- Ground Transportation Level: rental cars; hotel information; taxi/ shared van; parking.
- Curb Level: Metrobus 5A serving L’Enfant and Rosslyn; Air & Space Museum Shuttle Bus; Hotel Pick Up; Rental Car Shuttle
- Near the walkways to the Daily Garage 1: The Washington Flyer's SuperShuttle vans
- Ground level, outside at right end of the terminal: The Washington Flyer Coach to the Metro Station.
- Note that Uber & Lyft offer shared-ride taxi services.
The 5A Express Metrobus to downtown Washington makes stops at Terminal's arrivals level, down the ramp at curb location 2E and continues to Rosslyn (Virginia) Metrorail station (with connections to Orange/Blue lines), and to L'Enfant Plaza (Washington) Metrorail Station.
The Fairfax Connector bus, Routes 981 & 983: The local bus 981 stops at the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum, while bus 983 serves the museum (during opening hours). Both routes serve locations in Reston, including the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail station. For more info & alerts, open: www.fairfaxconnector.com or call 703-339-7200.
By Bus toTrain:
The new Silverline Express Train (part of 'Metrorail' system)* - has currently reached the Wiehle-Reston East Train Station - getting to it requires taking the Silverline Express Bus, which runs between Dulles Airport and the Wiehle-Reston East Train Station*, running every 20 minutes, and taking 15 minutes - costing $5 (cash/credit); combined with Metrorail fare, passengers get to anywhere within the Metrorail system at $11. The blue-color bus offers free WiFi, baggage storage & curbside-to-curbside service. For more information visit: flydulles.com/silverlineexpress.
- Passengers heading to the Airport and arrive by car at the Parking Garage off Wiehle Ave. - can take the pedestrian bridge over to the Whiele-Reston East Metro stop, where they can board the Silver Line Express to the Airport.
- Arriving passengers and heading to downtown Washington: On arrival at the station, buy your Metrorail fare card and board the train headed for 'New Carrollton' (downtown Washington).
For general information about Metrorail open: www.mwata.com/7922.htm or call 202-637-7000 /TTY 638-3780 - or 1-888-WASHFLY.
* By 2018 the Silver line of the Dulles Metro Rail is to reach Dulles Airport - involving a 23-mile extension of Metro's existing Orange line from East Falls Church West to Dulles Airport and Loudon County. While the first phase has been completed , Phase 2 (started 2013), will continue - involving the remaining 11.4 miles with six stations: Reston Town center, Herndon, Innovation Center, Washington Dulles Airport, Routes 606 & 772/Ashburn. The fare is currently $5, cash/credit card only, (no SmartTrip Cards accepted)
For progress on the Dulles Corridor MetrorailProject, open www.dullesmetro.com or ww.wmata.com/safetrack, - or call 703-572-0506.