Cincinnati CVG Airport is a public airport located in Hebron, Kentucky, United States. It’s referred to by its airport code CVG which comes from the nearest city at the time of its opening, Covington, Kentucky.
The airport serves the Greater Cincinnati metropolitan area and is owned and operated by the Kenton County Airport Board. CVG covers an area of 7,000 acres (2,800 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- Cincinnati Airport offers non-stop passenger services to 63 destinations on 180-190 peak daily departures in North America and Europe.
- Overall, the airport ranks 4th in North America for total cargo operations.
- Until 2015, CVG consistently ranked among the most expensive major airports in the US.
- In 2019, CVG served more than 9 million passengers.
- A 2050 master plan is going on at Cincinnati Airport to prepare it for an increase in passenger and cargo activity.
Airport Traveling Tips
- CVG Airport is busy during the morning hours between 4:00 am - 5:00 am.
- Arrive 2 hours before a domestic flight departure and 3 hours before an international flight departure to account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
- Take a few minutes to look at the Cincinnati Airport map before heading to the airport for a flight.
- For arriving flights: CVG Arriving Flight Status provides Cincinnati airport arrival times, delays, time-to-land, and gate info.
- For departing flights: CVG Departing Flight Status lists actual vs scheduled departure times, flight delays, map tracking, and CVG airport gate info.
- To get the best fares at Cincinnati Airport, book a flight at CVG airport here.
The airport has three terminal levels and two concourses - A and B. To see the terminal locations and for additional information, please refer to the Cincinnati Airport terminal map.
The airport has one main terminal with three levels.
Level 1 - Meeting Point
Level 2 - Arrivals Level housing the baggage claim
Level 3 - Departure Level with ticketing/check-in facilities
This concourse is an island and is only reachable by an underground moving walkway or people mover. There are 22 gates on Concourse A and some of the KCAB airport board offices.
This concourse is also an island and is only reachable by an underground moving walkway or people mover. There are 28 gates on Concourse B and a Delta Sky Club.
Cincinnati Kentucky Airport is a hub for Delta Air Lines. It also serves various other airlines including Allegiant Air, Frontier Airlines, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, and more. View the full list of airlines served at CVG airport.
CVG Airport Parking
Short-term and Long-term Parking:
Parking at CVG Airport is available at the terminals. From hourly and daily parking to long-term parking, there are several parking options at Cincinnati Airport.
Many parking lots offer affordable off-site parking near CVG Airport. Most of the off-site parking lots allow 24/7 access.
After arriving at the airport, passengers have several options for ground transport to their next destination. Some of the transportation options include airport shuttles, car rentals, and buses. In addition, many passengers also utilize ride services like Uber, Lyft, and taxis.
Airport Car Rental
Car Rentals are a breeze at CVG. There are multiple car rental agencies onsite at the airport. Hertz, Enterprise, National, and other well-known car rental providers offer airport travelers a large variety of vehicles to choose from.
Airport Shuttle Services are a great way to travel from Cincinnati Airport. With the availability of various shuttle services, you can get a ride to almost any nearby location.
Buses & Trains
Public transportation is available from the airport to all major areas nearby. All means of transport are easily available outside the airport.
Amenities & Services at CVG Airport
To help you enjoy your stay, Cincinnati Airport provides visitors with many different amenities and services including:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Shoeshine stations and massage bars.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the entire airport.
- Currency exchange.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
Regular passenger pick-up occurs on the outer curb. The parking garage is accessible from the baggage claim and ticketing levels.
Passengers can be dropped off outside the terminal.
Address: 2939 Terminal Dr, Hebron, KY 41048, USA
Phone: (859) 767 3151 /3230
Have you lost an item at the airport? Lost & Found.
Cincinnati Kentucky Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- On February 11, 1942, President Franklin D. Roosevelt approved preliminary funds for the site development of the Greater Cincinnati Airport.
- On August 12, 1944, the field was opened.
- In 1946, a small wooden terminal building opened and the airport prepared for commercial service.
- In 1971, a new east-west runway crossing the longer north-south runway was constructed.
- In the mid-1980s, Delta created a hub in CVG and constructed Terminals C and D with 22 gates.
- On May 1, 2010, Delta closed Concourse A in Terminal 3 and consolidated all operations into Concourse B.
- In 2012, Concourse A was reopened after an extensive renovation.
- In 2014, February, Allegiant Air began its service and since then added routes to 21 non-stop destinations.
- In early 2017, Terminals 1 and 2 were torn down.
- By 2021, the airport aims at increasing cargo activity, grow traffic, and construct a new consolidated rental car facility.
- Currently, CVG is working on a 2050 master plan.