5 hour layover
We have a layover for 5 hours in Phoenix. Don't want [more]MH 06/12/2019
My husband will be flying in via dallas late at night [more]Adella 06/08/2019
I am arriving from Tucson on American Airlines flt 18 [more]Minna Moskowitz 06/02/2019
If my wife and I both have Military ID s,(retired w/2 [more]john chappelle 05/20/2019
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
Serving the City of Phoenix & Maricopa County, PHX is the primary airport of the State of Arizona, and one of the country’s major airports. Sky Harbor Airport is only a few miles east of downtown Phoenix - surrounded by the Papago Freeway, 24th Street, Washington Street, 44th Street and Hohokam Expwy.
Airport Facts & Stats
With three long parallel runways and over 44M passengers annually, Phoenix International is the primary regional hub and gateway to Mexico for US Airways, the third-largest hub for commuter airline Great Lakes, and focus city for Southwest. PHX is served by a host of airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- Early-Bag-Check-in for Passengers of American, Southwest & US Airways is now available at East Economy Parking and at the new PHX Sky Train Station. East Economy users can drop off bags before parking. Metro light rail users can drop off bags at 44th St./Washington Station on level 2, east side. Check your bags 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
- Baggage check-in at the Rental car Center: Passengers returning their rental car can now check in their bags at the Rental car center.
- Passenger pickup/dropoff: Using the 44th St. PHX Sky Train Station. It has the advantage of early bag check service, kiosks to print out boarding passes, and quick transfer to terminals via Sky Train - a 5-min ride to T4, 7 min to T3, with walkway to T3 or T2. Additionally, the Station has a free Cell Phone Lot.
- Security waiting times are now visible on the Flight Information Displays, on Paging Screens, and in the PHX Sky Train stations.
- Automated flight info tel. 800-PHL-GATE
- Airport general Information & Paging tel. 215-937-6937
- Airport Police 215-937-6817
- Aviation Division 215-937-5499
- Concessions 215-937-1200 or www.philamarketplace.com
- Lost/Found 215-937-6888
Sky Harbor Airport has three passenger terminals - T2, T3 & T4. For paging use tel. 602-273-3456, for Lost/Found 602-273-3333; for parking 602-273-4545. (For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the detailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.)
Airport Recent News
The ongoing redevelopment project of Terminal 3 is to be completed in phases - some of which will be done up to late 2017, with the remaining work to end by 2019/20. The project is broken down into three components:
- Component 1 involves a new, consolidated security checkpoint to reduce wait times; additional airline ticket counters and more baggage handling capacity; overhauling HVAC & vertical circulation systems, and new finishes in the interior and exterior.
- Component 2 involves the replacement of the old South Concourse (to be torn down) by a new 15-gate concourse. The added gates at the new concourse will result in closure of airline operations at T2. Major improvements in this area are to include new food & retail concessions, new amenities and a large airline hold room.
- Component 3 involves the passenger flow reconfiguration & upgrades to concessions and provides new food & drink offers, and new interior & exterior finishes at North Concourse.
Southwest will invest in Terminal 4's new 8-gate Concourse - to open 2021.
As of May 2017 - 15 airlines support a $900M plan for 'critical' improvements and new infrastructure will include $396M maintenance & repair to both airfield & terminals, laying the groundwork for future development. Separately, a new Air Traffic Control tower is to be included. The projects undertaken between 2017 and 2023/25 include airfield & terminals, and the smaller Northeast Airport.
3400 E Sky Harbor Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Phone: (602) 273 3300