Can I make a 32-minute connection?
Wondering if I can make a 32 minute connection in Feb [more]Sage Schmidt 01/05/2020
Getting through security today
How much time do we need to anticipate to get through [more]Melanie 12/01/2019
30 minute layover to make connection on different concourses
My flight from arrives at 7: 44 Pm on D3 concourse a [more]Jackiefen 11/11/2019
30 min layover in SLC
My flight from SNA arrives at 7:44pm and my flight to [more]Jackiefen 11/09/2019
Salt Lake City International Overview
As Utah's primary airport, SLC is one of the nation’s largest airports. It is also an Emergency Medical Dispatch / IAED-accredited airport. Delta's third-largest hub has its reservation center headquartered here. PC World Magazine considers SLC Airport as one of the best airports for Tech Travelers. Not only is the Airport within an hour's range from 11 major ski resorts, but it is also a gateway to 42 state parks, and numerous golf courses, the closest of which is the Wingpointe Golf Course adjacent to the Airport.
Airport Stats & Facts
With over 25 million passengers annually, SLC Airport is only a 10-minute ride northwest to downtown Salt Lake City via Interstate Hwy 80 and is close to I-215. The Salt Lake Palace Convention Center and downtown hotels can be reached within 15 minutes. Salt Lake City Airport is hub to Delta Air Lines and is served by major airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Passenger Pickup /Dropoff: Delta passengers exit from Terminal 2. International Arrivals exit from International Terminal. All other passengers exit from Terminal 1. Pickup & dropoff lanes in front of the terminals are separated. For passenger pickup, use the 'Park & Wait Lot'* (free cell phone lot) - now relocated to the west of Terminal Drive/ south of Terminal 1 Terminal 1. Wait in the car until your party collected bags & calls you to be picked up at the curb.
Salt Lake City Airport currently has three passenger terminals - T1, T2 & the International Terminal IT - connected on level 2 to each other and to their concourses. (For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.)
Airport Recent News
A consolidated passenger terminal with North & South Concourses will replace current facilities: The new Airport Development Project started July 2014. (Once completed, it will be easier to navigate, eliminate air carrier bottlenecks on the airfield and allow them to turn around and get quicker airbound again:
- A New Roadway System & Light Rail Station: (a) A new roadway system will separate Arrivals & Departures. (b) UTA Airport light rail station will be relocated and will connect with the new terminal.
- New Parking Garage, Rental Car Facility: Construction starts on a new 5-level parking garage with a 2-level rental car facility:
- The 5-level Garage will have rental car facilities on level 1, short-term parking on level 2 & long-term parking on levels 3 - 5.
- A 2-level rental car customer service building will be at the north side of the Garage - housing on the upper level entrances to two pedestrian bridges to terminal, self-serve airline check-in kiosks & the related light rail station. A quick rental car turn-around facility will be built south of the new Garage.
- A substantial new detour on Terminal Drive now turns south, with an added one-third mile loop around before rejoining current Terminal Drive will be in place through 2020.
- The North Concourse project is to replace the current B, C & D gates - to be built in two phases:
- Phase 1, to be completed by Fall 2020, includes a new Terminal, a west portion of two new concouses, a new parking garage twice the size of the current one, and a Central Utility Plant.
- Phase 2, to be completed by 2023/24, is to start with the demolition of the old parking garage, and some time thereafter with demolition of the old concourses - allowing for construction start on the east portion of the new concourses.
776 North Terminal Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84122
Contact: [email protected]
Phone: (801) 575 2400