Frederick Douglass - Greater Rochester International Airport is a public airport in New York. It is owned and operated by Monroe County.
ROC airport is located within the City of Rochester, three miles (6 km) southwest of Downtown, in Monroe County, New York. It covers an area of 1,136 acres (460 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- Rochester Airport is the fifth-busiest airport in the state of New York.
- It is the third-busiest airport outside of the New York City metropolitan area.
- The Airport is home to the 642nd Aviation Support Battalion, part of the 42nd Infantry Division.
Airport Traveling Tips
- The Airport terminal building is open 24 hours per day 7 days per week.
- Passengers are recommended to arrive at least 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure times for domestic flights and at least 2 hours prior to scheduled departure times for international flights.
- Travelers 18 years and older need to bring a government-issued photo ID to the airport and be prepared to show it at any time.
- All passengers must attain a boarding pass before they are permitted past the Security Checkpoint. Boarding passes are not issued at the gate.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, please refer to the ROC Airport Map here.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- Arriving passengers can be met in the center of the baggage claim on the ground floor at the Arrivals Greeting Area. They can also be picked up at the curbside.
- Passengers can be dropped off outside the terminal. However, there is no waiting or no parking at the curb and the vehicles shouldn’t stop for long or left unattended.
- The Arriving flight status provides ROC Airport arrival times, gate info, delays, and time to land.
- The Departing flight status lists scheduled vs actual departure, flight delays, departure times, gate information, and map tracking.
- Book a flight at ROC here, to get the best fares.
Rochester Airport ROC features a modern two-story terminal with two concourses and 21 gates.
To see the terminal location, and for more information, please refer to the ROC Terminal Map here.
The various airlines served at Rochester Airport include Allegiant Air, JetBlue, United Airlines, and more. View the full list of airlines served at ROC Airport here.
The Hourly Parking Lot is an outdoor parking facility and should be used when parking for less than a few hours.
First hour: $2
Each additional half-hour: $1
Max per 24hrs: $24
Garage parking is the only covered facility at the Frederick Douglas – Rochester Airport. It is equipped with elevators and stairways between levels.
Each additional hour: $2
Level 1 & 2 (Max per 24hrs): $16
Roof (Max per 24hrs): $12
Passengers can choose among a variety of options for ground transportation after arriving at the airport. The various options include buses, rentals, airport shuttles, etc. In addition to this, many passengers also opt for ride services such as Uber, Taxis, and Lyft.
Car rental counters at Rochester Airport are located on the lower level adjacent to the baggage claim area. The top car rental providers at ROC include Hertz, Enterprise, and more
Taxi Cab Starter Booth is located in front of the main terminal, center entranceway, lower level.
The Rochester Airport is serviced by the Rochester Transit Service (RTS) throughout the day. The bus shelter is located on the lower level roadway, east end of the airport.
Amenities & Services
To make your stay awesome, Rochester Airport provides visitors with many different amenities and services including:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Massage bars, and shoeshine stations.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
Address:1200 Brooks Ave, Rochester, NY 14624, USA
Contact: [email protected]
Phone: (585) 753 7020
Rochester Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- The site of the Greater Rochester International Airport, originally known as Britton Field, was used for aviation purposes as early as 1919.
- In the 1920s, Eastman Kodak Company and the United States Army used Britton Field as a landing field for the testing of Kodak's aerial photography experiments.
- In 1928, the name of the aviation field was changed from Britton Field to Rochester Municipal Airport.
- After the 1963 expansion gave it its final layout, the terminal had ten gates in two concourses.
- By the early 1980’s conditions at the ROC terminal were beginning to show signs that the facility needed yet again another upgrade to accommodate its continued growth.
- In February of 2005, the terminal went through yet another renovation to better accommodate record passenger growth.
- In 2016, ROC was the first airport in New York State to win Governor Andrew Cuomo's Upstate Airport Economic Development and Revitalization Competition.