Cincinnati CVG Airport is a public airport located in Hebron, Kentucky, United States. It’s referred to by its airport code CVG which comes from the nearest city at the time of its opening, Covington, Kentucky. The airport serves the Greater Cincinnati metropolitan area and is owned and operated by the Kenton County Airport Board. CVG covers an area of 7,000 acres (2,800 ha).
More information about CVG can be found below.
Airport Stats & Facts
- Cincinnati Airport offers non-stop passenger services to 63 destinations on 180-190 peak daily departures in North America and Europe.
- Overall, the airport ranks 4th in North America for total cargo operations.
- Until 2015, CVG consistently ranked among the most expensive major airports in the US.
- In 2019, CVG served more than 9 million passengers.
- A 2050 master plan is going on at Cincinnati Airport to prepare it for an increase in passenger and cargo activity.
Airport Traveling Tips
- CVG Airport is busy during the morning hours between 4:00 am - 5:00 am.
- Arrive 2 hours before a domestic flight departure and 3 hours before an international flight departure to account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
- Take a few minutes to look at the Cincinnati Airport map before heading to the airport for a flight.
- For arriving flights: CVG Arriving Flight Status provides Cincinnati airport arrival times, delays, time-to-land, and gate info.
- For departing flights: CVG Departing Flight Status lists actual vs scheduled departure times, flight delays, map tracking, and CVG airport gate info.
- To get the best fares at Cincinnati Airport, book a flight at CVG airport here.
The airport has three terminal levels and two concourses - A and B. To see the terminal locations and for additional information, please refer to the Cincinnati Airport terminal map.
The airport has one main terminal with three levels.
Level 1 - Meeting Point
Level 2 - Arrivals Level housing the baggage claim
Level 3 - Departure Level with ticketing/check-in facilities
This concourse is an island and is only reachable by an underground moving walkway or people mover. There are 22 gates on Concourse A and some of the KCAB airport board offices.
This concourse is also an island and is only reachable by an underground moving walkway or people mover. There are 28 gates on Concourse B and a Delta Sky Club.
Cincinnati Kentucky Airport is a hub for Delta Air Lines. It also serves various other airlines including Allegiant Air, Frontier Airlines, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, and more. View the full list of airlines served at CVG airport.
CVG Airport Parking
Short-term and Long-term Parking:
Parking at CVG Airport is available at the terminals. From hourly and daily parking to long-term parking, there are several parking options at Cincinnati Airport.
Many parking lots offer affordable off-site parking near CVG Airport. Most of the off-site parking lots allow 24/7 access.
After arriving at the airport, passengers have several options for ground transport to their next destination. Some of the transportation options include airport shuttles, car rentals, and buses. In addition, many passengers also utilize ride services like Uber, Lyft, and taxis.
Airport Car Rental
Car Rentals are a breeze at CVG. There are multiple car rental agencies onsite at the airport. Hertz, Enterprise, National, and other well-known car rental providers offer airport travelers a large variety of vehicles to choose from.
Airport Shuttle Services are a great way to travel from Cincinnati Airport. With the availability of various shuttle services, you can get a ride to almost any nearby location.
Buses & Trains
Public transportation is available from the airport to all major areas nearby. All means of transport are easily available outside the airport.
Amenities & Services at CVG Airport
To help you enjoy your stay, Cincinnati Airport provides visitors with many different amenities and services including:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Shoeshine stations and massage bars.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the entire airport.
- Currency exchange.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
Regular passenger pick-up occurs on the outer curb. The parking garage is accessible from the baggage claim and ticketing levels.
Passengers can be dropped off outside the terminal.
Address: 2939 Terminal Dr, Hebron, KY 41048, USA
Contact: [email protected]
Phone: (859) 767 3151 /3230
Have you lost an item at the airport? Lost & Found.
Cincinnati Kentucky Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- On February 11, 1942, President Franklin D. Roosevelt approved preliminary funds for the site development of the Greater Cincinnati Airport.
- On August 12, 1944, the field was opened.
- In 1946, a small wooden terminal building opened and the airport prepared for commercial service.
- In 1971, a new east-west runway crossing the longer north-south runway was constructed.
