Frederick Douglass Greater Rochester International Airport Map & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
Frederick Douglass Greater Rochester International Airport is a public airport in New York. It is owned and operated by Monroe County.
ROC airport is located within the City of Rochester, three miles (6 km) southwest of Downtown, in Monroe County, New York. It covers an area of 1,136 acres (460 ha).
The terminal building structure at the ROC Airport has one main terminal building with two levels which house two concourse areas: Concourse A and Concourse B.
The lower level has a centralized security checkpoint with ticketing counters on either side. There are restrooms, phones, elevators/escalators, and AEDs. There is also a Business Centre here. Four baggage claim carousels are also located here at the very centre of this level.
Smoking is only permissible outside the terminal areas.
For more information, please refer to the ROC Airport Map here.
Frederick Douglass Concourse A
This concourse has 10 terminal gates labelled as gates A1-A10.
It has restrooms, escalators/elevators, pet relief area, phone, and nursing stations. Near the entrance there is a Play Zone as well.
Susan B. Anthony Concourse B
This concourse has 10 terminal gates labelled as gates B1-B10.
It has restrooms, escalators/elevators, pet relief area, phone, and nursing stations.
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are various shopping and dining options inside both concourse areas of the airport.
For dining there is Taste of Rochester, Subway, and Gusto. In Concourse A there is Flight Deck Diner and near Concourse B there is On the ROC's Sports Bar & Grill. For shopping there is Hudson News.
- For lost/found items:
- Contact the airline for lost items inside the aircraft
- Visit the airport website for lost items at the TSA security checkpoint
- Please contact the Airport's Communication Center at 585 753-7001 for items lost elsewhere at the airport before 5 days
- Please contact the Monroe County Sheriff’s Property Clerk at 585 753-4005 for items lost elsewhere at the airport before more than 5 days
- Passengers are advised to arrive at least 2 hours before their scheduled departure time to account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
- To ensure a smooth check-in process, passengers should pack carry-on luggage in a suitable manner, have photo ID ready, and read all the airline guidelines properly prior to arriving at the airport.
- No unattended baggage will be allowed inside the terminal building. You must keep your bags with you at all times.