Left my iPad on Aeromexico flight 643 arriving from L [more]ML 06/02/2019
How to ensure baggage gets to connecting flight
Did not know which carousel to find baggage from arri [more]Student401 04/15/2019
Can I change Bolivianos to pesos at the airportBrad Casey 03/06/2019
How much time needed to connect from AA to interjet
If Someone can help me out on the time frame on how m [more]Deborah 01/13/2019
While the Airport's passenger count is increasing continuously, due to being located within a densely populated area, it is restricted to expand. Use of the two runways have reached nearly the 100 percent capacity.
Benito Juarez Airport is situated at an elevation of 7,316 feet - located in Carranza's Gustavo A. Madero district, situated between Mexico City and the city of Nezahualcoyotl. It is surrounded by a road system, with direct access from Av. 602, Av. Texcoco, Anillo Periferico, Via Tapo and Av. Pantitlan, and can also be accessed from the South by Federal District Hwy, and from the north by Hwy 608, connecting to Mexico City's circle road near the Airport.
With two very long runways, and 41.7 million passengers in 2016, Mexico City Benito Juarez International is the main hub for Mexico's major airline Aeromexico, and secondary hub for Aeromexico Connect & Mexicana. It also is a hub for the SkyTeam. AICM is served by a host of domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- Aeromexico uses Terminal 2 for all of its flights. Its 'AM Plus Class' offers new benefits and enhanced seating in its Boeing 737 aircraft.
- Delta ONE & Delta Main Cabin check-in are on the upper level with gates 52-62.
- Electronic quick check-in booths for cardholders of Global Entry (US passport holders), Nexus (Canadian travelers) and Viajero Confiable (Mexican citizens) are now operational. in 2017, expediting the process of passport control and entry into Mexico.
- While a new NAICM Airport* is to be completed late 2020 - necessary maintenance work will continue to be made at the current airport until NAICM is put into operation in 2020.
On-Airport hotels at AICM:
- Terminal 1 houses the Hilton (tel. 0155 5133 0505), Camino Real & Fiesta Inn, and the newly opened Courtyard by Marriott (connected on level 2 of Hall G by a foot bridge).
- Terminal 2 houses the NH Hotel (tel. 1-800-2388-0767) .
Benito Juarez International Airport has two passenger terminals: T1 & T2 - connected by Airtrain /monorail & shuttle bus. For Terminal details at this site open ‘Terminal Map’ and scroll down to the text; for ground transportation open ‘Ground Transportation: /Buses & Trains.
Present & Future Airport Developments: The future $3.5 billion NAICM Airport - intended to become Mexico's regional hub - is to become one of the world's largest airports - situated at the city outskirts of Texcoco, near the Texcoco Nature Preserve, and covering an area over 555,000 sq.meters. (Preparation of the 10,938-acre site has been completed). The new Airport is to be four times the size of the current one, able to handle 68M passengers annually - completion of which is tentatively scheduled for October 2020.