Hi there, i’m flying from Orlando to Tokyo via Housto [more]Sean 2 hr ago
Flying United from Vancouver January 17, depart 7:00, [more]Mds 12 hr ago
IAH to Panama
Hi, I am arriving from the UK on United Airlines flig [more]Nelly71 Yesterday
Can family leave terminal E to have breakfast with me?
My brother is flying in from California and connectin [more]ABE Yesterday
IAH Airport is about 23 miles north of downtown Houston - accessible from Interstate Hwy 45, Hwy. 59, Hardy and Sam Houston (Beltway 8) Toll Roads.
With five long runways and 41.6 million passenges in 2016, Houston Intercontinental Airport is hub to United Airlines, and is served by a multitude of major airlines offering direct and connecting flights to countless destinations in the U.S. and around the world. Skytrax awarded Houston Intercontinental in March 2017 number 3 ranking among most improved worldwide airports and number 9 for dining.
- As Hurricane Harvey swamped Bush Airport with 10.2 billion gallons of water (equal to 33 Houston Astrodomes) - recovery work on facilities and services will be ongoing for some time to come. However, airline service and all its needed support system were fully back in service by early September 2017 - thanks to the outstanding work of civil and military entities, and the dedicated Airport service staff!
On-Airport Hotel: The recently remodeled on-Airport 'Airport Marriott Hotel' is located in the center of the Airport terminal complex - the airside of the terminals is linked to the hotel's dining & conference rooms. The hotel also provides free underground train service. Tel.: 281-443-2310 or 800-228-9290).
Houston Intercontinental Airport has five passenger terminals - TA though TE (For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the deailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.) The Airport's new turn-by-turn wayfinding technology can be accessed from any device or browser, whether mobile device, desktop or tablet
- United Airlines is offering new nonstop flights to Sydney (Australia)
Passenger pick ups /drop offs:
(a) Pick up – outside Baggage Claim/Arrivals Level - follow signs to 'Ground Transportation'; exit through doors marked 'Passenger Pick-Up':
- Terminal A: North Side, Door A-113
- Terminal B: North Side, Door B-101
- Terminal C: North side, Door C-102
- Terminal E: West side, Door E-101 or E-102
(b) Drop off – All Terminals, Departures Level.
- Subscribers to Airlines' paperless boarding now receive their boarding pass electronically on their mobile phone or PDA.
- Global Entry: The automated self-service kiosk is intended for frequent travelers, enrolled in the Global Entry system, to bypass passport control, customs & Immigration when returning to the U.S., by simply activating their data at this kiosk (note that the Global Entry program is now extended to Mexican citizens). A Satellite Enrollment Center for the Global Entry program is now available on the mezzanine level of the City Hall Vistor's Center in Houston. For more information visit globalentry.gov.
- A TSA Pre-check application center opened August 2016 in the pre-seucrity area. (TSA tel. 281-848-2957 or open www.tsa.gov.)
- Self-service kiosks with Automated Passport Control (APC) technology are available to U.S. & Canadian citizens who arrive at IAH from international flights.
- The new Wayfinding Technology does not require download.
- As of January 22, 2018 passengers will need an alternate ID to fly if they have a driver's license or ID issued by any of the following states: Kentucky, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma,, Pennsylvania, South Carolina & Washington.
Present and Future Airport Developments (Terminal B overhaul, new Terminal C North; new International Terminal D:
Current United's Terminal B Overhaul:
- Construction Phases 2 & 3 involve the overhaul of the Central Terminal B lobby, baggage claim areas, new international-capable North Concourse for mainline & regional jets; new Federal Inspection Services facility & infrastructure improvements - tentatively scheduled for completion in 2019.
New Terminal C North has been completed in Feb. 2017, whereupon old TC North was demolished to make way for the Mickey Leland International Terminal D.
A new Mickey Leland International Terminal D with 15 gates is under construction - located on the ground of the former Terminal C - it is to eventually replace the old Terminal D which had been demolished. Construction is to be completed in phases: New Terminal is to become operational by year-end 2021.
- Phase 1 is to build C Pier's end & temporary jetbridges; and to start on East C Pier extension & central processor;
- Phase 2 is to renovate C Pier in gate-by-gate phases; construction to continue on East C Pier extension & central processor;
- Phases 3A-3B: Phase 3A creates a temporary vertical circulation core for transit between new & existing facilities; Phase 3B opens the processor of the new C pier.
- Phases 4 , 5 & 6 will follow therafter, ending tentatively by 2021.