Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
The passenger terminal complex at Phoenix Airport presently consists of 2 terminals - Terminal 3 & Terminal 4. Sky Harbor Road divides the terminals with the corresponding parking garages in the center of Sky Harbor Blvd. The Phoenix airport complex is located between 24th Street to the west and 44th Street to the east. In front of each terminal at the baggage claim level are taxi & limo stands, and stops for inter-city shuttle, charters & Blue Diamond buses. An information counter is on level 4. PHX airport terminal 'Navigators' are available to be of service to passengers- recognized by their purple jacket or shirt.
Terminal 2 passenger pick-up & drop-off area is at north curb; for Terminal 3 north & south curb; for Terminal 4 drop-off is at north & south curbs on level 2, and pick-up on level 1. A walkway at T2, between doors 7 & 8 leads to T3. Alternatively, use the services at the 44th St. SkyTrain Station & take the Sky train to T4.
Passenger Paging - Inside all PHX airport terminals - look at PAL automats with phones. From outside call 602-273-3455 or e-mail ( http://skyharbor.com/Email_PassengerPaging.aspx). Pages are being announced verbally and visually throughout the terminals.
Getting Around the Airport
Sky Train connects all three Phoenix Airport terminals. It runs from the regional 'Valley METRO' light rail station at 44th Street to the Airport's east economy PHX parking lot, and moves on to Terminal 4, & to Terminal 3 where a walkway connects to Terminal 2. Trains arrive/depart every 3-5 minutes. The PHX Sky Train stations offer kiosks to print boarding passes and feature a pet relief area. Both the 44th Street Station & East Economy parking also offer early baggage check-in for American, Southwest, United passengers, have cell-phone waiting lots for passenger pickup, and sell METRO light rail tickets. To see the layout of all the terminals, please refer to the Phoenix airport map.
Terminal 3 serves Alaska, Delta, United and other airlines serving Phoenix Airport. Food & drink, as well as retail concessions are available throughout the terminal, and Kids Play areas are in the North Concourse.
- Level 1 contains ticket counters and baggage claim. PHX Market serves coffee & grab-and-go items. (Note: After leaving the airline ticket counter, take the escalator up to the security checkpoint on level 2; thereafter take the escalators to level 4 to access your gate).
- Level 2 contains the consolidated Security checkpoint. After going through security, proceed to level 4.
Level 4 is the boarding area with gates 15-26. There is a nursing station, ATM, indoor pet relief area, shoeshine, shops, restaurants, & charging stations.
Containing gates A1-A30 and B1-B28, Terminal 4 is the dominant, award-winning terminal, accounting for 80% of all Sky Harbor passengers, and currently serves American, British Airways, Southwest, and other airlines. It is accessible from both North & South sides. Moving walkways in the secured area surround level 3 on its north, east & south side, enabling passengers to freely access to A, B, C & D gates (each of the gate areas house food & drink & retail concessions).
- Level 1 is the Arrivals level - housing the baggage claim, Global Entry & TSA Pre-check enrollment, hotel courtesy phones, ATM machines, currency exchange, and more.
- Level 2 contains the Ticketing Level with check-in facilities. Paging assistance is near South doors 22 & 28.
- Level 3 is the Departures Level, which has a rectangle-shaped main area offering food & drink and retail concessions at its north & south sides, with elevators, escalators, paging, Information counter, & charging stations in the center.
International Arrivals & Transfers
Most international flights arrive at PHX Terminal 4 (gates B23-B28). Unless you have gone through US customs clearance by participating airports, you need to go through passport check, retrieve checked bags, go through customs clearance and - if transferring to another flight - re-check-in bag. Allow for at least 35-45 minutes for customs & re-check-in procedure, and another 30 minutes to board the shuttle, go through security and to your connecting gate. International Arrivals at T4 have access to currency exchange and ATM banking on level 3.
- -TSA PreCheck is available for quicker security check lines - enroll online at tsa.gov or at the Enrollment Center is at T4, level 1, west end, near Door 2.
- Global Entry (globalentry.gov) speeds up the Customs procedure.
Delta Airlines Sky Club: Terminal 3
American Admirals Club: Terminal 4, at gates A7, A19, & above gate B5.
The Club at PHX is a pay-in Airport lounge located next to gate B22.