Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
Connection in Detroit
My friend is landing in Detroit from Amsterdam and ha [more]mrs8910 02/13/2018
Flying to DTW from GRR to connect a International fli [more]TC 02/13/2018
Flying Delta into DTW from Minneapolis and connecting [more]LM 02/08/2018
layover time needed from flight from the Netherlands
I am arriving with DL139 on the 19th: 19FEB DL139 Ams [more]h bos 02/07/2018
Detroit Metropolitian Airport ( DTW ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
The passenger terminal complex at Detroit Metro Airport consists of two terminals - the North Terminal with Concourse D (off Rogell Drive), and the the McNamara Terminal with Concourses A, B & C (off John Dingell Drive) - connected by a shuttle bus, and accessible from I-94 (Exit 198) or I-275 (Exit 18). While currently Delta and its SkyTeam partners Air France & Virgin Atlantic operate from McNamara Terminal, all other airlines operate from the North Terminal.
- A shuttle bus circles the terminal area and runs every 10 mins between the North Terminal and the Westin Hotel (7 mins), between the hotel and the McNamara Terminal (2 mins) and between the McNamara and North Terminals (7 mins). NOTE: Shuttle buses are subject to airport roadway & traffic conditions - count on one hour between gate-to-gate connections.
- Concourse A of McNamara has 1.5 miles of moving walkways, but also uses the Express Tram serving 3 stations - the South station near gate A11, the Terminal station in the center near the water feature, and the North station near gate A67.
- Concouses B (left) & C (right) can only be reached from Concourse A, at its center, by using the tunnel. C gates C1-C7 are on the lower level, reached in the center of B/C via elcalator.
The Westin Hotel is located at the west side entrance of Concourse A, next to gate A35.
International Arrivals: Unless you have gone through US customs clearance by participating airports in Canada and the Caribbean, you need to go through passport check, retrieve checked bags, go through customs clearance and - if transferring to another flight - re-check-in bag . You can connect to your departing gates by moving walkways or by taking the Express Tram. 30 new Automated Passport Control (APCs) kiosks in both terminals may now be used by eligible passengers - considerably cut down on wait times. NOTE: It may take up to one hour between international flight arrival and completion of the entry process by the first passenger of this flight.
International Arrivals continuing their journey:
- Passengers arriving on an international flight operated by Lufthansa, Spirit Airlines or Royal Jordanian Airlines: proceed to your connecting airline’s check-in counter to re-check bags.
- Passengers connecting to flights operated by Delta, Air France or AeroMexico should follow signs to 'Ground Transportation' for the free 'Terminal-Westin-Terminal' shuttle to the McNamara Terminal.
- Passengers connecting with other airlines need to proceed to their connecting airline’s check-in counter directly above the North Terminal's international arrivals hall.
Paging Someone: at McNamara Terminal (Delta, Air France & AeroMexico): 734-229-7199; at North Terminal (all other airlines): 734-247-1000.
- For Airline details see introductory page.
- Military lounges are in the McNamara Terminal, at Concourse A, Gate 43, and at North Terminal, Concourse D, gate D17.
The McNamara Terminal at Detroit Metro Airport is currently served by AeroMexico, AirFrance and Delta. The McNamara Terminal has 4 levels, is one mile long, with 121 gates in Concourses A & B/C.
- Departing passengers check in on level 3, go through security check and proceed down to level 2, which leads to boarding area and Gates A1-A38 (south) & gates A40-A78 (north) - served in the center by the Express Tram running separately to south gates A11/12 and north gates A67/70 - while level 2 also offers an escalator down to the tunnel leading to Concourse B/C with gates B1-B21 & C8-C27 on upper level, and gates C1-C7 on lower level.
- Arriving domestic passengers proceed to level 1 to claim their bags, while arriving international passengers proceed to the lower level for baggage retrieval & customs procedure. Both the Domestic & International Arrivals pick-up areas are right outside.
Level 2 connect by pedestrian bridge to the Parking and Ground Transportation Center (and to the Concouses /gates A, B, C).
NOTE: Many new concessions were recently added at the McNamara terminal, and the existing free Wi-Fi service was expanded for unlimited access at higher speeds.
The Lower Level is for international arrivals (with international arrivals pick-up area in front);
Level 1 is the Arrivals level houses separate domestic & international arrivals & baggage claims.
Level 3 is the Departures level with check-in facilities. Outside is departures drop-off area, and escalators inside lead to Level 2 and its concourses & gates.
Level 2 - after security check, leads to Concourses and the Westin Hotel (between the gateway to Concourse A and gate A35). Level 2's pedestrian bridge leads to parking & ground transportation center.
Concourse A with gates A2 - A78 - reached from level 2 houses A gates A38/A40 in the center, with gates A36-A2 at north and A40-A78 at south. Concourse A has 1.5 miles of moving walkways, also served by the Express Tram stopping at Terminal, North & South stations:
- The Terminal Station at the water feature near gates A38/A40, and within easy reach of gates A29-55, and access by tunnel to either Concourses B & C, or at opposite side to separate escalators to levels 3 & 1 and from level 1 to lower level's international arrivals.
- The North Station is near gate A67 and within easy reach of gates A56-78;
- the South Station is near gate A11 and within easy reach of gates A1-28. The military 'Freedom Center' lounge is at Gate A-43.
Flight Info screens display red ExpressTram icons next to flights which recommend an Express Tram ride. New Plum Market/ Zingerman's opened at gate A36.
Concourse B (at left) with gates B1-21 on opposite sides.
Concourse C (at right) with gates C8-C27 while gates C1-C7 are on the lower level reached by elevator. The tunnel at gates C1/C3 connects to gates A38/40.
NEW: Award-winning Wall Street Journal/ Starbucks travel stores at gates A20 & B8 incorporate innovative customer service tech (mobile point of sale & interactive news screens, digital menues & cooler doors). Award-winningnew Estee Lauder Beauty Boutique (Best Retail Concept) is in the central link area.
Amenities and services inside the McNamara Terminal include a large assortment of food & drink & retail outlets, duty-frees, vending machines, shoeshine & banking services.
- Foreign currency Exchange service is located at the Central Link, International Arrivals Level.
- ATM machines are located between gates: A8/A10, A20/A24; A28/A34; A34/A36; A54/A56; A60/A64; A70/A72; B2/B4; B15/B19; C21/C33, and at Parking Garage level 6.
The North Terminal is currently served by Air Canada, Alaska, American, Frontier, JetBlue, Lufthansa*, Royal Jordanian, Southwest, Spirit & United. * Lufthansa has curbside check-in & baggage check service for its Frankfurt & beyond-bound passengers. Passengers who have already checked in online may drop off their checked luggage at the curb. Also, Lufthansa's FlyNet enables passengers to surf the internet and use mobile data communication onboard.
The North Terminal offers 15 coffee shops & restaurants, and 5 shops - all located inside of Concourse D.
The terminal consists of a Lower Level with Arrivals & Baggage Claim, and an Upper Level with check-in and security check, leading to Concourse D.
Concourse D is 0.5 mile long, and has west gates D16-D1, and east gates D17-D32. A moving walkway leads from the area at Gate D5 to the Upper Level for international arrivals. A pedestrian bridge connects the center of the Upper Level with parking and ground transportation center (level 4). A new military lounge, the 'Freedom Center', opened next to Gate D-17.