Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure at the Sarasota Bradenton International Airport consists of one main passenger terminal and is a two-story building.
The main terminal features all facilities of the airport. Airline ticketing, baggage claim, and other services are steps away from the main concourse and the commuter gates, while short-and-long-term parking lots are adjacent to the main terminal.
The ground level houses the baggage claim carousels and rental car counters on the left, while there are airline ticketing counters along with a curbside check-in on the right. There are several facilities on this level including charging stations, an information center, airport police, and a lost/found office. There are two telephones on each wing as well as several restrooms and baby changing areas.
The second level houses a security checkpoint providing access to the terminal gate areas B1 to B14. There are several facilities on this level including charging stations, an information center, two telephones, as well as several restrooms and baby changing areas. There are several restaurant dining and shopping options on this level.
To get better oriented, see the Sarasota Bradenton International Airport Main Terminal Map (SRQ Map).
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around SRQ airport. Some notable shops and restaurants include Dewar's Clubhouse, Freshens, and Gulf Coast TravelMart featuring Dunkin' Donuts in the pre-security area, while Starbucks Coffee, Gulf Breeze Cafe, and CNBC Sarasota Bradenton are found in the post-security area.
The security checkpoints at SRQ airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the concourses and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Sarasota Bradenton International Airport Security Wait Times Page.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time
- Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport
- When traveling with pets or other animals:
- Review the airline policies beforehand
- Use any of the two animal relief areas if required. One of them is towards the east of the terminal while another is towards the west
- Service animal relief areas are near Gate B2
- Keep your identification documents and other items of need in a small carry-on bag
- Check with your respective airlines for the baggage limit and other related rules
- Keep your luggage and personal items prepared for the TSA security checkpoints
- When traveling with kids, keep items to keep them busy and engaged such as games, laptops, books, snacks, or others depending on their interest
- Keep an itinerary at home for your family and friends to be able to reach you in case of any emergencies
- In case of lost items:
- Call the rental car companies for lost items in transit
- Call your airline for lost items inside the aircraft, departure lounge, or at the ticket counters
- Contact the airport lost/found for lost items elsewhere