Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
Kansas City International Airport has a single main passenger terminal complex with two circular terminals. Terminals B and C have their respective boarding gates surrounding the outside of the ring. The third terminal, Terminal A, is now closed.
Terminal B at Kansas City Airport is served by Allegiant, Delta, and Southwest. This terminal has 30 gates labeled as Gates B31-60. There is a Business Center inside this terminal at Gate 56.
To get better oriented, see the Kansas City Airport Map - Terminal B
Terminal C is served by Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American, Apple Vacations, Frontier, Spirit, & United, Vacation Express / Miami Air, and VivaAerobus. This terminal has 30 gates as well, labeled as Gates C61-90. There is a Business Center inside this terminal at Gate 76.
You can find two nursing rooms inside Terminal C: one inside the holdroom serving Alaska, American, Frontier and Spirit, and the other inside the United departure lounge.
To get better oriented, see the Kansas City Airport Map - Terminal C.
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around MCI airport. Some notable shops and restaurants include Missouri Vineyards, Pork & Pickle, and KC Marketplace News & Gifts in Terminal B; and InMotion Entertainment, Just Off Vine, and Great American Bagel & Bakery in Terminal C.
The security checkpoints at the MCI airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the concourses and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Kansas City International Airport Security Wait Times Page.
International Arrivals & Transfers
There are two international flight routes that are catered to by MCI airport: Canada and Mexico. International Arrivals and Transfers are monitored by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Expedited Entry is granted to some low-risk passengers and members of the Global Entry Program.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time
- Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport
- The following ground transportation options are available at the airport: Metro Bus Service, Shuttle Services, Rental Car Services, Limousine Service, and Taxi Service
- Lockers are not available at MCI Airport
- Currency exchange services are not available at MCI Airport
- In case of lost items:
- Call 816-243-5237 for lost items inside the parking or airport terminals
- Call 816-243-5544 for lost items inside any of the airport parking lots or either of the two-colored buses
- Call your airline for lost items inside the aircraft, departure lounge, or at the ticket counters
- Call 816-243-1390 for lost items inside the rental car shuttle bus
- When traveling with pets or other animals:
- Review the airline policies beforehand
- Use the pet relief areas if required. These are located at the end of both Terminals B and C
- Pets are to go through screening at the security checkpoint
- You will be required to take your pets out of the carries and walk them through the metal detectors; visual or physical inspection may be required in any other case
- When traveling with children:
- Account for extra time
- Keep children activities in your carry-ons
- Contact the airline beforehand if you need assistance for minors
- Children under 12 would be required to take off their shoes during the screening process