wheelchair needed at front door 6.16.19
My father-in-law is flying from SBN on June 16. He wi [more]Al Eicken 06/04/2019
Short term parking
What is the cost of short term parking? Is one charge [more]DAN 12/17/2018
I was wondering if you can exchange currency from US [more]Ann Osgood 04/03/2018
Arrival time and TSA wait ttime
What time should I arrive for a 6:30 am flight ? What [more]*** 10/28/2016
SBN Airport is only a few miles south of South Bend, in the very northern part of Indiana, close to the state border of Michigan (within a 35-mile drive west to Lake Michigan). It has easy access to Interstate Hwys 80/90 and to State Hwy 20/31. With its own South Shore Train Platform station (outside of the Terminal's door H - with an inside train waiting area and adjacent train ticket office), it can also be reached directly via the South Shore railroad/ NICTD.
With 657,397 passengers in 2016, South Bend Regional Airport is served by a number of major airlines offering direct flights to major U.S. hubs, with connections worldwide.
- The Airport operates year-round on Eastern Time.
- It is recommended that you arrive at the Airport no later than 90 minutes prior to your scheduled departure.
- For inquiries go to the Airport Authority window next to the South Shore waiting area & Allegiant Air ticket counter - open 6am-10pm.
- The terminal offers a Federal Inspection Station.
The passenger terminal at South Bend International Airport can be recognized by its arching translucent panel roof providing bright daylight, and by its large windows. It is open 4am to last flight of the day (about 11:30pm). The Information Center next to South Shore waiting area & Allegiant ticket counter is staffed daily, 6am-10pm. The bus station is open 24/7, accessilbe through doors A & B.
The Terminal offers the following services and amenities (aside from free WiFi, family restrooms, wheelchairs, water bottle refill station between gates 6 & 7 and Business centers at pre- and post-seurity), are listed listed here from west to east end:
- Doors A & B lead to Custodial Office, (Freight Agent & Bus Ticket office have separate entry next to Door A with adjacent bus terminal).
- Between doors B & C is the first-aid station, Police, Coach USA counter, Snack shop, lounge and Bendix room.
- Between doors D & E are rental car counters, new Information Center; Visitor's Center & ATM machine, as well as the baggage claim, a gift shop, leading to the Concourse with security check and gates.
- Between doors E & F are meditation room, business center, ticket counters for United Express, and Delta, & Aviation museum.
- Between doors F & G is Valet parking (outside), the Studebaker Room, Train Ticket Office, South Shore train waiting area, Allegiant ticket counter and Airport office.
- Door H exits to the South Shore Train platform.
- Near the United Express counter is a corridor to the security checkpoint and to Concourse A with gates 1 to 9. This area has an ATM machine, a playport for kids, & Flight Deck Deli.
- For Lost/Found items call 574-282-4590, ext. 0; or (if lost/found at security checkpoint area: call TSA Security at 574-520-2006.
Current airlines serving the terminal:
- Allegiant - tel. 702-505-8888; to Las Vegas LAS, Orlando/Sanford SFB, Phoenix-Mesa AZA, Fort Myers/ Punta Gorda PGD & Tampa/St. Petersburg PIE
- Delta - tel. 800-221-1212; to Atlanta ATL, Detroit DTW, & Minneapolis MSP
- United - tel. 800-241-6522; to Chicago O'Hare ORD, & Newark EWR
Transportation: The bus station is open 24/7 and can be accessed through Doors A & B. Also, the Airport Authority window next to the Allegiant ticket counter is staffed daily 6am-10pm. Uber & Lyft ride-share service is available.
The South Shore Railroad /NICTD station is located right inside the Airport and its boarding platform for Train line 7 has now been completed.(Tel. 574-233-3111 or visit: nictd.com/). The Station is outside Door H of the passenger terminal (with an inside waiting area and train ticket office). The train serves cities throughout northwest Indiana, with a final stop in downtown Chicago (the full trip takes 2hrs 20mins). NOTE: While South Bend is on Eastern Time, all other stations observe Central Time!
To South Bend:
- Transpo City Bus (tel. 574-232-9901 or visit www.sbtranspo.com) - buses leave terminal every 30 mins. Transpo City Bus also provides shuttle service to the Notre Dame Stadium on game days - departing by the South Shore Station's east ed at the Airport.
- Hoosier Ride (tel. 502-368-5644 or 800-544-2383 or visit hoosierride.com) with ticket sales at Airport; serves South Bend stopping in Elkhart, LaPaz, Rochester, Peru & Kokomo - with Greyhound terminal connection
To Goshen & Elkhart: Troley bus connects Airport with Goshen & Elkhart - contact Interurban Trolley (574-674-4094 or visit interurbantrolley.com).
To Northwest Indiana (including Chicago): Take the South Shore railroad (see above).
To Midway & O'Hare Airports: Coach USA (at Gary call 800-248-8747; at Mishawaka call 800-833-555; or visit busville.com) offers transfers eight times a day.