.
PHL Airport has been working with the TSA & airlines to ease wait times at TSA checkpoint lanes during the busy summer months.
PHL checkpoint hours: A-West: 5:15am; B: open 24/7; C: 4:15am; D/E: 3:45am; F: 4:15am.
- Airlines hired extra staff to assist passengers at checkpoints.
- Frequent flyers should take advantage of TSA Pre-check, expediting the screening process in a separate lane (annual fee: $85).
- Pre-check passengers may request expedited screening if C lane is closed. Also, as pre-check is unavailable at F, lane D/E may be used.
- The downloadable 'MY TSA mobile application' on iOS & Android devices is available from the www.tsa.gov/mobile site and from iTunes & Google Play.
- the Airport Marriott, next to Parking Garage B (tel. 215-492-9000); and
- the Aloft Hotel on Island Avenue (tel. 267-298-1700).
Philadelphia International Airport has seven terminals - A-West, A-East, B, C, D, E & F (Terminals B & C and D & E are connected), with access to corresponding garages. (For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.
Airport Recent News
The Airport itself will be expanded - using largely undeveloped parcels of land - to be completed in phases over a 12-15 year span. Within this time period the following improvements are to be made: extension of runway, taxiway, designing new APM (automated people mover); construction of consolidated rental car facility, redesign of Terminal B/C for new ticketing, baggage & security screening; and many airport rehab infrastructure projects, roof, window, & escalator replacements, new restrooms & security upgrades.
8000 Essington Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19153
Contact: [email protected]
Phone: (215) 937 6937