can i reserve a spot
can i reserve a spot in advance for 4 days?steve biller 09/02/2018
parking free? How to find out about flight cancellations
Is the parking still free? How can I find out about [more]Barbara 02/08/2018
Parking fee implemented
Have they started charging for parking at RFD yet. Sa [more]Deb R 12/19/2017
cell phone lot
Where do people park that are waiting to pick up passengers?DDT 12/05/2017
RFD is home to the second-largest air hub sorting facility in United Parcel Service's system. DHL and BAX Global have smaller facilities at RFD. Right on airport premises is the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, a world leader in aviation and aerospace education.
Rockford Airport is only 4 miles south Rockford - near Interstate Hwy I-39 & US 20, with access to I-90 & US 51.
With two long runways a yearly passenger count of about 210,000, Chicago Rockford Airport focuses on providing vacation charters to popular non-stop seasonal destination, but has also offers scheduled flights to major U.S. hubs with connections around the world.
It is advisable to arrive at the Airport 1.5 hours prior to your scheduled departure flight.
The two-level passenger terminal at Chicago Rockford Airport houses ticketing & rental car counters, and baggage claim and an airport cafe on the lower level, and security, departures and a restaurant on the upper level.
- Ticket counter hours are generally 8am-4pm, and Allegiant's ticket counter is open one hour after each flight departure.
- The Customer Service Counter on the lower level of the terminal - next to the ticket couters, can also be contacts at tel. 815-969-4412.
- The following services are FREE at Rockford Airport: baggage carts, curbside baggage service & WiFi access.
- International passengers will arrive at a separate gate adjacent to the terminal (next to UPS).
- For lost or found items, call 81-969-4412 or e-mail [email protected]
NOTE: In August 2017, Rockford Airport received FAA funding of over $10.5M ($5.5M to cover the second three phases Terminal Expansion Plan, with the remainder to be used expanding cargo apron.
Current Airlines serving Rockford Airport:
- Allegiant 702-505-8888 - to Phoenix, Las Vegas, Orlando, Fort Myers & Tampa with services January - April
- Apple Vacations 1-800-517-2000 with services January - April
- and other charters.
Transportation: Aside from rental cars, taxis, and Uber share-ride (www.uber.com/cities/rockford) - passengers can use the RMTD Bus Service (tel. 815-961-9000 / www.rmtd.org) Mon-Sat. The bus is in front of the terminal, at east end of servie drive. Take South Main Bus 7 to RMTD Transfer Cener on Wst Sate Street - then switch to the East State Bus 11 and get off at Greyhound /Clock Tower stop.