Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport has a three-story passenger terminal, which includes a shopping area and food court, with two concourses A and B. Both concourses at the Baton Rouge Airport are linked centrally at the main terminal building structure.
The three-leveled main terminal is structured as follows:
Level 1 houses the ticket counters for Delta, United, and American airlines to the right, as well as the baggage claim carousels towards the left. Adjacent to the carousels, there are the baggage offices for Delta and United airlines. Across the ticket counters, you can find a Gift Shop. At the center of the level, there is an Information Centre along with an information kiosk and a Conference Room. To the left of the entrance, there is an Electronic Parking Pay station. Across the Conference Room, you can find an area with all the restrooms and a lactation room. There are two vending machines made available on this level.
Level 2 houses a centralized security checkpoint leading to the two concourse area: Concourse A and B. Male and Female restrooms and a vending machine is located at the far right. There is a skywalk leading up to the public parking area. Inside the skywalk, an ATM Machine is located.
Level 3 provides an airfield view of the entire terminal area.
Concourse A of the Main Terminal has four gates labeled as Gates A1-A4. Gate A1 is served by United and Gate A2 and A4 is served by Delta. The services and amenities inside Concourse A include a Departure Lounge, Electronics Charging Lounge, Male/Female/Family restrooms, and a Lactation room.
Concourse B of the Main Terminal has two gates labeled as Gates B1-B2. This Concourse is served by American Airlines. The services and amenities inside Concourse B include two Departure Lounges, a Gift Shop, an ATM Machine, a Business Centre, Play Room / Arcade, Reading Area / Chapel, Vending Machine, Male and Female restrooms, and a Lactation Room.
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around BTR airport. Some notable shops and restaurants include Wow Cafe, Full-Service Bars, PJ’s Coffee, Paradies Lagardere, Rosie’s Gourmet Popcorn, and Shoeshine. All these services can be found in the designated shopping and dining areas on the first and second floors.
The security checkpoints at the BTR airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the concourses and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Baton Rouge Airport Security Wait Times Page.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time
- Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport.
- All terminals have wheelchairs for the convenience of the passengers
- When traveling with kids, keep items to keep them busy and engaged such as games, laptops, books, snacks, or others depending on their interest. 2-3 bottles of baby formula are permissible beyond the checkpoints. Can be 5-6 for international flights.
- Keep an itinerary at home for your family and friends to be able to reach you in case of any emergencies.
- Smoking is only permissible 15 feet away from the terminal area.
- When traveling with pets or other animals:
- Review the airline policies beforehand
- All pets are to remain inside the carries in the terminals, except for service animals
- In case of lost items:
- Call your airline for lost items inside the aircraft
- Call 225-355-2068 for lost items elsewhere