What terminal does Frontier come in after departing f [more]BJT 02/13/2019
From Terminal 3 to Terminal 5
Did not realize that changing from Terminal 2 to 5 wo [more]Kathlenn H 02/05/2019
connecting from ORD Term 5 to Term 3
How is ground transportation from Terminal 5 to Termi [more]Funkhouser 01/26/2019
transfer from PDX flight to Ireland flight
Hello. Great service. I'm trying to book a flight fro [more]MF 01/22/2019
Readers of the Global Traveler Magazine awarded Chicago Airport 'Best Airport in North America - while the Washington Post featured O'Hare as being a 'top airport for layovers, due to its outstanding dining options...". According to the MIT report, O'Hare is the 'best connected airort in the world'.
Chicago O'Hare Airport is about 17 miles northwest of the Chicago Loop, in the northwestern-most corner Chicago's city limits, and is located near the Tristate Tollway (I-294) and I-I90. Motorists enter & exit via I-190, branching off I-90 (Kennedy Expwy.) leading to downtown Chicago. The new Access to O'Hare via Balmoral Avenue is now open - extending west over Mannheim Road and directly connecting with Bessie Coleman Drive near the International Terminal 5. If traveling westbound on Balmoral Av. from I-294, this 4-lane extension is a new airport entry point. Also, Balmoral Av. extension is now the main connector to east & south Mannheim Rd. for the heading eastound from the airport.
With eight runways and 78 million passengers in 2016, Chicago O’Hare International Airport is an important hub for United and American Airlines, and is served by a multitude of domestic and foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
O'Hare International Airport has four passenger terminals - domestic T1, T2, T3 & international T5. (For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the deailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.)
NOTE: Transfer Passengers from T3 to T5: Cobus shuttle buses now run between Terminals 3 and 5, T5 being American Airlines' international departure teminal.
Now Available at O'Hare ORD Airport:
- U.S. CPB Global Entry - allows pre-approved, low-risk travelers arriving at the U.S. expedited clearance.
- '1-Stop' Customs clearance for international passengers arriving without checked luggage.
- APC - Automated Passport Control kiosks to move quickly through customs via self-service kiosk technology.
- Alternatively, arriving passengers at U.S. Airports may use the Mobile Passport App for bypassing the waiting line at Customs by simply completing your profile, answering questions & head straight to the Mobile Passport Control express lane.
- An indoor pet relief area is at Terminal 3's Rotunda (close to Concourse G).
- The on-Airport Hilton Hotel (tel. 1-855 827-1005) also offers the use of showers at their health club for a small fee.
Requests for proposals were issued in Nov. 2016 for a hotel operator to build new hotel next to Terminal 5 and to renovate the current hotel.
Current & Future Airport Developments: the completed Intermodal Facility included moving rental car agencies out of various locations, and extending /creating a new ATS (Alternative Transportation Station) - thereby enhancing connectivity between rental cars, parking facilities, roadways, CTA & Metra.
The $1.3B infrastructure plan is to be completed between 2018 & 2020:
- American Airlines will add 5 gates at T3, to be completed by 2018 - resulting in fewer delays and shorter taxi times.
- Road work up to 2018 includes existing Elgin O'Hare Expressway rehab & widenening; new interchange configuration at Elgin O'Hare/I-290 and Elgin O'Hare/Illinois Route 53; new access at I-90/ Elmhurst Road; Extension of existing Elgin-O'Hare Expressway to O'Hare Airport; and Western access into O'Hare Airport via York Road.
- A new Runway 9C/27C (east-to-west, 11,245ft long /200ft wide) with de-icing pads and new perimeter taxiways A & B- is scheduled to open in 2020.