- In the mid-1980s, Delta created a hub in CVG and constructed Terminals C and D with 22 gates.
- On May 1, 2010, Delta closed Concourse A in Terminal 3 and consolidated all operations into Concourse B.
- In 2012, Concourse A was reopened after an extensive renovation.
- In 2014, February, Allegiant Air began its service and since then added routes to 21 non-stop destinations.
- In early 2017, Terminals 1 and 2 were torn down.
- By 2021, the airport aims at increasing cargo activity, grow traffic, and construct a new consolidated rental car facility.
- Currently, CVG is working on a 2050 master plan.
Which terminal for a Lufthansa flight?
Asked by Don Tolzmann - Sun, 16 October
Lufthansa isn't a current airline listed for this airport.
What is the phone number for baggage claim?
Asked by Sabrina Leonard - Tue, 27 September
You will need to contact your airline directly with any baggage claim questions.
How do I contact Frontier baggage claim, need to arrange for bags to be delivered to my hotel in Lexington
Asked by Sabrina Leonard - Tue, 27 September
You can contact Frontier Airlines at (801) 401-9000.
How do I go from Concourse A to Concourse B?
Asked by Sanjay Gupta - Thu, 15 September
There is an underground train that runs between the two concourses.
Can I park a travel trailer attached to pickup overnight?
Asked by Karen bauer - Wed, 10 August
There is nothing on the parking that says you can't park a travel trailer and pickup. You may have to pay for however many spaces it takes up.
What terminal do private jets use?
Asked by Mike - Sat, 6 August
Private jets use the Wheels Up Jet Center.
What is the exact address of the economy parking on Donaldson? For $9.00 a day
Asked by Lori - Sun, 24 July
The address for economy parking is 2130 Donaldson Hwy, Hebron, KY 41048.
Is Delta ticketing Check-in to the far left end of the Check-in area?
Asked by Jeanne - Tue, 21 June
The Delta check-in area is actually to the right after you go through security.
Is premium garage reserved parking open to the public?
Asked by Karen Faust - Sat, 11 June
It is only available with a pre-paid booking.
What is the wifi passcode?
Asked by Ellen turner - Sun, 29 May
There isn't a passcode but there is free wifi available.
Where is Fast Park accessing the Fast Park lot?
Asked by Andrea McBride - Thu, 26 May
We didn't find a Fast Park lot. There is a CVG Parking Advantage Program if you frequent the airport that has separate lanes where you can use your CVG Access card to enter and exit all parking lots instead of waiting in line.
What restaurants are on Concourse B?
Asked by Christy - Thu, 28 April
How/where do I get wheelchair service on arrivals at a concourse and on departures at Allegiant ticket counter? Thanks.
Asked by Steven - Wed, 20 April
You will need to contact Allegiant directly and they can get you set up with wheelchair service at the airport.
I need to pick up my grandson tonight at 10:30pm and I am handicapped. He's on united airlines. Where do I go?
Asked by Jeff - Wed, 20 April
We suggest you pick him up curbside. He will be flying into Terminal 1, and you can meet him at the Arrivals level.
Are Frontier and American Airlines on the same concourse at CVG?
Asked by marilyn Maegley - Sun, 17 April
Yes, both Frontier and American Airlines operate out of Terminal B.
What shopping is open now?
Asked by Lydia Short - Fri, 25 March
What terminal does Frontier fly out of?
Asked by BW - Fri, 25 March
How early do I need to be if flight leaves at 6:00am?
Asked by Barbara - Mon, 21 March
The airport suggests that you arrive at least two hours before your flight's departure. Fly safe!
Is there a public phone available?
Asked by brian lynch - Fri, 18 March
No, there does not seem to be any public phones available at this airport.
Do I need to wear a face mask?
Asked by Kea Paddy - Tue, 15 March
Yes, as of March 2022, federal regulations require that everyone must wear a mask at the airport, in the terminals, and on the aircraft. These regulations can be changed at any time.
How do I arrange for a ride from the ticketing area to the boarding gate?
Asked by Helen - Mon, 28 February
What hours do the parking lot shuttles run?
Asked by Sharon - Sat, 19 February
The parking lot shuttle service operates approx. every 30 minutes throughout the week from 5:00 AM to 12.30 AM