Pitt-Greenville Airport is a public airport located two miles (3 km) north of the central business district of Greenville, North Carolina and East Carolina University.
PGV airport is owned by the Pitt-Greenville Airport Authority. It covers an area of 872 acres (353 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- Pitt-Greenville Airport is equipped with the most sophisticated navigation technology utilized by the aviation industry.
- PGV has two runways.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Travellers are advised to arrive at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- Make sure to pack the luggage according to the guidelines and do not forget to carry a photo ID.
- Passengers are recommended to not wrap gifts, as security officers may have to search the contents of packages.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, please refer to the PGV Airport Map.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- Passengers can be dropped off and picked up at the curb in front of the terminal.
- Because of TSA security requirements, no waiting is allowed at the front of the terminal building.
- Also, if you’ve to wait for your passenger, you can use the parking lots conveniently located outside the main terminal.
- The Arrival flight status provides the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the PGV Airport.
- The Departing flight status lists scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- To get the best deals, book a flight at PGV here.
The renovated air terminal at Pitt-Greenville Airport was officially opened on February 24, 2011.
For more information, please refer to the PGV Terminal Map.
Mostly, Pitt-Greenville Airport is used for general aviation but is also served by American Airlines, which operates commuter service to Charlotte.
Short-Term and Long-Term Parking
Parking at PGV is easy and convenient. Well-lit parking spaces located just outside the main terminal help ensure security, safety and quick access.
First 10 minutes - Free
11- 30 minutes - $1.25
30 minutes - 1 hour - $2.50
1 hour - 1.5 hours - $3.75
1.5 hours - 2 hours - $5
2 hours - 2.5 hours - $6.25
2.5 hour - 3 hours - $7.50
3 hours - 3.5 hours - $8.75
3.5+ hours - $9
Passengers have a variety of ground transportation options after arriving at Pitt-Greenville Airport. They can choose according to their requirement and convenience.
There are various providers for rental cars at PGV Airport including Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, and more.
Limousines & Town Car Services
There are two providers for limousines and town car services - B&B Transportation Services and Granelle’s Limousine Service.
Amenities & Services
For visitors to have a great stay, Pitt-Greenville Airport provides plenty of amenities and services including:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Secure, Easy-Access ATM
- Free Conference/Meeting Facilities
- Vending & Concessions
- Foods and Drinks options
Address: 400 Airport Road, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Phone: (252) 902 2025
Pitt-Greenville Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- In 1940, the Works Progress Administration constructed the Greenville Airport on land that was jointly owned by the city of Greenville and Pitt County.
- On May 1, 1942, a Civil Pilot Training Program operated from the airport until it was leased by the United States Navy.
- Until November 30, 1942, the field was underutilized.
- During the war, Outlying Field Greenville was the busiest of MCAS Cherry Point's outlying fields.
- For years, Pitt-Greenville had been hampered by its short runways.