Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
Travel between concourse 1 and concourse 2
I am flying into Terminal 1 on Alaska and need to go [more]sv 01/18/2018
T1 to T2 with 1 hour layover
I’ll be arriving Terminal 1 with Alaska Airlines at 9 [more]Roland 01/13/2018
SAN-Not Connection Friendly
If you plan on using SAN to connect, it's best not to [more]No for SAN 01/02/2018
Connecting Flight Times
Arriving in San Diego via Alaska Air @11:04am. Leavi [more]Coops 10/09/2017
San Diego Airport ( SAN ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
The passenger terminal complex at San Diego International Airport consists of two active passenger terminals - T1 & T2, which are next to each other connected by a walkway. (The former Commuter Terminal next to the Air Cargo Building is now only used for administrative purposes - pending future decisions.)
NOTE: At 'Airport Revenue News Awards' in 2015, San Diego Airport was the winner of 'Best Overall Concessions Program'.
Paging Someone: Visual paging monitors are available throughout the terminals - use any of the wite courtesy phones or call from outside the Airport: 619-400-2900.
Getting around at SAN:
- BothTerminals are served, at their curbside bus stops, by accessible & free Red Bus shuttles running every 10 minutes.
- Outside of Terminal 1 is a Skybridge to parking and ground transportation, the Red Shuttle Bus stop, the City Bus stop, Ground Transportation Plaza, passenger pick-up / drop-off and valet parking.
- Domestic arrivals can transfer between East & West Wings of T1 or T2.
- The large Neal Ash USO Center (tel. 619-296-3192) is in Terminal 1, next to the Alaska Airlines ticket counter.
International Arrivals: International Arrivals are at Terminal 2. Unless you have gone through US border clearance by participating airports, you need to go through passport check, retrieve checked bags, go through customs clearance* and - if transferring to another flight - re-check-in bag and (if needing to connect to another terminal) take the outside shuttle bus to your connection terminal, go through security check and on to your gate.
* Note that SAN now has eight self-service APC kiosks at Customs clearance - available to passengers holding US or Canadian passports, or are citizens of Visa Waver countries.
TERMINAL DETAILS: All terminals offer food & drink and retail outlets, including at their gate areas.
Terminal 1 of San Diego Airport houses sparate check-in areas for Southwest Airlines (east) and Alaska & Frontier airlines (west), with separate security checkpoints leading to East gates 1 - 10 served by Southwest airines, and West Gates 11 - 18, served by Alaska & Frontier. The center houses the baggage claim. At the Alaska/ Frontier Airline check-in area has a connector to Terminal 2's international gates 20 & 21.
In the center is the baggage claim area, and to the left the Alaska & United ticketing & check-in area. A Skybridge leads to parking & ground transportation.
Amenities inside the terminal include restaurants & stores, US Customs, currency exchange, Information booth, ATM machine, 1. Lactation /Mother's rooms are in both the South and East Rotunda (on level 2, across from elevator, on the ground level, near Southwest Airline gates 3-10.
Outside of Terminal 1 are transportation zones A - F and G - J, divided by the Sky Bridge; The MTS Bus stations are near Zone G and A.
- ATMs at T1 are available at gates 1 & 2, pst checkpoint; at Lobby across form food court; at Southwest Airlines, near gate 5 and at Alaska Airlines near gate 13.
NOTE: A new Terminal 1 has been debated in the past 2 years - with no final decision so far.
Terminal 2 of San Diego Airport - divided at check-in & departure areas into East (T2E) & West (T2W side terminals:
- T2E with gates 20-32, has check-in facilitites for Allegiant Air, British Airways, Japan Airlines, Volaris & WestJet - with American at opposite side -followed by joint security check in the center.
- T2W with gates 33 - 51, has check-in facilities for Delta, JetBlue, Spirit & Virgin America - with Hawaiian, Sun Country, United & Air Canada on opposite sides of the security check in the center.
Passengers can obtain boarding passes at 'Smart Curbs' outside of the terminal, and self-check-in bags at kiosks inside.
On the elevated Departure Roadway (EDR) are the East & West Pavillions with baggage claims (at east 1 - 6, at west 7 & 8) - both of which connect to the separate ticketing & check-in level of T2E & T2W. From/to EDR is a walkway to the Arrivals level of Terminal 2, which includes 2 information counters currency exchange*, Lost & Found, and baggage claims 1 - 6. A Lactation /Mother's room is on level 2, ner gates 34-45. Outside of Terminal 2 are transportation zones K and R - Bus stations are near Zone O and R. The USO facility is on the ground level of T2.
* Travelex Currency exchange services are available at (a) in baggage claim across from carousel 3 (619-260-1921) and two mobile units past checkpoint near gate 22 (619-200-3530).
NOTE: T2 completed its extensive upgrade work by creating a new ticket lobby, adding new jet gates, renovating existing gates, adding more shopping & dining options, a spa & a duty-free shop. Two new pedestian sky bridges connect the dual-level roadway to the terminal. T2's gateway area offers 14 restaurants, including the 1,900 sq.foot 'The Prado' (based on award-winning 'The Prado at Balboa Park') - marking the completion of the Airport's Development Program, which included the expansion of concession options from 55 to 84, adding local & national favorites (The Pacifica, Breeze Cafe, Panda Express, Jack in the Box), and the refurbishment of shopping & dining offerings.
- Construction is to begin on the T2 West's new Federal Inspection Services facility with Customs & Border Protection & other international passenger arrival services, to e completed by June 2018.
Current Airline Lounges:
- American Airlines Admirals Club - T2, inside security, to the left. (tel. 1-800-237-7971)
- Delta Sky Club - T2, between gates 37 & 38 (tel. 1-800-221-1212)
- United Club - T1, Mezzanine level (tel. 1-800-241-6522).
- Airspace Lounge operated by Swissport is a common-use lounge - located at post-security, in the corridor between T2E & T2W. It offers views, full food & bar menu, shower facilities & comfortable seating: open daily. (Fee: $25/day, with free entry for AMEX Platinum & Centurion cardholders.)