Airlines and airports have made the check-in process easy and fast for passengers. Apart from online check-in and mobile phone check-in, you can also check-in through airline kiosks.
Kiosks is a touchscreen device that allows the passengers to do self-check-in and pay with credit as well as debit cards, whichever is suitable. You will also get a boarding pass at the end of the kiosks process, which helps to save time at busy airports.
The best part is that Airline kiosks are easy to use and convenient. With this service, you can do the check-in at any time on the day of departure.
This self-service check in the machine can process in different languages, including English, German, Spanish, Chinese (both traditional and simplified), Japanese, French, Portuguese, and more.
You can use the Airline Kiosks For Following Things
- Change your seats or flights
- Check-in your bags or luggage
- Report lost bags or luggage
- Purchase tickets
- Print your ticket receipts
- Update your information, if you are a frequent passenger of the airline
- Find information regarding return flights
- The self-service checkpoints are situated in different areas in the airports to avoid overcrowding of the people.
- Before starting the identification process, you need to confirm the following things:
- You have your flight confirmation number
- Baggage for check-in
- National Identity Card that is issued by the government
- Other things like credit cards or frequent flyer cards/numbers also need in the identification process during self-check-in.
How to Use Airline Kiosks for Airport Check-In?
- Tap the touch screen lightly and push the button on the screen
- Search for the barcode (flight information code or ticket number). This is mandatory for identification purposes.
- Once found, the passenger's name o the screen and itinerary will come up
- Select your name or name of the other passengers to check-in using the computer keyboard feature on the screen
- Enter the number of bags for check-in
- Make any desired changes in the itinerary
- Press the 'enter' button to confirm flight information
- Now, you will get a printed boarding pass as well as receipts from the Kiosks
- Leave checked bags at the baggage drop off point
- Head on for the security check
How Kiosks Helps In Transforming The Airport Travel Experience?
Various airports are using kiosks for better customer service and cut airport congestion. Many airports and airlines have implanted touch screen kiosks where you can easily check-in to your flight, and print boarding passes. So, this helps to reduce the overcrowding of the people.
- Automated currency
In some airports, the authorities have even installed a self-service currency exchange machine. With these automated machines, passengers will be able to withdraw cash quickly within the airport.
- Gate check
Gate checking is the process of checking your bag at the gate that is to be stored in the cargo. The scanners used in gate checking will issue gate passes and confirm selected seats. When you come to the departure gate, they scan their own boarding passes. This self-service was designed to reduce the time that used to waste in long lines before taking off.
- Baggage handling
Baggage handling kiosks means to deploy the machines at terminal check-ins. By using these self-service machines, you can print your bag tags and drop your luggage onto conveyor belts without waiting for hours in long lines.
- Advertisements and promotions
The usage of touchscreen technology is increasing day by day, and people pay more attention to the things which are presented on the screen. This is why airport kiosks are an ideal mode of communicating the message out to the public.