Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
- Water tanks were set up for passenger use (bring a water bottle).
- Charges for food & drink are reasonable and restaurants show mandatory price lists.
- A hotline for passenger complaints /problems is in service.
- Free electric golf buggies are available on level 3 (with priority to persons with limited mobility, elderly, children & pregnant women).
The Passenger Terminal Complex consists of two Terminals - Domestic Terminal T1, and new International Terminal T2 - connected by a free shuttle bus running every 10 to15 minutes, 6am to midnight, and starting at: T2, level 1 (at west side) , making stops at T1, level 2, at A Lobby; at E Lobby, and on to level 1, at A Lobby.
- International Arrivals need to go through health quarantine & immigration* /passport check, then retrieve their bags from the baggage claim carousel (if you cannot find your bags, proceed to Lost & Found counter at this area) and go with bags through Customs inspection; then exit at public hall for outside transport options. * The Immigration Counter is past the transfer counter to the left - in the Arrivals area (just before you get to baggage claim and customs). For Visa information open www.Vietnam-immigration.org.vn - tel. +83 909 343525.
- International Departures check in on level 3 (overhead screens will indicate check-in counter letter). After baggage screening note if 'Clear' sign pops up - continue with immigration procedures; if 'Unclear' pops up, follow staff to recheck counter, then return & complete immigration* procedures. When going through security check, present boarding passes & identity documents. Check your boarding pass for gate number and follow corridor to level 2 (downstairs). If aircraft parks at apron, use escalator to level 1 & board the bus to it.
NOTE: Terminal 1 houses sleeping pods with box-like beds (3 single, 11 double pods) costing around $6).
TERMINAL DETAILS: (If transferring from one terminal to the other, take the Shuttle Bus running every 10-15 minutes.)
Domestic Terminal 1 (T1) - shaped like a Y with four levels - has recently been modified and Lobby E added. Lobby E has a connector to lobbies A,B,D & D (C being in the center and A,E & B surrounding it.
International Terminal 2 (T2) opened January 2015 (further improvements will be ongoing up to 2020). T2 has four levels above, and one below ground - with a main terminal and two 'wings' (concourses). A large glass wall offers natural light. While the first phase of construction will be ongoing up to 2020, when it should reach a capacity of 10M passengers, the second phase of construction is scheduled between 2020-2030 increasing capacity to 15M passengers per annum.
Currently Terminal 2 has 96 check-in counters, 10 self-service kiosks, 17 boarding gates (14 of which have boarding bridges); 283 FIDS Info Screens (showing public lobby, check-in counter, waiting room & boarding gate). The Arrivals level offers information counter, rental car counters & Lost & Found. The Airport Information counter at T2 can be reached at tel. +84 4 35876.101 or 104.
Level 1 of T2 is the Arrivals level with six baggage carousels, leading to Duty free area and thereafter to 2 separate Customs checks on oppsite sides. Each side has its own banking facility, and the center offers food & drink, while between the two escalators near the exits is the Information counter.
Level 2 of T2 is for immigration of arriving passengers. Its mezzanine level offers food & drink and banking facilities; escalators lead up to Immigration counters, and another two escalators lead to the transit counter.
Level 3 of T2 is the Departures level with four rows of check-in counters A through H, followed by Security checkpoint, restaurants, shops & other amenities, with acccess to departure gates via 14 airbridges.
Level 4 of T2 houses the FIC Lounges for First & Business Class, and a VIP room, & food & drink, as well as airline offices.
Other amenities & services inside T2 include Information counters, a Tourist Information counter, Post & Telegraph office, duty-free shop, souvenirs, first aid station, and lounges.