12 hours in airport between flights on different airlines.
Arriving at 11pm and staying at Airport Hotel. Next f [more]PB 01/09/2019
terminal 2 to terminal 3 in 1 hour
Hi. We arrive in Sinapore from Kuala Lumpur an hour [more]eo 09/19/2018
T2 Layover to T1 Hotel
Hi Is it easy to move inside the airport. For example [more]Ben 01/05/2018
My booking shows my flight from Perth arrives at term [more]Jan R 11/13/2017
Changi Airport is like a small city, offering everything the traveler needs for comfort, including a movie theater, a swimming pool and a variety of first-class international eateries and shops. Sight-seeing tours to the nearby city are designed to fit in neatly between connecting flights. Year after year, Changi Airport is honored with awards - it recently added six more 'Best Airport' awards, including 'Best International Airport' and 'Best Airport in the World' awards from Skytrax for the 5th time. And, to top it all, for the fifth year in a row Changi Airport received from Skytrax the award for 'World's Best Airport'!
It may be noted that Changi Airport pays tribute once a year to its front-line personnel, support & maintenance staff for their excellent service and their outstanding contributions.
Serving 58.7M passengers in 2016, Changi Airport is hub to Singapore Airlines, Jetstar, Silkair, Asia Airways, Tiger Airways & Valuair and secondary hub to Qantas, and is served by a myriad of national and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. All nine Asian neighbor countries are now served by Changi Airport. Its top five routes include Jakarta, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Bankgkok & Manila. Changi Airport is also a key stopover for flights from Europe to Australia.
- Transfer passengers of Tiger Airways and its affiliates are offered easy transfers, with no need for travel visa, immigration clearance or retrieval & re-check-in of their bags.
Changi Airport has presently four terminals - T1, T2, T3 & the JetQuay CIP Terminal.
- The 9-story Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel, linked to Terminal 3 by a covered walkway, with the large Crowne Plaza Club Lounge and conference facilities. Skytrax awarded it the 'World's Best Airport Hotel' in 2017.
- The new Aerotel at T1offers airside outdoor swimming pool & pool-side bar.
- Transit hotels for hourly & overnight stays are inside of Terminals 1, 2 & 3 (in T1, at level 3, Transit Mall East; in T2, level 3, Transit Mall South; and in T3, Mezzanine level 3 at Transit Mall North). For Terminal 1 call (65 6542) 5538, for T2 call 8122 & for T3 call 9788) - Transit Hotels are intended for a short rest between flights and to freshen up - no need to clear Immigration.
Present and future Airport developments:
- New Terminal 4 will officially open after its Aug. 20, 2017 'Open House'.
- Jewel Complex construction (outside of T1) and T2 expansion: At the site of an outdoor carpark the 'Jewel complex' and the simultaneous Terminal 2 expansion (adding over 70 percent floor space on arrivals & baggage claim halls) will link Jewel, T2 and the MRT Mass Rapid Transit station. Also, a new Airport hotel and carpark will be added - all to be completion by 2018/19.
- Construction on a new Terminal 5 with 4 levels started in February 2017 - located near airside of new T4 and covering an area of 870,000 sq.feet and designed to handle 20M passengers annually, is tentatively scheduled for completion by 2019, and will include a parking facility connected to the main terminal via monorail. Construction on T5 is to be ongoing into 2027/2030. Two MRT lines will be in place upon Terminal opening for quick transfer into the City.
- As first step towards a three-runway system at Changi Airport, the main construction contractor was officially selected for the 'first package' of works. The runway currently used by the military will be converted to civilian use & extended to handle larger aircraft, while supporting taxiways will be developed to connect new Runway 3 to Changi Airport. The 3-runway sysem may be in place by the 'early 2020s'.
- NEW SELETAR AIRPORT: Moving turboprop flights by late 2018 to Seletar Airport for more jet aircraft operations: Groundbeaking In October 2016 on new 2-level passenger terminal at Seletar Airport (able to handle 700,000 passengers annually), is to free up more space at Changi in order to replace it with more jet aircraft operations. The new 9,500 sq.meter terminal - with each 4 check-in & immigration counters, 2 security screening stations and a holdroom for up to 200 passengers - will include an area of 500 sq.meters, intended for business passengers. The current old terminal will then be demolished.