Erie International Airport (EIA), Tom Ridge Field, is located 5 miles southwest of the city. Erie Airport has competition from the Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Toronto airports.
ERI is named after Tom Ridge, a former governor of Pennsylvania and former United States Secretary of Homeland Security.
Airport Stats & Facts
- Erie International Airport is a public domestic airport with three major destinations - Chicago O'Hare, Charlotte, and Washington Dulles.
- Erie Airport announced a non-stop service to Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) in Feb. 2020. It enabled a grant of $292,000 from the US Department of Transportation's Small Community Air Service Development Program.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Getting to the Erie Airport is not difficult. You can get there through Interstates 90 and 79.
- It is best to arrive 60-180 minutes before your flight, depending on the destination and relevant restrictions.
- However, ensure that you follow the airline guidelines, so you don't waste precious time.
- Go through ERI Airport Map, before heading to the airport for a flight.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- Parking at the Erie Airport is easy and accessible.
- The parking lot is directly opposite the main terminal. Parking is free for the first 20 minutes.
- Regardless of whether you’re picking someone up, dropping them off, or leaving yourself, the parking is ideal.
- For arriving flights: Arrival flight status provides the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Erie International Airport.
- For departing flights: At Departing flight status you can have a look at the scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- For the best deals, book a flight at ERI here.
The EIA has seven gates on one terminus, making it easier to get to where you want to go. If you have a long layover and are looking for ways to spend your time, Erie has you covered.
You can look at the Erie Airport Terminal map to help you get directions
Erie International Airport has two major airlines – United and American Airlines – with non-stop flights to three destinations and over 1,100 different connections.
You can access short-term parking off the main airport entrance. Follow the signs. The prices are subject to change without notice.
Cost for short-term parking
Free for the first 20 minutes
- $2.00 for 40 minutes
- $3.00 for an hour
- $2.00 for every extra hour
- $15.00 for a 24-hour park
Costs for long-term parking:
- 20 minutes: Free
- 60 minutes: $3.00
- Extra hour: $2.00
- 24 hours: $12.00
- Seven Days (7th day free): $72.00
Passengers have a variety of transportation options to choose from after arriving at the ERI Airport.
Hotels at Erie offer Limousine and cabs to and from the airport. They also offer limousine services by Rupp Limousine.
Car rental counters of Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National are available at the airport.
Route 31 on the Erie Metropolitan Transit Authority's bus stops at the airport.
Amenities & Services
Erie International Airport provides plenty of amenities and services for visitors to have a great time at the airport.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Vending machines, and banks/ATMs.
Address: Tom Ridge Field, 4411 West 12th Street, Erie, PA 16505-0393
Contact: 814) 833-4258
Phone: (814) 833-4258
Erie Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- Roger Griswold purchased this land as an airfield in 1924.
- Charles Lindbergh wanted to use the Erie Airport as a stopover. However, the airport didn’t suffice, and needed evaluation.
- 1929 saw the shutting of Griswold Field. It officially became ERI airport in 1937 with the first passenger plane taking off.
Q: Are there any priority benefits in ERI airport?
A: Yes, there are plenty of priority privileges at ERI. You can avail yourself of a speedy check-in, security, boarding, and lounge access. Ensure you buy priority tickets at the airport kiosk, aa.com, or other means.
Q: How early should I reach ERI airport?
A: Ensure you reach the airport at least 2 hours before your flight departure. The airline tickets open at 5 am and close 30 minutes before flight departure.
Q: Is Lost and Found services available in ERI Airport?
A: Suppose you lost something in the aircraft; contact your airline. If you misplaced something in the airport terminal, call 814-833-4258.