Coming form Vancouver
Do we need to claim our checked luggage when coming b [more]Jgs 14 hr ago
Time to connect
Is 52 minutes enough time going from a delta flight t [more]Tp 04/15/2018
Phoenix to London
Trip to London from Phoenix with connecting flight in [more]dgdn 04/03/2018
Delta transfer at slc
I'm flying from SMF to SLC. Plan lands at 7:36pm in t [more]Lelansld 04/02/2018
With over 23 million passenges in 2016, SLC Airport is is only a 10-minute ride northwest to downtown Salt Lake City via Interstate Hwy 80 and is close to I-215 (Belt Route). The Salt Lake Palace Convention Center and downtown hotels can be reached within 15 minutes.With over 20M passengers annually and three major runways, Salt Lake City Airport is hub to Delta Air Lines and is served by major airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. However, Delta presently represents nearly three quarters of all airlines.
- A substantial new detour on Terminal Drive now turns south, with an added one-third mile loop around before rejoining current Terminal Drive will be in place through 2020.
- Passenger Pickup /Dropoff: Delta passengers exit from Terminal 2. International Arrivals exit from International Terminal. All other passengers exit from Terminal 1. Pickup & dropoff lanes in front of the terminals are separated. For passenger pickup, use the 'Park & Wait Lot'* (free cell phone lot) - now relocated to the west of Terminal Drive/ south of Terminal 1 Terminal 1. Wait in the car until your party collected bags & calls you to be picked up at the curb.
Current Airlines, their telephone numbers, terminals & curbside check-ins:
Air Canada, tel. 888-247-2262 - at T1 - curbside check-in 8:30pm-10pm
Alaska, tel. 800-252-7522 - at T1 - curbside check-in 8am-5pm
American, tel. 800-433-7300 - at T1
Delta*, tel. 800-221-1212 - at T2 - curbside check-in 5am-11pm; & at parking garage 5:15am-4:15pm
Frontier, tel. 800-432-1359 - at T1
JetBlue, tel. 800-538-2583 - at T1
KLM Royal Dutch, tel. 800-618-0104 - at T2
Southwest, tel. 800-435-9792 - at T1 - curbside check-in 4:30am-8:30pm
United, tel. 800-241-6522 - at T1 - curbside check-in 4am-6:30pm
SKYCAP service depends on the season. Confirm service times by contacting your airline.
Airlines' wheelchair service to the gate is also available curbside.
* While Delta is now adding flights to Miami - it intends to add more Latin America flights and offer larger carriers after 2020.
NOTICE: in late August 2017 SLC advised that it expects to gradually implement 'hardstand operations' for select flight (due to growing gate demand and limited capacity). This means that at peak times aircraft is parked on the ramp and arriving or departing passengers are transported to /from their plane by shuttle bus.
Salt Lake City Airport currently has three passenger terminals - T1, T2 & the International Terminal IT - connected on level 2 to each other and to their concourses. (For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.)
Current & Future Airport Developments:
A consolidated passenger terminal with North & South Concourses will replace current facilities: The new Airport Development Project started July 2014. (Once completed, it will be easier to navigate, eliminate air carrier bottlenecks on the airfield and allow them to turn around and get quicker airbound again:
- The South Concourse project started May 2016.
- The North Concourse project is to replace the current B, C & D gates - to be built in two phases:
- Phase 1, to be completed by Fall 2020, includes a new Terminal, a west portion of two new concouses, a new parking garage twice the size of the current one, and a Central Utility Plant.
- Phase 2, to be completed by 2023/24, is to start with the demolition of the old parking garage, and some time thereafter with demolition of the old concourses - allowing for construction start on the east portions of the new concourses.
New Parking Garage, Rental Car Facility: Construction starts on a new 5-level parking garage with a 2-level rental car facility:
- The 5-level Garage will have rental car facilities on level 1, short-term parking on level 2 & long-term parking on levels 3 - 5.
- A 2-level rental car customer service building will be at north side of the Garage - housing on the upper level entrances to two pedestrian bridges to terminal, self-serve airline check-in kiosks & the related light rail station. A quick rental car turn-around facility will be built south of the new Garage.