Salt Lake City Airport (SLC) is a civil-military airport in the United States and is operated by the Salt Lake City Department of Airports. It covers an area of over 7,700 acres (3,116 ha).
The airport is located about 4 miles (6.4 km) west of Downtown Salt Lake City, Utah in the US. SLC is within a 30-minute drive of nearly 1.3 million jobs and is the closest commercial airport for more than 2.5 million people. It is also an Emergency Medical Dispatch / IAED-accredited airport
Airport Stats & Facts
- SLC Airport has over 300 scheduled non stop airline departures per day to more than 90 cities in the US, Canada, Mexico, and Europe.
- Not only is the Airport within an hour's range from 11 major ski resorts
- In April 2017, SLC ranked first for on-time departures and arrivals and also for the percentage of cancellations.
- It is the 28th busiest airport in the world, in terms of aircraft operations.
- The airport is undergoing a $4B redevelopment program, the first phase of which will be opening in September 2020.
Maps, Airlines & Amenities
Airport Traveling Tips
- SLC Airport is busy during the morning hours between 5 am to 7 am.
- Arrive 2 hours before a domestic flight departure and 3 hours before an international flight departure to account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
- Take a few minutes to look at the Salt Lake City Airport map before heading to the airport for a flight.
- For arriving flights: SLC Arriving Flight Status provides Salt Lake City airport arrival times, delays, time-to-land, and gate info.
- For departing flights: SLC Departing Flight Status lists actual vs scheduled departure times, flight delays, map tracking, and SLC airport gate info.
- To get the best fares at Salt Lake Airport, book a flight at SLC airport here.
The airport has 3 passenger terminals with five concourses - C, D, E, F, and G, and 83 gates in total. To see the terminal locations and for additional information, please refer to the Salt Lake City Airport terminal map.
This terminal has 2 concourses - Concourse G (formerly Concourse A) and Concourse F (formerly Concourse B).
The Ground level of Terminal 1 houses airline ticket counters to the right, baggage carousels 1-4 at left, with screening area at center.
It is located between terminals 1 and 3 and connected to Concourse C.
This terminal has Concourse D and
Salt Lake City Airport is the fourth-largest hub for Delta Air Lines. It also serves various other airlines including JetBlue, Frontier Airlines, United Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and more.
Short-term and Long-term Parking
Parking at SLC Airport is available at all the terminals. From hourly and daily parking to long-term parking, there are several parking options at Salt Lake City Airport.
Many parking lots offer affordable off-site parking near SLC Airport. Most of the off-site parking lots allow 24/7 access.
After arriving at the airport, passengers have several options for ground transport to their next destination. Some of the transportation options include airport shuttles, car rentals, and buses. In addition, many passengers also utilize ride services like Uber, Lyft, and taxis.
Airport Car Rental
Car Rentals are a breeze at SLC. There are multiple car rental agencies onsite at the airport. Hertz, Enterprise, National, and other well-known car rental providers offer airport travelers a large variety of vehicles to choose from.
Airport Shuttle Services are a great way to travel from Salt Lake City Airport. With the availability of various shuttle services, you can get a ride to almost any nearby location.
Buses & Trains
Public transportation is available from the airport to all major areas nearby. The new TRAX light-rail Green Line to City Center runs every 15 minutes on weekdays /every 20 minutes on weekends.
Amenities & Services at SLC Airport
To help you enjoy your stay, Salt Lake City Airport provides visitors with many different amenities and services including:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Shoeshine stations and massage bars.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the entire airport.
- Currency exchange.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- Separate pick up and drop off areas are available for arriving and departing passengers at SLC. The far left lane is for pick up and the right lane is for drop off.
- The airport’s free park and wait lot allow drivers to wait for arriving passengers until they are ready to be picked up.
Address: 776 North Terminal Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84122, USA
Phone: (801) 575 2400
Have you lost an item at the airport? Lost & Found
Salt Lake City Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- In 1933, the first terminal and airport administration building were built.
- In 1968, the airport was named Salt Lake City International Airport.
- In 1991, SLC opened a new short-term parking garage.
- In 1995, a new runway along with the International Terminal and Concourse E was opened.
- In 2001, Concourse E was expanded for additional gates.
- In 2002, there were heavy crowds at the airport as Salt lake City welcomed more than 1 million visitors for the Winter Olympics.
- In 2008, SLC Airport handled more than 1 lakh metric tonnes of cargo.
- Currently, construction is going on at the airport for a new single terminal and two linear concourses with 78 gates.
- Phase 1 of the terminal is scheduled to open in September 2020, and Phase 2 in 2024.
Salt Lake City Airport Q&A
Which concourse is used for flights to JFK?
By John A Miller - Monday, 20 September, 2021, 7:43 PM[Answered By: APB]
I have a mother who can’t walk very far. Does this airport offer transportation to the Delta Airlines gate?
By Kathy - Monday, 20 September, 2021, 4:38 PM[Answered By: APB]