Online check-in & baggage payment
Southwest Airlines Check-in Online: Within 24 hrs of scheduled departure flight; then simply drop off bags at “Baggage Drop” or curbside check-in station within 6 hrs of departure. Higher fees apply for Airport check-in. Check-in closes 45 min. prior to flights with U.S., Puerto Rico & U.S. Virgin Islands, and 1 hr prior to international flights.
Carry-on Baggage Rules & Fees
You may carry (a) on one bag up to 10x16x24 inches, or 50 linear inches; (b) one personal item (briefcase, garment bag, laptop computer, purse or small backpack) and (3) camera, umbrella, diaper bag, assistive devices, outer garments, reading material & on-board food. All items must fit either into the overhead bin or under your seat. If baggage cannot be safely stowed it will be moved to to the aircraft's baggage hull, considered as checked baggage, and charged accordingly.
Checked Baggage Rules & Fees
Luggage checked curbside or at ticket counter under 30 mins prior to departure will be tagged as 'Late Check-In'. These US Airports require a 45-minute checkin: Baltimore/Washington, Chicago Midway, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angesles, Phoenix, Orlando & Washington Dulles. If late-tagged baggage does not arrive at your destination, passenger will have to pay delivery charges.
BAGGAGE RULES & FEES BY DESTINATION
- Destination All Destinations
- Linear dimensions/weight 62 inches; 50 lbs.
- Regular size & weight fees First two bags are free; $50 each for bags 3-9; $110 each for bags 9 & over
- Overweight fees $50 for each bag from 50 to 100 pounds; over 100 pounds must be shipped by Air Cargo.
- Oversized fees $50 for each bag/item over 62 inches, not exceeding 80 inches.