Brisbane Airport BNE
Brisbane Airport (BNE) is an international airport in Brisbane, Australia. It serves the capital city of Brisbane as well as Queensland. It is the third busiest airport in Australia. BAC is a popular airport that is swarming with tourists throughout the year.
BAC is located in Banksia Place, Brisbane. It is 13 kilometers from downtown Brisbane. It is served by various domestic and international airlines providing flights to almost all parts of the globe.
Airport Stats and Facts
- BAC was constructed in 1995. It consists of 14 bays, including aerobridges and four bridges for a layover.
- In 2019, Brisbane International Airport served a whopping 23.8 million passengers.
- BAC is known as one of the best-connected airports. It connects to 51 domestic locations and 34 international destinations.
- In 2016, World Travel Awards adjudged BAC as “Australia’s Leading Airport.”
Airport Travelling Tips
- The routes to Brisbane Airport experience traffic during morning and early evening hours. BAC’s peak hours are 7:00 am to 9:00 am. It also sees a sudden surge in the rush from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Passengers are recommended to arrive at least 2 hours before their flight time. It is also sensible to check the flight information 24-hours before the flight.
- Passengers can view the BAC Airport Maps before checking-in for their flights.
- Passengers are screened again for a connecting flight. They can keep an eye on the monitors and kiosks for updated flight status.
Passenger Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- BAC offers visitors many parking options. Visitors can select short-term or long-term parking lots, depending on the time on their hands.
- If you’re here to drop off a passenger, you can use the valet parking.
- To view flight arrivals, you can visit BAC Airport Arrivals that provide details about arrival-times, gates, delayed flights, landing time, etc.
- Departure-related information can be viewed at BAC Airport Departures. You can access information like arrival time, delays, flight maps, and changes in schedule.
- To book flights at the best rates, book a flight from BAC at iFly.
Brisbane International Airport has 2 terminals. The airport has four levels. TUS also features a first-class Emirates lounge as well as other departure lounges. For further information, please view the BAC Airport Terminal Map.
Brisbane International Airport serves various airlines like Etihad Airlines, Emirates, Alliance Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airlines, and more.
Short-Term & Long-Term Parking
You can comfortably avail parking services at BAC. The airport offers different options for parking.
- If you’re looking to park for less than 6 hours, the short-term parking lot is the ideal choice.
- If you need to park for more than 6 hours, the long term parking lot is the best choice.
Very few off-site parking options are available outside Brisbane airport. It is better to park inside the airport.
Passengers can avail of various ground transport options at Brisbane Airport. The airport offers car rentals, buses, airport shuttles, and more. Passengers can also avail 24x7 cab services like Uber, Taxis and, Lyft.
Rental Car services can be availed at Brisbane Airport. Some of the most well-known car rental providers are Hertz, Redspot, Avis, Europcar, Budget, and more.
The two terminals at Brisbane Airport are located 2 km apart. Passengers can transit from either terminal using the Airtrain or a taxi.
Buses & Trains
If you want more budget-friendly travel options, buses and trains are also available at BAC airport.
- Bus services by TBus are free of charge and run between the two terminals.
- Translink and Coachtrans Australia are the other two public transportation providers that passengers can choose.
Amenities & Services
Brisbane International Airport offers various services and amenities to make your visit comfortable:
- Restaurants and bars
- Grocery Stores
- Gift and Souvenir Shops
- Wi-Fi Services
- Executive Lounges
- Popular Clothing Brand Outlets
- Pharmacy and Beauty Stores
Address: Banksia Place, Brisbane, QLD 4007, AUS
Phone: +61 7 3406 3000
Brisbane Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- In 1829, the airport area was called The Eagle Farm Agricultural Reserve.
- In 1925, the Commonwealth Government acquired this land for an airport.
- April 1925 saw the inauguration of the aerodrome, and in 1928, the first flight was flown from Brisbane airport.
- In 1947, post-WWII, Eagle Farm became the principal airport at Brisbane.
- The 80s and 90s saw improvement and industrial development of the airport and its surroundings.
- The years between 2000 to 2016 saw great infrastructural changes in the airport while millions of passengers traveled to and from this airport annually.
Q: When should I arrive at the airport?
A: Passengers should arrive 90 minutes before a domestic flight and at least 2-2.5 hours before an international flight.
Q: Where can I fly from BAC airport?
A: You can fly to 51 domestic locations and 34 international locations from BAC. You can view the complete list of direct flights here.
Q: What to do if I have a delayed flight?
A: Passengers can relax at the lounges, restaurants, bars or, even shop at the stores inside the terminal. BNE airport has plenty of amenities to keep passengers entertained.
Is the Skygate transfer still operating
Is the Skygate transfer still operatingDan 03/30/2020
Where do we go?
Where do I take my carnarelle 02/02/2020
I am flying from Brisbane to Wellington NZ via Sydney [more]ET 10/06/2019
Arriving terminal 1 international and leaving termina [more]Dr Rosa A Crass 09/22/2019